Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neat, I like the lightning axe that goes with my favorite doomhammer skin.

Good, I really disliked the first one, I hope there will be away to not have them them based on what MH you have, or what if you tmog your MH, what happens to the OH?

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Good, I really disliked the first one, I hope there will be away to not have them them based on what MH you have, or what if you tmog your MH, what happens to the OH?
    Unless you also change the appearance of the offhand, nothing.

Digging a lot the electrical axe. I've always xmogged my weapons into axes, so a combo of mace-axe that match somehow between it's a nice touch for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Then you haven't seen many caster npc's have you. I'll use an example from the good ol' threads - Nethekurse.

It makes more sense with a ranged caster because the item has been held by Thrall for a decade - someone who tends to show his shamanistic prowess the most through elemental themed abilities. I'm pretty sure at one point he shoots a lava burst out of the doomhammer, too.
    Doomhammer is totally a caster weapon since Thrall is a caster who uses Doomhammer as a caster weapon?

Thrall is a "Shaman". He has no spec. When he fights with Doomhammer, he is a melee fighter. When he fights without Doomhammer, he is a caster. Doomhammer is the Enhancer part in him. Doomhammer is a warrior weapon reforged into an Enhancer weapon.
    And to have a manifestation of the elements as an offhand weapon to dual wield with Doomhammer is a genius idea.

There's some irony in you quote the post that mentions casters in warcraft generally meleeing if they don't chain cast. It's not indicative of that weapon being a melee weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by braxkedren View Post
    Is there a way to transmog the off-hand? Is it just a item that is placed in the off-hand slot when we pick our main Doomhammer skin?

Only a couple of the shown skins I think are okay and would probably just want to change the look to something else if I go back to Enhancement.
    You can transmogrify both weapons separately.
    Honestly think that info should be stickied because people ask it daily despite the info having been available for months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There's some irony in you quote the post that mentions casters in warcraft generally meleeing if they don't chain cast. It's not indicative of that weapon being a melee weapon.
    but there is a difference between occasionally using your weapon and fighting 90% of the time with it and occasionally casting a skill.
    Casters have a focus on actually casting and use their weapons in between. Often to parry an attack, btw...
    Melees have a focus on hitting stuff. And Thrall always does this with Doomhammer.

I really don't understand how there is even a discussion. Doomhammer is a warrior weapon made to hit things, wielded by a Shaman who empowers the weapon with elemental magic. Warrior + Elements = Enhancement Shaman. It's simple logic...

Love the lightning axe one! Nice ideas they've come up with
    I remember you... In the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by braxkedren View Post
    I get so many conflicting answers on how the artifact transmog works it's crazy. Add in the fact that the off-hand is a summoned weapon (according to reading about it) that it just adds confusion on top of it.
    The fact that it is "summoned" is merely lore. It acts like any other weapon.
    All artifacts work the same, they can be transmogrified from but not to.

The limitation that really bothers me is that you can't mix and match the artifact skins. The Mh skin determines exactly which OH skin you use.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The limitation that really bothers me is that you can't mix and match the artifact skins. The Mh skin determines exactly which OH skin you use.
    I don't like it either, but as someone else said that's true of all dual wielding artifacts. Whatever skin you use it uses for both weapons. It would be nice if that wasn't the case, but I doubt they'd make an exception for enhancement.

You can, however, pick whatever mainhand you want for whatever off-hand you want, and then transmog your mainhand to something else and that won't affect the off-hand. I think, anyway.

Also, I'll just go ahead and add this..
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2016-04-04 at 09:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I don't like it either, but as someone else said that's true of all dual wielding artifacts. Whatever skin you use it uses for both weapons. It would be nice if that wasn't the case, but I doubt they'd make an exception for enhancement.

You can, however, pick whatever mainhand you want for whatever off-hand you want, and then transmog your mainhand to something else and that won't affect the off-hand. I think, anyway.

Also, I'll just go ahead and add this..
    That's good to hear at least.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How would you dual-wield anything that wasn't a one-handed weapon exactly?
    Sorry, I meant it is a single weapon, not something that is usually dual-wielded. It is kind of a one and a half handed weapon, that can be used with one hand but sometimes supported with the other one.

You can dual-wield two-handed weapons btw. (Fury warriors?)

i feel like this was the one expansion to bring back 2h weapons for enhancement

Sweet, the ugly off-hand skin was a huge deterrent for me to play it. This looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by zacdos View Post
    i feel like this was the one expansion to bring back 2h weapons for enhancement
    I, too, dared to dream once.

While I appreciate the effort and technical quality of these, none of them are artistically appealing to me. Also, lorewise, it's stupid that we're wielding some ghetto energy-hammer alongside one of the most legendary weapons in WoW history.

For my money, this is all very stupid. They should have given Enh the Fist of Ra-Den and just avoided Doomhammer altogether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawestruck View Post
    While I appreciate the effort and technical quality of these, none of them are artistically appealing to me. Also, lorewise, it's stupid that we're wielding some ghetto energy-hammer alongside one of the most legendary weapons in WoW history.

For my money, this is all very stupid. They should have given Enh the Fist of Ra-Den and just avoided Doomhammer altogether.
    For my money, what they do with Enhancement Shaman is the best they could have done. Doomhammer is a fitting weapon for enhancers and a manifestation of the elements offhand is a genius idea. It's supercool and unique and I can't understand how someone can be so negative about it...

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    For my money, what they do with Enhancement Shaman is the best they could have done. Doomhammer is a fitting weapon for enhancers and a manifestation of the elements offhand is a genius idea. It's supercool and unique and I can't understand how someone can be so negative about it...
    I generally am not a fan of different mh/oh. Not looking at the lore, or original weapon or anything, I just don't like when mh and oh don't match. But if you enhancements are happy with it, it's great for you, good work Blizzard. My alt shammy is not enhancement anyway. ^^

I currently use fist weapons, will I be able to tmog to them or am I going to be stuck with fkin maces?