Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I don't understand why they do this. I understand they like "prestige" and "I was there", but there are better ways of doing this than just removing content altogether. I don't think it's ever a good idea to just simply remove something, especially considering the game does not benefit from it at all and there is less content to do for people who are both new to the game or haven't experienced those things yet.

Over the years they have removed raids, dungeons, CMs, quests, parts of the world, items, and even game system stuff like old talents, pets, mounts and ui stuff.

They should just keep the content in the game and just award titles and feats of strength to prove the "I was there" mentality.
    A-net removes plenty of content far more than its even added to be honest, the state GW2 is in is far worse at this point tbh than WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I know of no dungeons they've ever removed, and they've only removed three raids from the game, all of which were brought back as raids or dungeons later.

What pets or mounts were removed?

Challenge modes aren't removed, but the earlier ones are closed simply because it makes no sense to have a timed dungeon based on current gear, stats, and abilities usable by people 10, 20, 30 levels higher with new abilities that can prove dungeon-breaking.

As for the rest of it, well, every game changes. SWTOR overhauled its talent system, for instance.
    Nobody will ever be able to do classic Deadmines, RFK/RFD, Wailing Caverns, RFC, ect, ect for the rest of the existance of WoW.

Nobody will be able to run classic ZG for the rest of WoW.

Nobody will be able to get Atiesh, Corrupted Ashbringer, ect for the rest of WoW.

It goes on and on. This is also not to mention all the different playstyles that have been removed throughout the course of the game, that nobody will ever be able to play again. While there are only a few outright removals of content, there are FAR more changes in content that makes one unable to experience what was there before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Nobody will ever be able to do classic Deadmines, RFK/RFD, Wailing Caverns, RFC, ect, ect for the rest of the existance of WoW.

Nobody will be able to run classic ZG for the rest of WoW.

Nobody will be able to get Atiesh, Corrupted Ashbringer, ect for the rest of WoW.

It goes on and on. This is also not to mention all the different playstyles that have been removed throughout the course of the game, that nobody will ever be able to play again. While there are only a few outright removals of content, there are FAR more changes in content that makes one unable to experience what was there before.
    I also don't get to experience Opening Day of Star Wars: A New Hope, .50 cent a gallon gas, or being able to get on an airplane without taking off my shoes, belt, backpack, and everything else. Things change.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The dungeons that they used to be are gone.
    Not on the conventional sense, they're still in the files, but they're not accessible.

There was a time in MoP when queueing for the Headless Horseman put you in classic Scarlet Monastery and you could still do whatever you could in the Graveyard section.