Thread: Nostalgia

10+ Year Old Account

Nostalgia

AHOY!

So, I accidentally found one of my favourite songs from GTA Vice City: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41N4oi4Qmw8

And it's conjured up many memories of driving over prostitutes and robbing banks in Vice City, and driving over pesky hostile gang members on my adventures, nothing like a japanese song to remind me of shotgun toting fun!

Any sights/smells/songs that remind you of anything fun that you used to enjoy?

15+ Year Old Account
    I get nostalgia from so many of the rock songs form Vice City. Had so much fun with that game as a kid, haven't enjoyed the others nearly as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when we didn't need rose tinted glasses, those where the days.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I get nostalgia from so many of the rock songs form Vice City. Had so much fun with that game as a kid, haven't enjoyed the others nearly as much.
    Play GTA3? F-f-f-f-f-flasssh FM! best radio station ever <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I remember when we didn't need rose tinted glasses, those where the days.
    ahh just for the post count then? thanks for contributing!

Deleted
    Sometimes i listen to the old Unreal Tournament music, stil love it.

The person that composed this music used to be my Guild leader in vanilla WoW, small world.

Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2016-03-28 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vice City. Definitely one of the best.

I loved to pop on the new wave 80s station.

To this day hearing the The Outfield (I dont wanna lose your love) reminds me of the Delivering Pizza Mission

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Vice City. Definitely one of the best.

I loved to pop on the new wave 80s station.

To this day hearing the The Outfield (I dont wanna lose your love) reminds me of the Delivering Pizza Mission
    there were just so many amazing songs in that game! 80s music associated with drive by murder? Yes please!

Deleted
    Vice City, perhaps still my favorite GTA title (San Andres close second).

I just loved cruising in the beach area while listening to Billy Jean

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes!

The game looked like such a technological advancement at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Many things. Songs, movies, tv shows, smells, tactile sensations. Even reading the Dragonlance Chronicles brings me back to the summer of 1995 when I first read Dragons of Autumn Twilight. It gets even stronger if I read it during the summer with a fan going and it gets a certain temperature. Or the wet green look of a spring day after it has rained brings me back to when I was 12 and walking to school after it had just rained.

Listening to "I ran (so far away)" makes me think of GTA Vice City. Listening to some of the songs from San Andreas brings back memories (especially if I hear one of the country songs, it brings back memories of killing rednecks in the game). Certain WoW songs take me back to when I enjoyed the game. So many things bring memories back from a previous time.

This particular Red Alert song gives me real nostalgic feelings x)

Stay a while and listen.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Stay a while and listen.
    I was all about Diablo 1, myself. The second one didn't have the same horrific tone, IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrK90XJfqRs

AS it is occasionally still heard outside of the game. Will always remind me of the time I utterly flattened a quest objective with a car after a "high" jump. I landed on his head and then track just did the breakdown. Made me giggle San Andreas was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Not many people have played this game but it was probably one of the best games of the 90s and definitely the best space combat sim ever.