Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    And yet, if the women's team played vs the men's team, the men's team would win.

Saying women in sport should be payed as much as men is like saying B-league players should be payed as much as A-league players. Nobody cares how often you win the B-league, because at the end of the day you're still worse than the teams that lose in the A-league.

Umm, i dont think they would lose utterly.

And your b-league vs. a-league is nonsense, as the teams are never in the same league by default. Women's team is not in your "b-league" because they suck, y'know ? They are olympic champions of 2008 and 2012 and multiple world champions, so women's team by success is a-league. Triple a even, compared to male team.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-03-31 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    National or club? MLS bring way more money than the female clubs, hence males are paid alot more cant have female players expect to earn as much when noone watches it. National level female world cup vs male world cup. Its not rocket science hardly anyone knew there was some female championship going on when its male every fourth year its worldwide. Men earn more in football as it brings more money with sponsors viewers and people going to the stadiums its not hard. Has nothing to do with if the team won shit they wont ever come close to men in earnings in football as long as they dont have the same interest from people. Live with it whining about it on mmo wont change anything. Have a nice day.
    Ummm, I watched the Women's World Cup. As do many people I know.

If you want to keep peddling this line, please show with actual numbers how the US Mens' Teams bring in more money than the US Women's teams, commensurate with the salary discrepancy.

Otherwise, you're just making wild claims that fly in the face of what the article in the OP is saying.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Ummm, I watched the Women's World Cup. As do many people I know.

If you want to keep peddling this line, please show with actual numbers how the US Mens' Teams bring in more money than the US Women's teams, commensurate with the salary discrepancy.

Otherwise, you're just making wild claims that fly in the face of what the article in the OP is saying.
    Going to be rough for him to do that since the mens team lost money last year...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont you all just enjoy when we get a legitimate story about women potentially being paid less for arbitrary reasons (despite actually generating more revenue) and we hear nothing but the same talking points?

It would seems that unlike Tennis women soccer does bring in more money, therefore they should be paid more? Its nothing like the Tennis situation where women play half as much and their league is not even 1/10 as competitive and less profitable.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Dont you all just enjoy when we get a legitimate story about women potentially being paid less for arbitrary reasons (despite actually generating more revenue) and we hear nothing but the same talking points?
    Not just the same talking points, but a blatant disregard for the second line of the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Women's soccer players in the US make less pay even though women's soccer makes a lot more money than men's soccer. The women decided to take it to court.
    And the first paragraph from the article:
    Five prominent members of the U.S. Women’s National Team have filed a wage discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, alleging that governing body U.S. Soccer has illegally and unfairly paid women’s players less than their counterparts on the USMNT, despite the women’s team being more successful and, at the moment, more profitable.
    Sheesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Not just the same talking points, but a blatant disregard for the second line of the OP:

And the first paragraph from the article:

Sheesh.
    Oh trust me. I noticed that... like for real people, its like reading is hard.

Are MLS players getting paid more than the woman league players?

If so then there is your reason why men nationalteam gets paid more even if they are not as profitable.

Sounds like a failure of the women's players unions (assuming womens soccer works like the MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, of which I don't know)

If they make more money, they should get paid more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Refuse to play unless they get 'X' amount of money, should not be that hard.
    And on club level, they could just go to whatever club offers them the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

And your b-league vs. a-league is nonsense, as the teams are never in the same league by default. Women's team is not in your "b-league" because they suck, y'know ? They are olympic champions of 2008 and 2012 and multiple world champions, so women's team by success is a-league. Triple a even, compared to male team.
    They are at the top in the woman's category but if football became gender-mixed they would stand no chance.
    I think even our Dutch youth teams would have no problem winning against woman's team from almost any country.

Not that they don't deserve more money if they make more money.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're at the top, it should not be hard to ask for money I think. Top players are far from expendable.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-03-31 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're at the top, it should not be hard to ask for money I think. Top players are far from expendable.
    Just going by the article that says they generate more revenue.

Deleted
    MLB's salaries attract a lot of almost retired, world wide known players that played in Europe for many years.
    If you're looking at how much they receive in average, the outliers will bring men's pay up and surpassing women's. The random Joe Dandy from some team in MLB shouldn't be paid more than random Jane Dandy from some team in the women's league, but you can't really expect random Jane Dandy to earn the same as a world class player like Lampard or Pirlo.

I didn't know they drew more than men, in which case they should be paid more not equal.

Deleted
    get more audience, get more money. otherwise gtfo with your equal pay crap. same with the tennis ladies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The claim that, "The women bring in more money" seems...curious.

Looking at the actual financials, it's not true at all. Actual numbers from 2014 and 2015 show that the womens events bring in significantly less than the men's events, it's only a curiously large "2016 Projected" value that shows anything about the women bringing in more than the men.

Unless I'm missing something in regards to those financials, I'm struggling to see what that initial claim is based on.
    Hmmm, yeah, it does seem to be based on projections, though it's based on projections made by USSF, which has every incentive in this case to make the women's soccer look like it makes less than the men's, since it's the USSF that the women's soccer team is fighting with over this issue.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    That acteally had nothing to do with what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The claim that, "The women bring in more money" seems...curious.

Looking at the actual financials, it's not true at all. Actual numbers from 2014 and 2015 show that the womens events bring in significantly less than the men's events, it's only a curiously large "2016 Projected" value that shows anything about the women bringing in more than the men.

Unless I'm missing something in regards to those financials, I'm struggling to see what that initial claim is based on.
    So the article is just wrong then? In which case it makes sense that the men are paid more.

10+ Year Old Account
    They pay the players commensurate with their club value.

NWSL is nigh worthless. It has almost no ad revenue, no one watches it.

MLS, conversely, makes a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

It's not Nonsense, in a best of 3 series, the best women's team will not beat the standard men's team. Just like the WNBA champs couldn't beat but maybe, the bottom 5 teams of the men's NBA teams if at all. There is a reason all the sports are seprerated into Men's and Women's leagues and I think most women would admit they can't compete against men in sports

With that sad, I fully support the women's team trying to get paid the best they can and if it's 100% accurate to say the women's team consistenly brings in more revenue than the men's team, they should expect to get paid a lot closer to their men counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Oh? And how many World Cups have the U.S. men's team won since 1997? What's that? NONE?

Now let's count how many the women have won. Oh? You said three? And two other finals appearances?

You're absolutely right. The U.S. men's team is clearly sooooooooooooo much better than the women's. Better at losing!

I give up on you morons for today. I'll look tomorrow at more of your stupid, obviously completely uneducated dribble.
    The mens and the females world cups are clearly not the same tournament. If they were both competing in the same on, you may have a point, but they are not, so you do not. Put the mens team vs the female team in a match and the mens will be racking up a basketball score. This is the same argument they are having in tennis, but for football its more profound. The womens game is just a hanger on to the mens game.