Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Proving ground is broken, and always was broken. What Blizzard should actually do is delevel you to a fixed ilvl and balance mobs output based on that - exactly like it was in MoP. WoD's version of PG is full of bad scaling at almost every turn.
    Proving Grounds was broken in MoP. Different classes/specs scale differently with gear, that's why WoD PG is way better than previous version. Have you tried to do MoP PG as fire mage or feral druid or rog? That was disaster... all you had to do was to chose 'correct' class and you were breezing through it, while other classes were out of luck. Now you can play whichever class you want, just need to prepare for it accordingly.
    I also believe that it's gonna be even better in Legion, since they are trying to play a bit with stat scaling. So some classes (eg. fire mages) should be viable at start as well, and not only classes that scale poorly with gear. We just need to wait and see if that will work out well.

OT: Everyone saying that ilvl is everything, but I have to disagree. I think correct stats are most important, and correct ilvl for your spec is 2nd thing you should take into consideration. Also don't forget to enchant all your low lvl gear (if you gonna go for low ilvl that is, some classes scale better with low ilvl and some better with high), because that's gonna boost your perform a lot (keep in mind that end game enchants give bigger boost to lower ilvl scaling). But choosing correct stats will be like difference between day and night, so I would start there.

Apart from that, just experiment with talents and see what works best for you. You can also watch some videos, but that could mean you would need to adjust your playstyle and waste some time :/ But it's only Gold so IMO changing your gear to fit holy and going for lower ilvl + enchants (I believe for Gold even cheapest enchants will work great) will make you pass it without problems.

^ I agree, in MoP PG for healers differed wildly. Took me a few hours of practicing to get to wave 30+ on my main, resto shaman, a couple of days to get them on my 2nd-in-command, holy priest (btw I noticed solace was a lot better for PGs than Mindbender back then, not sure about WoD though), while on my questing-green-gear resto druid I went in and got 30+ waves on first try, it was just ridiculous.

Lifegripping the hunter/mage out of fire helps a bit btw.

I just tested doing it and it was almost harder as disc. The tank damage is pretty stupid but you have to check cds and make sure you're not overrlapping his shield wall with ps/gs and use legendary ring when neither is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Something like that, I have the macro, just can't remember the exact syntax for it. Use it as disc a lot.
    /cast spell_name [target=targettarget]

Proven healer was silly easy with a resto druid in MoP (treants heal the end of each wave while you kill stuff off as a kitty without using any mana... treants regen their charges... repeat). That was my alt with random crap gear compared to my priest main which I tried endless as both discipline and holy and wanted to throw things (losing in the 12 to 15 range). It took, perhaps, 2 tries on the druid.

Proving grounds are goofy. You need to talent for single target burst plus efficency. Memorizing the waves helps. You can probably find some form of "use X cooldown ability schedule for the various waves". I know that https://healiocentric.wordpress.com/ had some in depth analysis of the MoP version. The waves are the same.