University Investigates Black Woman Confronting White Student Over His Dreadlocks

A video of a young woman at San Francisco State University (SFSU) confronting a white student over “cultural appropriation” is now being investigated by the university.

The university said Tuesday it would look into the video, which has gone semi-viral with over 160,000 views on YouTube since being posted Monday.

“You’re saying I can’t have a hairstyle because it’s your culture? Why?” the student, who is white, says in the video. “Because it’s my culture,” says the San Francisco State student, who is black. “Do you know it was in Egyptian culture? Nah,” the man says. “Are you Egyptian?” the woman shoots back.

The two continue to verbally tussle until the woman appears to block the student from accessing a staircase and escaping the confrontation saying, “Do you know where Egypt is,” repeatedly, in different ways. The woman becomes more physically aggressive as things escalate. The young man, in a last ditch effort to diffuse and escape the situation, says, “Yo girl, stop touching me right now…I don’t need your disrespect,” which the woman then mocks in a deeper tone smirking as the student tries to get away.

The woman than catches wind of the fact that she is being filmed and says, “Why are you filming this?” directly at the camera. Her hand then cuts in front of the camera and the video comes to an abrupt end.

Check out the video for yourself below.

https://youtu.be/jDlQ4H0Kdg8

University police were called to the scene of the confrontation. “San Francisco State University promotes the rights of the campus community to engage in free speech, but does not condone behavior that impedes the safety or well-being of others,” SFSU officials said in a statement.

Although the title of the video posted on YouTube says the woman is an employee, the school’s statement denies that either the man or the woman involved in the dispute is an employee of the school.

http://lawnewz.com/crazy/university-...er-dreadlocks/

so blacks shouldn't be allowed to straighten their hair because it is appropriating a culture not their own?

This is what they are teaching kids in liberal academia now days that anything and everything can and will be twisted as being racist
    Tax payers funding needs to start being pulled from these universities till that just stop with the teaching of this race baiting propaganda

10+ Year Old Account
    Already a thread on this. Bit late amigo.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1971037-SJW-s-have-gone-too-far/page14

here ya go.

The amount of appropriation she does by existing in a western nation far outweighs some dreadlocks(as if blacks can even claim the invention of a hairstyle). Pretty hilarious stuff.
    Working on my next ban.

Kinda hamstringing your own agenda here Vyxn. Your meant to be pushing the narrative that universities are going to shit "coz liberals" when this latest report says that the University itself is now condemning what happened and is investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by San Francisco State University
    San Francisco State University promotes the rights of the campus community to engage in free speech, but does not condone behavior that impedes the safety or well-being of others

10+ Year Old Account
    As potentially serious as it is, I can't stop my mind from going here...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need additional threads on this topic. Locking this here.