Poll: What scrapped content would you like to see return?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    oh man that a tough poll.... would you prefer to be stabbed, shot or beaten to death? hmmmm

7+ Year Old Account
    Would really love to see all of them become active again, even the pvp things, even though i don't pvp. More content, no matter what content it is, is always a plus in my mind, especially when it comes to a pay-per-month game. Can't see a reason why they could not return, since they were in my opnion, enough popular to survive.

All of it because removing content is fucken stupid.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

50% voted for daily quest hubs? seriously?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    50% voted for daily quest hubs? seriously?
    They suck when they are the only content to do, but if you have something else beside the daily quests, then the hubs are pretty good. Makes it so that, if you want to, you always have something to do each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And daily quest hubs... Did they remove them a few minutes ago?
    I still was able to pick them up as always, in my Garrison, in Tanaan.. idk... I don't even wanna count them.. But I am sure you can do some 30ish WoD/current dailies easily...
    Fishing shack daily
    Daily dungeon quest from garrison hall
    Daily dungeon quest from the inn
    Daily quest from the bunker/war mill
    Daily quest from garrison table
    Daily Harrison quest from garrison hall
    Daily quest from the random trader in the garrison hall
    Daily group quest in the garrison hall
    JC follower daily quest
    Alchemy follower daily quest
    5 Daily quests in Tanaan
    6 Battle pet tamers
    Pet menagerie daily
    Random NPC pet menagerie daily
    Blingtron daily

That's all that I can come up with right now. 24 dailies, 15 of which can practically be done standing next to the questgiver. 8 of which can only be done once per account. 5 are tied to specific garrison buildings. 4 quests share a spawn point in your garrison hall and will require lots of realm hopping. Only 8 quests actually require you to go somewhere. When you're talking about hubs there are only 2: the garrison and Tanaan.

This is excluding tracking quests that don't even appear in your quest log and are only there so you only get loot once per day. Stuff like the Tanaan pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I would like to see available are all of the legendary quest lines including the Green Fire one. They don't have to reward anything but gold but there's often some good story tied up in those and having them removed is a loss to the story. The story has taken enough hits at the hands of the developers over the last few years. It doesn't need to be deliberately removed.

OK with scenarios returning.

It's dumb to say that because something wasn't expanded it was scrapped (Brawler's Guild and others).

I like daily quest hubs too. Something to do now and then.

There would be less talk about this stuff if the game had something to actually do in it over the long run. It's a mystery to me how they don't see that. Even changing the rewards for quest hubs might generate some interest in them again.

I, for one, never minded the MOP dailies although I disliked the gating but having that many dailies to do was great if that was what I wanted to do. Mind you, I've never done 'dailies' every day so a big lump of them tend to stay fresh for me longer. Players would be happier if they really learned to ignore the stuff they don't like. 'Mandatory' rewards are tenuous things.

Also, now that they've opened the doors to alternate universes and timelines, I'd be pretty OK with a restoration of vanilla 1-60 through the Caves of Time. Really I would. They could make it more difficult, scalable and reward gold or something. I wouldn't do it all the time but I'd dip into it, sure.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by StannMann View Post
    I feel we have different definitions of the phrase "scrapped". I define it more as things they had wanted to put in that simply never made it like the Azjol'Nerub zone or Path of the Titans, rather than things that are still in the game that aren't used much any more for one reason or another.

To the point of your topic, I do wish they had continued to make scenarios as endgame content. When I had done them, the queues were more forgiving then dungeons thanks to the flexibility of team composition and allowed for the utility of each player to be used more. That said, I'm a bit biased to them because I got to tank as a demolock.

Daily hubs are good as well; I enjoy the solo progression they add and I do regret sitting out a large part of MoP, at least in hindsight.
    Yeah I feel the same way about both scenarios and daily hubs. Even though I didn't do the dailies a whole lot I still ground out both of my reps before the Zandalri patch in order to get access to Alani's mount I still enjoyed those hubs personally. I miss having relevant tidbits of minor, or sometimes major, lore available in alternating dailies. The only parts I've liked about the Tannan ones were those that related to Iskar & the Arakkoa and that might have just been related to actual quests and not dailies.

The whole scenario situation is something I just can't let go off and will probably beat the dead horse until there is nothing left, but Blizzard majorly screwed up when they got rid of them after MoP and replaced them with absolutely nothing (the very rare 'solo scenarios' don't count in my eyes). Why gut a form of content that is drop dead easy to create in mass that benefits dps valor grinds, had a more casual and less casual difficulty, provided new formats to experience the serious and silly lore/characters, and gave an alternate fresh form of end game content? I'll just never understand the thinking behind the decision. Long content droughts with less diverse end game is all the rage instead I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Other: non-faceroll non-linear slow paced leveling.
    I don't think that's ever coming back, but I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brawler's Guild was my favorite thing about MoP. I'd love to see more attention be given to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I liked siege combat and I would atleast like to see what dog fights would have been like in wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Battlegrounds. Has it really been three years without a single new battleground?!

World PvP zones (WG/TB)... meh, never cared for those, honestly.
    If we add more BGs they need to have their achievements severely nerfed. At this point its just too much for what we have.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    An area alike to timeless isle with pvp events instead of the pve events on timeless. That would be cool.

daily quest hubs, really enjoyed queldenas and similar places.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    If we add more BGs they need to have their achievements severely nerfed. At this point its just too much for what we have.
    Some current BG achivements could do with an update as well, honestly, like bloody Resilient Victory. It's the only one I need for Battlemaster and I've been unable to get it since... Cata Many of the BG achivements are insanely difficult to obtain and some are very grindy. Can't imagine what it must be like for someone who's more in PvE but wants to do all the achivements

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    daily quest hubs, really enjoyed queldenas and similar places.
    Oh yeh, I enjoyed Quel'Danas back in the days, actually. Never been much of a daily fan, truth be told, but something like that. (Couldn't stand MoP dailies)

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Some current BG achivements could do with an update as well, honestly, like bloody Resilient Victory. It's the only one I need for Battlemaster and I've been unable to get it since... Cata Many of the BG achivements are insanely difficult to obtain and some are very grindy. Can't imagine what it must be like for someone who's more in PvE but wants to do all the achivements

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeh, I enjoyed Quel'Danas back in the days, actually. Never been much of a daily fan, truth be told, but something like that. (Couldn't stand MoP dailies)
    I have most of the ones from vanilla to wrath completed and yeah. Coming back after being gone for cata and mop I have zero interest in BG's because 1 there is far too many, and 2 trying to do anything at this point seems well pointless.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

16+ dungeons
    40 ilvl difference between the worst and the best item
    2+ raids per tier
    1 raid difficulty (or maybe with Hard Modes)
    old talent trees
    WotLK healers
    questing from vanilla/TBC
    BADGES for every boss in xpac (world boss/dungeon boss/raid boss)
    reforge
    professions perks
    more enchants
    sockets in almost every item
    meta sockets
    dailies
    group content

Less linear questing and the abundance of mini-hubs. Even MoP's hubs were linear. I like the idea of going to a central hub, grabbing zone-wide quests, then going out for one to two hours just doing quests before coming back, turning them in, and grabbing up the second batch. The decentralized 'mini-hubs', I feel, really lessen the impact for memories in certain zones. Everyone remembers Goldshire, Kargath, and Nethergarde. Not everyone remembers places like Telaari Station, the Shado-Pan Fallback, or Victor's Point.