Deleted

Can't use all keys on keybord

Hey Guys,

This must sound a bit weird but i can't seem to type sertain key in WoW.
    It started when the latest patch hit (6.2.4.21355).

these i can't use for sure (didn't test more): ^ (shift+6) ' "

things I already tried to fix the issue:

scan and repair
    made a ticket (blizz said use alt+94)
    disabled all addons
    i've set "text & spoken language" to english

I'm from the Netherlands and use a QWERTY keybord.

Does anyone else have this problem, and did anyone fix it (tell me how then plox)?

Greets Ronnie

Possible things that may help figure it out:

- Did you recently try to bind those keys? Are you sure they are not bound to something else already, causing them to both not work?
    - Are you trying to get them to work via a macro function? IE hitting shift + 6 in order to activate a skill
    - Have you tried typing those keys into chat in wow?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    you sure your keyboard is working correctly? checked if it has a Fn-Key and turned that off?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Possible things that may help figure it out:

- Did you recently try to bind those keys? Are you sure they are not bound to something else already, causing them to both not work?
    I've reset it to default, so no.

- Are you trying to get them to work via a macro function? IE hitting shift + 6 in order to activate a skill
    nope

- Have you tried typing those keys into chat in wow?
    i forgot to mention that in my post, they work everywhere (word, google) just not in WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you sure your keyboard is working correctly? checked if it has a Fn-Key and turned that off?
    everything works fine outside WoW %% ^^ && just the little roofs (duno what they are called in english).

Not sure then. Other then unplugging then re plugging in the keyboard. There seems to be problems with this on and off in wow with no real answers.

I found this :
    If you press "esc" and select "key bindings" for that character, is it set to use character specific key bindings, or global key bindings?

If they are all blank on that character, and they are not all blank on your other characters, then you must have that character set up to use character specific key bindings... look at the check box in the top right corner of the key binding screen and make sure it isn't checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    When i changed my UI to RealUI, my binded keys from F1-F8 became unusable. The abilities i had on those bars was still there, but the bounds are disappeared. I needed to rebind those keys to the abilities. Try rebinding them.