Deleted

Would you resub for casual PvP (random BG /ashran)

Have a shaman with the first tier of WoD blue PvP gear but haven't played since then. Ashran was pretty shit in my experiance at that time, first few months of launch. Random BG's are alright as a decent healer cause more often then not you can sway the win if you're on top of your game.

Right now I can play a few hours a week.

1. would I be insta gibbed in my gear?
    2. would it take a long time to get on par?
    3. is Ashran fun atm? Do people even play it still?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You won't be super screwed in your gear but you will be feeling the pain.
    2. Gearing up is the easiest it has ever been so no.
    3. Ashran's only fun if you're winning!

Deleted
    1: if you have gold to spend on Champion's Honor you can gear up pretty fast. On the two servers I'm currently on they are about 13k to 19k, for 1k honor and 1k conquest points. The trinkets are most important as the pair reduces damage from players by 15%.
    2: it doesn't take long if you manage to time it right with the triple-honor weekends, but it will take a while for that to come around again. Every random BG you do you have a chance to get a box that could contain gear, gold or honor. If you win, you are guaranteed a box. So that will speed up the process a bit as well, since all PvP pieces of gear scale up to at least 715 now all the way up to 740 (when in PvP-situations)
    3: Ashran? Never tried it but maybe one of these days I will :P

The meta in Ashran is:

(1) Queue into it.
    (2) Look to see if the group is winning or is a disaster.
    (3) If winning, join them and stomp the hapless losers on the other side.
    (4) If losing, park in your base for 4 1/2 minutes then leave, wait 30 seconds to drop group, and try again.
    (5) If the winning group in (3) turns into a losing group, leave immediately as in (4).

You won't find much balanced PvP there, although it occasionally happens. The tendency is the the imbalance to swing to the extreme as the losers bail out.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can only answer your question with another question: Do you have close friends or guild mates to run with? If you are coming back solo just hold off IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You won't find much balanced PvP there, although it occasionally happens. The tendency is the the imbalance to swing to the extreme as the losers bail out.
    This is my experience with ashran as well. One side gets stomped, the other gets free conquest.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It takes two days to get a PvP ilvl of 730 by way of Ashran and you don't even have to do anything but hang with the pack so don't worry about gearing.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It takes two days to get a PvP ilvl of 730 by way of Ashran and you don't even have to do anything but hang with the pack so don't worry about gearing.
    Two days?

Three hours.

Dont PvP.

Collect Fragments from treasures.

Maybe farm mobs at ABG and Quarry (if Horde), or AoA/Brutes Rise if Alliance (For the Fortune Favors the Bold buff).

have full Honor set in 3 hours.

If possible, solo enemy warlock and portal NPCs (they also drop lots of fragments).

Seriously, it's that easy.