Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Too bad World PvP will be dead by legion, PvE gear will dominate again...
    It's been dead since vanilla.

Halaa in TBC was actually great. Towers in hellfire was decent too
    They provided a decent bonus in the zone and had unique currency & rewards just for that area

Deleted
    Yeah, some attacks on Alliance capitals, Stormshield, HFC blockades, Honor Hold... It's one of the things that'll never get boring and make me still love this game.

Braktixx, Sanctum PvP, Grim Batol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but as much as WPvP is fun, Honor Capped EU are renowned for being nothing more than a bunch of trolls who won't fight alone, if you kill one of them, you can guarantee they'll have a group forming just to try and get revenge... On one person. The guild's vendetta against that other guild, I think they moved away, Vengeful Midnight or Dawn or something? Is just silly. I mean, just check Outland's forums and you'll understand how silly it is.

Point being, Honor capped is not WPvP, is just a raid of people ganking the vast minority on a 90% Alliance Server. With all that said, I definitely don't mind trolling Destinite.
    Lol at you. Apparently you know nothing ... And then you are rude. Flaming some player that got nothing to do with the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Lol at you. Apparently you know nothing ... And then you are rude. Flaming some player that got nothing to do with the discussion.
    Yes, the GM of the infamous Honor Capped, leader of the bunch of trolls and shitposters, has absolutely nothing to do with this post. Which is advertising for that same guild. You can't seriously say I'm the rude one when you're in HC.

Deleted
    No, wpvp got crippled with flying mounts and died with cross-realm.

Deleted
    If you're red, you're dead.*

*If I can get away with it.

last time i was wpvping was when u had to go to nagrand to queue arena and there were a lot of fights around halaa, good times. s2 i think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Not this time.
    Especially this time. We get honor talents and gears you get from pvp ilvl will scale to your ratings.

Deleted
    I just hate to kill low levels it brings me no sense of acomplishment.

In fighting games like Tekken i always lose on purpose VS low levels with my high ranked characters.
    Why? To make them feel good about themselfs and not quit the game.

Today i won VS 2 kids with the mic on (possibly brothers)...i could have made their day awesome by losing on purpose...but i won and i never felt so bad

No. There are always more reasons we need to be working together rather than stirring up trouble. Because I'm into the lore, I can't find much motivation for pvp. I have Alliance and Horde toons and they all wish we could stop wasting energy on fighting each other.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

In fighting games like Tekken i always lose on purpose VS low levels with my high ranked characters.
    Why? To make them feel good about themselfs and not quit the game.

Today i won VS 2 kids with the mic on (possibly brothers)...i could have made their day awesome by losing on purpose...but i won and i never felt so bad
    Wait what? Why the hell would you just throw matches like that? The bad players are just going to end up getting stomped by another good player down the road anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Wait what? Why the hell would you just throw matches like that? The bad players are just going to end up getting stomped by another good player down the road anyway.
    Because it gives them motivation to think that is possible to win. Maybe they will end up practicing a little bit more knowing that one time they defeated a high ranked.
    I cry inside if i rofltomp a guy with a match history of 3 wins and 20 losses...why should i beat a little kid senseless?

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I know that alot of players claims world pvp is dead, and the only wpvp that exists is high level players killing low level players.
    However, that is not always true, but I am aware that it sometimes can be a problem.

So, my question is, are there anyone on these forums who loves wpvp, or wish there was more of it ?
    Firstly your guild is considered a universal joke. Literally incompetent in every possible way. You Guild Leader is a racist, homophobic, sexist who uses sheer weight of numbers to win over inferior groups of Horde. You also play alliance on Outland a realm that has roughly 34 alliance to every 1 horde. If you had any balls you would faction change horde and take on an actual challenge.

Next WPvP is not dead but has been severely neutered. All these stupid items like glitter bombs, feathers and nukes have dumbed down the reason to use tactics, formations or ability. That added to exactly how your guild operates has ensured that every battle becomes a laggy, unplayable mess of aoe.

Because this generation is so narcissistic the old fights for fun and challenge have now become egotistical battles where to wipe is to suffer a real life heart attack. Guilds like the OP's do not engage in small scale, ever. They also never even raid with just a single raid group and never without intentionally lagging the server. Because of this type of endorsed behaviour, from terrible guild leaders, who portray a severe case of megalomania, WPvP has been suffering immensely.

WPvP has become a joke. Run by jokers who fancy themselves a 'Troll' but really just come off as socially rejected losers with a chip on their shoulder. They view the older generation of players with contempt and harass and abuse anyone they see as a threat. I've received an enormous amount of death threats from OP's GL along with attempts to track me down IRL and yet, this is only because i existed in a time before him and because people remember my guild or what we accomplished. This blind jealousy and the eagerness of every WPvPer to be famous and get remembered has degraded the sport and made the entire aspect look ridiculous. Narcissism is very real in world of warcraft. If you can take the ego out of the game there is a chance for better times in the future.

But as of now, WPvP is just a distraction for socially rejected children who lack proper parenting, manners, respect and role models.

Deleted
    Not when it involves flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Halaa in TBC was actually great. Towers in hellfire was decent too
    They provided a decent bonus in the zone and had unique currency & rewards just for that area
    Except the currency was for capturing the towers, not for holding them. Smart players actually wanted the other side to capture the towers, because that was the only way they could capture them back. Letting them be capped back and forth all day (without defending) worked out best for everyone.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I like the idea of it, at least occasionally, but I think it isn't explored to it's full potential.

I'd like to see Blizzard (through in-game rewards and leaderboards) or at least a 3rd party (ie fansite; through leaderboards mainly I guess) support world pvp content, like skirmishes on different places of the world, attacks/raids on cities, guild vs guild battles, etc; all relatively balanced (ie raiding a city with an actual defense group, or having a 20x20 skirmish in Tarren Mill, etc).

It could have guild leaderboards (for wpvp as well as rated BGs) as well as an overall faction leaderboard - ie alliance guild/groups victories & participation will give points to the alliance side; horde guild/groups victories & participation give points to the horde side, making it a faction-wide effort to keep your faction up. Could simply follow the arena timings for seasons, too, to make it simple.

i actually just returned to wow and still have a couple of server transfer codes left. I want to join that guild you are in lol. Bleeding hollow is awesome, but cant find a fun pvp guild to join that enjoys doing world pvp because that is one of my favorite things to do in the game. What server are you on? I am US btw

Or if anyone knows of an awesome fun PVP/WPVP guild

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Shame that it doesn't really happen anymore. Hoping that legion brings people back and it gets revived.
    ... haven't been following Legion much, have you?

World PvP is well and truly dead. Gear templates do not apply in wPvP, meaning Mythic Raiders (lulz tanks with 4 million HP) will utterly dominate World PvP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What gear can you get from PvPing?

Never heard anything else about that.