[TV] Shadowhunters

Loving shadowhunters a lot more now, especially after the big reveal in episode 11 - it's made things so much more interesting and a whole lot less vanilla now don't click on here or it would ruin the surprise Jace and Clary are actually siblings.. oh dear haha, , just lovely.. totally unexpected and out of character and an excllent play from what was turning out as a very very typical and predictable if hot cast show.

That they'd pull that move, has actually renewed my interest in it, i just hope they don't go soap opera saga like vampire diary series does, super melodramatic too that one.. this is much better, more action, at least, I kinda like the lore too, but loving the new development ..haha

watching last nights episode atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Loving shadowhunters a lot more now, especially after the big reveal in episode 11 - it's made things so much more interesting and a whole lot less vanilla now don't click on here or it would ruin the surprise Jace and Clary are actually siblings.. oh dear haha, , just lovely.. totally unexpected and out of character and an excllent play from what was turning out as a very very typical and predictable if hot cast show.

That they'd pull that move, has actually renewed my interest in it, i just hope they don't go soap opera saga like vampire diary series does, super melodramatic too that one.. this is much better, more action, at least, I kinda like the lore too, but loving the new development ..haha

watching last nights episode atm.

They did the same in the movie, but IIRC they aren't really siblings it was a lie.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-03-30 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    They did the same in the movie, but IIRC they aren't really siblings it was a lie.
    awww.. you spoilt it, i was really liking that they may be.. had no idea it was a lie, but suspected it would be.

oh, it's kinda schools shadowhunters uses snapchat officially, I prefer to snapping anyway.

Had no idea there was a movie.. is Alec gay in that one? That wedding was a total shocker male/male kissing .. gay on tv is so diverse - i guess hollywood hasn't agreed on what the "optimum" standard for romance is on that front... so they haven't locked it yet.. also notice how gay romances are a lot more varied in hollywood too,, far more mixed-race/backgrounds/ages and typesets showing up than you do for straight ones which are almost always the perfect white on white mid twenties/thirties very typica predictable model in everything.

- - - Updated - - -

and.. there goes my high expectation - they should stick with them being siblings, deviate from the movie, but i know they won't. Especially seeing the preview of next week.

Also i liked that the cup was secure from Valentine, it meant that we could have an epic season or even series finale or at least some inflitration or war on the Clave. But looks like they're being betrayed again and J C will be pushed to the max.

It will come out as quite corny though, espeically after the scene where Clary shows Jace the box her mother kept, and the J C analogy comes in, that it turns out it was all a lie, what would be worse is if Clary's mum having a son was also a lie. But it was too much to expect more from this.

I still enjoy it .. somewhat though.

So this is a book series as well which I am currently reading (On book 3 out of 6 or 7) and in that they really are siblings. It is not a lie. Or at least that is still what they are claiming 3 books in. Personally the movie got me interested but it was pretty bad. I was going to watch the show but never did but the books are fairly decent in my opinion.

In answer to your question, yes Alec is gay in the movie and in the books.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So this is a book series as well which I am currently reading (On book 3 out of 6 or 7) and in that they really are siblings. It is not a lie. Or at least that is still what they are claiming 3 books in. Personally the movie got me interested but it was pretty bad. I was going to watch the show but never did but the books are fairly decent in my opinion.

omg, the books go up to 7 already? looks like this sereis is going to go on for a while, good thing the actors are relatively young, they should hold up in that role for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    omg, the books go up to 7 already? looks like this sereis is going to go on for a while, good thing the actors are relatively young, they should hold up in that role for a while.
    I believe 7 is the end. Then there is also a trilogy about Magnus Bane called the Bane Chronicles. And then there is another trilogy about Claire's mother and Valentine called the infernal devices and supposedly another trilogy coming out this year called the dark artifices that takes place 5 years after the mortal instruments series.

Deleted
    Has the series gotten any better? I watched up to episode 3 on Netflix and I just couldn't be bothered to watch it after that

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post

Keep reading, its a Lie. They aren't really siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Keep reading, its a Lie. They aren't really siblings.
    Not really a spoiler since it was in the movie that way but I'm surprised that they're still dragging that out this long. As I said I'm about 100-200 pages into book 3 and they're still saying that whereas in the movie it was revealed in what would have been book 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraclaw View Post
    Has the series gotten any better? I watched up to episode 3 on Netflix and I just couldn't be bothered to watch it after that
    did the same..sorta

Sweet Jesus...this show is just awful.

How could they write a script that involves warlocks, half-angels, werewolves, vampires...etc...and it's just fucking boring?

And there is just so much...terrible here.

I was reminded every now and then of Buffy the Vampire Slayer...and that's not good.

Deleted
    It's a shame as I enjoyed the books but then they also ruined the first attempt of this when they made the movie

It's hard to judge everything else when the script is that bad.
    But I'm kinda sure that the core cast has a good deal of raw talent. Only so much you can do though with that script. (Fighting in high heels with a whip? ugh!)