Deleted

Challenge Mode achievements

So we are all in the final stretch of Warlords of Draenor and there are still some of us who havent done Challenge Modes yet... so whats the chances of getting them done?

Well, my personal experience is next to zero unless i pay for it

Ive spent the expansion putting CM bis gear in my bank ready to do them. Ive read the guides, spken to loads of people who have done them and picked up the advice and tips. And yet its almost impossible to find a group to get them done!

I spent this weekend trying to get into a group and nobody would accept an 8 year Rogue veteran, with gear, currently 10/13 Mythic, because i havent done any CMs yet. Yep thats annoying! lol

You will probably suggest that i ask in my guild, well i did and everyone who wants to do CMs has already done them, most paid for it.

Does anyone actually do CMs without paying for it?

It all seems very stupid that Blizzard has created some content which next to nobody completes in the way its intended... such a high % of people paying for it ruins the content right?

In MoP to get my first set done I made an event on openraid and picked the best players from the people that signed up.

For WoD I looked around in the group finder; got into one group that cleared a few before it fell apart. Was able to pick a choose groups doing individual cms to finish it off. This can be hard depending on class. Some groups would deny me just for being a monk regardless of having bis/experience. Since the weapons will be boa regardless of who you unlock them on it may be worth it to just do it on a favored class.

Good luck though I felt your pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Endomonadia, as a Rogue myself, I did them over a year ago, in January 2015. I found out that doing them as soon as possible in an expansion seems to be the best way. Today even people with skill get lazy and buy them. Especially since gold has become so easy to obtain. However, I love CM, they are really fun, some of the best PvE content there is in game. It's a shame to buy it.

My best tip for you to do them is simply to start a group yourself. Some people will say like "inexperienced leader, no thanks" but just say you have done them on an alt and play along. There are AMAZING videos on youtube, that step-by-step explain every part of the dungeon. Just watch them and learn the dungeons and you will be fine.

And to make it as easy as possible, get a DK Tank, Druid Healer, Hunter and Enhance/Arms Warrior/Warlock to go with you and you should be fine! Combat is sick for CM atm, so you are in luck. If you need a good Hunter I could even join on my alt, wouldn't mind doing them again

Just don't use the Premade finder, it will make you depressed :/
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I just got my last one done (Iron Docks, of all places) last night. I did all of mine by just looking for people who needed a 5th in the group finder tool. As a Hunter main, I obviously couldn't apply if they needed a tank or healer. And often groups were insisting upon a specific class or spec for their last slots but most of the folks I spoke to were willing to at least talk to me if I didn't meet their class criteria. As soon as you start getting some golds it becomes easier to talk yourself into more groups.

I pugged all the WoD CM golds this way as a BM Hunter -- just casually checking the group finder tool for groups that maybe needed a spare DPS. If I can do it, you can do it. Just keep food / flasks / dps and invis pots on hand and be ready to deal with some idiots before you find an actually functional group.

Also have Skype / Mumble / whatever-the-balls the flavor of the month voice chat app is up and ready to go. Standard PUG stuff.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Do you have Mirror of the Blademaster, from council in HFC? Linking that trinket, and being an enhancement shammy, made it easy for me to get into a group and get my first gold to link for other groups prior to having exp. There are plenty of pugs on the Blizzard lfg that will try you out simply if you show them that trinket.

If you play dps with 0 experience in WoD CMs, then looking for groups will be a long, long way to get this done. If you are confident in your skill and watched videos and stuff, leading your own group will most likely be a better idea, after you get 2-3 golds you can start looking for groups again, but having 0 golds is a huge detriment and I'm not suprised you can't find groups - I wouldn't take you either.

When I did Cms for the first time I was in a group of people with 0 experience and it took forever. We had to learn all dungeon, retry them many times, and video guides were very scarce at the start of expansion. Why would I pug someone with 0 exp when finding dps with 8/8 on alt doesn't take more than 10 minutes. Maaaybe if you were a blood dk or resto druid that could prove he is good/watched vids/got bis I would give you a shot, but why bother with unexperienced dps when it takes so little to find someone who had done this on an alt?

I mean look at yourself, you didn't even mention possibility of making your own group (probably because it's lot more work than joining someone) but you want someone to take you instead of going easy way and taking someone with xp? You might be lazy but other people are lazy too, they don't want to risk pugging someone who has to be babysat whole dungeon when there is an easy alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just paid 250k for a boost. Wod CMs are boring and it's impossible to find a group. I pugged all gold on multiple alts in mop and had lots of fun doing it. Wod is just an all around shitty, dead expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I just paid 250k for a boost. Wod CMs are boring and it's impossible to find a group. I pugged all gold on multiple alts in mop and had lots of fun doing it. Wod is just an all around shitty, dead expansion.
    I still don't get when people say it is impossible to find WoD CM groups. As I mentioned in my post above I got into probably the first CM group I tried signing up for just by linking my Mirror of the Blademaster trinket (BiS for enh shammy) even though I had 0 xp. For most of WoD prior to discovering that my main was the best dps spec for WoD cms I had been planning on also buying a carry. However, after many months of no sellers on my realm showing up I just decided to go for it and see if I could at least do okay in them seeing as I was an OP spec anyway. I even got into raiding for the first time in WoD at normal & heroic difficulty (outside of trash runs in HM/BRF) solely to get the Blademaster trinket in order to make it more likely to get into groups. It paid off and I got 8/8 gold all from pugs in the Blizzard LFG. I think more of it just has to do with anxiety about being good enough for the difficulty and/or lacking at least one of your BiS trinkets for whatever class you are rather than a lack of groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    So we are all in the final stretch of Warlords of Draenor and there are still some of us who havent done Challenge Modes yet... so whats the chances of getting them done?

Well, my personal experience is next to zero unless i pay for it

Ive spent the expansion putting CM bis gear in my bank ready to do them. Ive read the guides, spken to loads of people who have done them and picked up the advice and tips. And yet its almost impossible to find a group to get them done!

I spent this weekend trying to get into a group and nobody would accept an 8 year Rogue veteran, with gear, currently 10/13 Mythic, because i havent done any CMs yet. Yep thats annoying! lol

You will probably suggest that i ask in my guild, well i did and everyone who wants to do CMs has already done them, most paid for it.

Does anyone actually do CMs without paying for it?

It all seems very stupid that Blizzard has created some content which next to nobody completes in the way its intended... such a high % of people paying for it ruins the content right?
    I did CMs in MoP the standard way by looking for groups in the forum, there was a sticky with group requests etc. Did my last gold run on the last day before they disabled the achievement. ^_^; But I was inactive some months and then took some time to farm gear. Also did CMs only with one character because of all this, this is the only thing I regret a bit. But I don't think I would have had the time to prepare more than one character. I am happy that I also got the green fire and title on my warlock beside CMs.

In WoD, I took the path of least resistance and paid for the runs. I just don't want to waste my time with looking for groups, and gold is easy to come by with so many maxed garrisons. Also, I am a bit disappointed by the CMs in WoD - full transmog set and 4 mounts in MoP versus a weapon and one mount in WoD. One more reason I just wanted to get this as quickly as possible. I know I would be able to get the achievements on my frost mage anyway, paid runs just save my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Do you have Mirror of the Blademaster, from council in HFC? Linking that trinket, and being an enhancement shammy, made it easy for me to get into a group and get my first gold to link for other groups prior to having exp. There are plenty of pugs on the Blizzard lfg that will try you out simply if you show them that trinket.
    You are playing pretty much the best spec with the best trinket possible. Non shaman/hunters don't even register against an enhance who knows how they have grounding totem.

Best dps spec is an understatement. You practically guarantee a gold timer by yourself if you know when to reflect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I've done 8/8 on 3 chars in both mop and wod. I've always pugged them. It's hard to find a pug especially if you're 0/8 yes, but it's no where near impossible. Sometimes good groups take randoms just because they cba to wait for ppl with experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even tried to look for a group, and I'm halfway BiS while soloing Drov the Ruiner every other week for a piece, and completing legendary ring to get normal HFC runs/items.

Blood DK, so really hoping to power through them before they're over.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You are playing pretty much the best spec with the best trinket possible. Non shaman/hunters don't even register against an enhance who knows how they have grounding totem.

Best dps spec is an understatement. You practically guarantee a gold timer by yourself if you know when to reflect.
    True, but unless the group you are trying to get into are running 2 or 3 of the above classes there should still be at least one open dps slot, which could make it so you can get into a group (especially if you are a non shaman/hunter that can use the trinket as it just makes trash pulls even more trivial regardless of class).

Although Openraid is a shadow of its former self, it's still a great way to find/form groups for this. A rogue with spinners should be able to find a group there or in the LFG tool without too much fuss as long, I'd think.