7+ Year Old Account

Guardian: Thrash & Swipe in Legion.

Something I'm having trouble clarifying.

So Thrash is now the Lacerate generator? Assuming it works much the same way as Live has Thrash dealing out the Thrash bleed effect.
    With this being a spammable AoE (as it is now) while applying bleeds, what is the role for Swipe? Does it hit harder or offer an advantage over spamming Thrash?

With all the pruning, I'm having trouble figuring out why we'd have 2 similar abilities like this where one could be easily rolled over into the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrash isn't spammable in Legion; it has a 6 second cooldown. Swipe is there in case you need AoE while Thrash is on cooldown.

Deleted
    Thrash as is said has a 6 second CD, which causes problems with talents that need it to be stacked since it takes a while. Devs promised to address it but we'll see.

Swipe is your filler, its also AoE to address the fact that you have no AoE every 6 seconds.

Rotation is essentially: Mangle>Moonfire DoT up>Thrash>Swipe.

Thrash does more impact damage than swipe and does a DoT so it is high in priority. Makes the rotation a bit different to what it is now, where our filler now gives bleed stacks... making it basically less routine and more hectic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, thanks for the heads up. For some reason, Wowhead has not included the cd.

This makes a lil more sense to have swipe included for that reason, but bloody awful for the Pulverise talent, and rotation compared to live Lacerate/Trash. I guess an AoE Lacerate without CD would be OP, but on the same hand, pretty horrible having the CD for the above reasons.

As with a lot of things for class design, live is sounding better than the incoming changes.

Much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Ahh, thanks for the heads up. For some reason, Wowhead has not included the cd.
    If you're looking at the one in the Wowhead talent calculator, that's not the "real" Thrash. Thrash is split into two spells, the bear version and the cat version. Those spell IDs include the relevant costs, cooldowns, damage formulas, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking at. Just now looked at the separate page with comments clarifying each one.
    Facepalm @ 15 rage cost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking at. Just now looked at the separate page with comments clarifying each one.
    Facepalm @ 15 rage cost?
    Oh, the rage cost comes from a PvP talent--the database has to show it, but it won't be active unless you have the talent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, thank F for that! It was looking ridiculous if that had been the case in PvE

Thanks again ♥