10+ Year Old Account

Killer Instinct on PC (Windows 10) 3/29/16

I didn't see a megathread on Killer Instinct, but if one exists then mods please feel free to merge this one.

With the release of Season 3, Killer Instinct is now cross-platform and is available on Windows 10. Even though it just came out in this format, I wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to play it [the Windows 10 version] yet and give any feedback concerning the netcode and how it stacks up to playing it on the XBone.

I've been interest in KI since it came out, but haven't been able to play it since I don't own an XBone. I'm *really* interested in trying it out, but don't want to waste my money on a crappy PC port that doesn't play well (like Mortal Kombat).
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

It's fucking free on PC.

Is Cinder playable? He was my bro back on the SNES version.
    21GB???

Dafuq? Is this Open World or something?

I need confirmation on all this!? Someone link me something!?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    It's fucking free on PC.
    Turns out, yes....its fucking free on PC. =)

I think you just a "free" demo version with most characters locked or something though.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...t/9nblggh1z149

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

I think you just a "free" demo version with most characters locked or something though.

Oooooh shiny. Thanks for the link.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

If it works like the Xbox One versions did, all previous seasons content should be free, but you will have to pay for season 3 content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was hype as fuck when they announced that KI will be available on PC - but the whole Win10 and from Windows store-only stuff instantly made it a big fat NOPE.
    Why would they do that, they should be clever enough to know that this will keep so many people away, that would buy the game with all characters etc.

Damn I didn't have any idea. Thanks for the post. I have the original KI arcade machine in my basement, bit of a fanboy. Thought I was going to have to pick up an xbox eventually to play it. There goes my evening.

What's so terrible about Windows store?

Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    Well, I was hype as fuck when they announced that KI will be available on PC - but the whole Win10 and from Windows store-only stuff instantly made it a big fat NOPE.
    Why would they do that, they should be clever enough to know that this will keep so many people away, that would buy the game with all characters etc.
    It's a fighting game, online competitive fighting game. You shouldn't be modding it, and you don't really need all the bells and whistles graphics settings. For something like Quantom Break I understand not wanting to buy it on the W10 store... for KI though there is no good reason not to.

KI only being on the windows 10 store has more positives then negatives, you can party up and fight request friends on xbox as it uses the same interface. That's more beneficial for an online competitive fighting game then the negatives of the W10 store.

What's so terrible about Windows store?
    Besides the fact you can't mod it it has other issues or had I am not sure if they fixed it since the gears of war thing but.

Forced borderless window you can't change.

forced v sync

it's games for windows lvie 2.0 and I don't think Microsoft learned from their first mistake.

no SLI or crossfire support

no mouse macros

I am not sure if any of that changed since I have not really followed the windows 10 store but if any of that did change feel free to correct me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it last night and it ran great. I don't have any complaints about the Windows Store yet.

Although I only played for about an hour, I was really impressed with the Tutorial mode. Its one of the more comprehensive tutorials I've seen, and as someone who is NOT good at Fighting games, this is a good thing. The combo guide was REALLY useful for me in particular.

I didn't play any multiplayer matches, but I did do one round of the Story mode with Saberwolf. The game itself felt really good too. I've been watching Max's channel and streams, so I'm familiar with what's in the game, but actually playing it for the first time was fun. The gameplay was very smooth, the attacks felt like they had impact, and the combo's seemed more visually impressive (maybe because I was actually doing them). I only did one Ultra-Combo finisher, but it was on Thunder's Stage and it just looked as awesome as it felt. And actually...I think I prefer the Ultra-Finishers to MK's Fatalities... >_>;;

Now I didn't buy it last night, so I just played the Free version. But I think I'll buy it tonight. I just need to figure out which version is the best one to buy.

Why is it 21GB though?

What is so massive about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is so massive about it?
    ...the killer groove?

Wanted to check it out but seen its Win10/Windows store. Since I am not on Win10 ill give it a pass. I don't care if its on the Win store but they do need to improve the store alot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD