Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Noblegarden 2016, Legion - Xavius Shoulders, Tweets, Overwatch - Tracer Pose Removal

Scheduled Maintenance Reminder, New Leveling Method for 2.4.1

New Card Reveal - Cult Apothecary, Ben Brode on Ragnaros, Lightlord, Popular Constructed Decks of the Week

Town Hall Heroes Ep. 101, Into the Nexus #97

Noblegarden 2016
    Noblegarden is here again! There are no changes this year, but don't forget about the Magnificently-Painted Egg and Mystical Spring Bouquet from last year.

Legion - Xavius Shoulders
    Legion adds leather shoulders that look like the shoulders worn by Xavius, the final boss of the Emerald Nightmare raid.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Professions
    Why are you making vendors sell the new class tomes? Tomes are an ideal item for Inscription and would fill the glyph void.
    Scribes craft Vantus runes, Darkmoon cards, scrolls, relics, toys, consumable glyphs, etc. Void should be filled. (WarcraftDevs)

Pets and Pet Battles
    what will happen to the Pet menagerie in Legion? Will it still reward that many pet charms as it is now?
    The pet charm rewards from Warlords content will be significantly reduced, but not eliminated completely. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    It may be true that a tiny % of players post on social media, but are you going to neglect the info you have just because it's not perfect? (OccupyGStreet)
    you have a concept of perfect info?
    Of course not. But it's very easy for game developers to tune out feedback because they are only hearing from a minority. (OccupyGStreet)
    You should understand it's a minority, but still appreciate the feedback! (OccupyGStreet)

Overwatch - Tracer Pose Removal
    The developers responded to a feedback thread to let the community know they were replacing one of Tracer's poses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    So I wanted to start off by saying, I think the development team has done a pretty great job with the cast of female hero's in Overwatch. They are diverse, interesting, and compelling. From Mei to Zarya to Widowmaker the female cast reflects a large spectrum of personalities and player fantasies.

With that being said, lets talk about Tracer. From a marketing standpoint, she's the star of the show. She's a great hero. When we look at the way she's portrayed in promotional media, lore, and art in game we know a few things about her..

She's Fast. She's Silly. She's Kind. She's a good Friend. Her body seems to be comprised of about 95% spunk.

Almost all of her art reflects this. She's got cool skins, She's got fun poses, She's got amazing victory animations. All of this art reinforces the great character you've built around tracer.

Then out of seemingly no where we have this pose:

WHAT? What about this pose has anything to do with the character you're building in tracer? It's not fun, its not silly, it has nothing to do with being a fast elite killer. It just reduces tracer to another bland female sex symbol.

We'll replace the pose. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented.

Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better.

Well, that escalated quickly…

While I stand by my previous comment, I realize I should have been more clear. As the game director, I have final creative say over what does or does not go into the game. With this particular decision, it was an easy one to make—not just for me, but for the art team as well. We actually already have an alternate pose that we love and we feel speaks more to the character of Tracer. We weren’t entirely happy with the original pose, it was always one that we wrestled with creatively. That the pose had been called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in our community did help influence our decision—getting that kind of feedback is part of the reason we’re holding a closed beta test—but it wasn’t the only factor. We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better.

We wouldn’t do anything to sacrifice our creative vision for Overwatch, and we’re not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it. Our goal isn’t to water down or homogenize the world, or the diverse cast of heroes we’ve built within it. We have poured so much of our heart and souls into this game that it would be a travesty for us to do so.

We understand that not everyone will agree with our decision, and that’s okay. That’s what these kinds of public tests are for. This wasn’t pandering or caving, though. This was the right call from our perspective, and we think the game will be just as fun the next time you play it.

If it isn’t, feel free to continue sharing your concerns, thoughts, and feedback about this and other issues you may have with the game, please just keep the discussion respectful.

Thanks,

jeffrey
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-03-29 at 07:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Don't worry luvs, the social justice cavalry's 'ere!"

Tracer should be made to wear baggy sweatpants, that's more in line with her character, anyway.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2016-03-29 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    'i don't want my child to see a pose possibly seen as seductive whilst she's murdering other people in a game' halp halp

15+ Year Old Account
    "It just reduces tracer to another bland female sex symbol. "

And here I thought that characters could have layers and not be defined by one or two traits.

If the pose was changed because it doesn't fit the character, then that's cool. But if it was changed because it's too sexy... then that's a damn shame. Next up is asking them to remove McCree smoking because it's a bad influence for someone else's kid.

What a shame.

... but again, as long as it's a character change and not a "too sexy for prude mom of 2" then I don't think it's a big deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Her body seems to be comprised of about 95% spunk.
    Hahahahahaaa best word they could find.

The one thing more annoying than SJW's - The people bitching about them. Maybe their posts need warnings so they don't trigger you too.

While I don't care about the butt or about how sexy the pose is, it is a very weird pose. What hero stands with their back to the 'audience' and sticks out his/her bum like that? It's not a normal pose, no man or woman stands like that after a killing spree, it's just not a victory pose.

I enjoyed the 90's more when, you know, people complained about not being able to call one another when the dial-up was used for the internet (no cellphones yet kids) or when their favorite flavor of yoghurt was out of stock on a particular day. Now we are stuck with this bullshit and it depresses even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    unique leather shoulders?! yay it's rogue/monk/dh/druid's turn! past expansions catered to plate (tusks of mannoroth and the black hand), and cloth (archimonde)... RIP mail users unless i'm forgetting something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    "Don't worry luvs, the social justice cavalry's 'ere!"

Tracer should be made to wear baggy sweatpants, that's more in line with her character, anyway.
    Or what about creating a skin for her pants which would behave like actual clothing and not like body paint? All girls in my sports classes have been wearing leggings, and no one had her leggings creeping into her buttcrack. Cameltoes have been a greater thing than that. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    'i don't want my child to see a pose possibly seen as seductive whilst she's murdering other people in a game' halp halp
    *insert thank you gif*

Who the fuck said it's got anything to do with the children? Maybe the SJWs complaining didn't like it themselves?

I don't care either way. Oh boohoo, I wont get to see a virtual ass, oh noes,

Hey, Jeff.

Your words in the thread are literally at odds with what you've said here.

The shitty attempt at damage control is appreciated, but you can't seriously believe we'll buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    While I don't care about the butt or about how sexy the pose is, it is a very weird pose. What hero stands with their back to the 'audience' and sticks out his/her bum like that? It's not a normal pose, no man or woman stands like that after a killing spree, it's just not a victory pose.
    What about Revy from Black Lagoon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    The one thing more annoying than SJW's - The people bitching about them. Maybe their posts need warnings so they don't trigger you too.
    No.
    People have a full right to be annoyed and bitch about SJWs because they ruin way too many things for everyone that nobody asked for.

Deleted
    Great to see the SJW's ruining something else!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wasn't going to play overwatch anyway, but I still hate it when blizzard give up and concede to SJW's. The company's really gone down hill.

Thumbs up

That filename tracerOMGButtsHideYourKids.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Revakrogue View Post
    Next up is asking them to remove McCree smoking because it's a bad influence for someone else's kid.
    Tychus says hi.