Single player games akin to WoW?

As much as I try, I can't keep playing WoW right now due to the content drought until Legion comes out. I haven't played any single player games in a long time and I would love to find one (for the PC, don't have any consoles) that has the cartoon feel that WoW has. A colorful game, cartoonish, good gameplay. Looking for an RPG or action adventure/dungeon crawler (not a strategy game). I loved the Breath of Fire games because of how colorful and cartoonish they were (similar to the way WoW looks)..any suggestions? Thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    The first games that come to mind for me are Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (cartoony) and the Elder Scrolls series (more realistic, but scratches that RPG itch).

Kingdoms of Amalur

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    As much as I try, I can't keep playing WoW right now due to the content drought until Legion comes out. I haven't played any single player games in a long time and I would love to find one (for the PC, don't have any consoles) that has the cartoon feel that WoW has. A colorful game, cartoonish, good gameplay. Looking for an RPG or action adventure/dungeon crawler (not a strategy game). I loved the Breath of Fire games because of how colorful and cartoonish they were (similar to the way WoW looks)..any suggestions? Thanks!
    Oddly enough the top one that comes to my mind is being advertised at thw bottom of this page. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Regularly on sale on steam, origin and other retailers. Similar art style, beautiful colors, massive game.

Not quite the same but the first Fable might be up your alley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    The first games that come to mind for me are Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (cartoony) and the Elder Scrolls series (more realistic, but scratches that RPG itch).
    Kingdoms is about the best.

I know that itch you're trying to scratch. Nothing comes close to WoW, and I hate that. The movement being so fluid, the way everything just works, nothing matches that.

KoA is steeped in mythology/lore, is cartoony looking, and is really a lot of fun to play. There are even dungeons :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom of Amalur, like the others have said, is your best bet, shame the studio went bankrupt because of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim might work. Plenty of mods to make it play how you want it to play.

Black Desert Online is like Wow-diablo clone, most of time you play alone

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The Fable games come to mind, for me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Try Wildstar. Definately worth trying, ftp also. Its Mmo by definition, but you can make it singleplayer if you wish, just like any other mmo.

Kingdoms of amalur comes to mind as well as Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, which was recently released on pc. Both offer at least 100 hours of content.

I've not fully played through KoA but from what i've experienced the combat is very good, has a lot of dungeons and quests out the wazoo.

Dragon's Dogma i have fully played through, Lots of boss monsters to fight, awesome combat, three main classes and additional classes unlocked once level 10. Quests quite entertaining and varied. Quite a few caves and dungeons to explore. 2 Big dungeon / raid content towards endgame that will generally take you 2 and a half hours to clear without unlocking the shortcuts. Also New game + to make things harder with new monsters, new game + also increases boss difficulty just like Dark souls.

I'm gonna leave a trailer for it down here, just so you get a general picture of what it's like.

https://youtu.be/goH1mtLiyGU
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2016-04-01 at 08:49 PM.

@zimboombafoo: How about Torchlight? Though I'd second the Wildstar suggestion.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Velispion View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Regularly on sale on steam, origin and other retailers.
    That game is so buggy that is unplayable. You don't want to find out that the entire questline has stalled because of bug that occurred some 4 hours ago. It is Daggerfall-class buggy.