Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New restaurants in my town

So there's this new restaurant in my town called the moon. The food is great but the atmosphere is nonexistant.

What cool restaurants do you guys have in your towns?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Honest Abe's burgers and freedom.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

There's an Americana themed smokehouse/bbq place that just opened up last summer, it's very meat centric of course which is great but a little too pricy for my saving for important things(tm) budget. Atmosphere seems cool and they even modified the front of the building so it can lift upwards forming an awning so half the restaurant can eat outdoors during good weather. It's right down the street from 2 beaches so in the summer you can swim and sun and then walk down and grab some brisket on the patio.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So there's this new restaurant in my town called the moon. The food is great but the atmosphere is nonexistant.

I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I see what you did there.
    lol good catch... very good

Theres this Italian restaurant near me, it has the best pizzas just loaded with toppings. Everything else there is the worst italian food you will ever taste.

Adolf's Kosher Brick Oven Pizza

Deleted
    There's this great steak restaurant nearby, but I only go there rarely

where the hell is "the moon"

here in columbus, i goto harvest moon in clintonville/german village, it is excellent. as is the crest, wolfs ridge, harvest in canal.

honestly most food here in columbus is top notch i've found.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have a couple of really cool restaurants that opened recently.

One of them is Kontrast and its an experience. The menu is new everyday based on what ingridients they have at hand. It is also heavely season based due to this. I try to go every month or every other month to taste different things.

The food is scandinavian gastro bistro(and delicious), the staff is knowledgeable, the wine menu is great and the venue is sleek and industrial.

We also have one of the best nordic restaurants Maaemo. Which is a similar vein as Kontrast. Good Norwegian ingridients with a fine dining touch. Every time I have been there the food has been top notch. They really nail a multi flavored experience where each bite you take tells a story while you taste yourself through the dish.

Besides finer dining we have a lot of good Burger and Pizza joints in Oslo. Pizza de Mimmo, Tranen, postkontoret all delivers a really good and flavor rich pizza.

Burger places we have restaurant variants like Kverneriet which delivers a more high class burger, or you have burger joints like Illegal Burger and Munchies that are more just a burger and beer places.

Lately I have been favoring a newly opened small hole in the wall that really cant be called restaurant(no seating). Its just called Banh Mi. And it is just exactly that. A place that serves Banh Mi. Its probably the best Banh Mi ive had since I was in Vietnam 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post

here in columbus, i goto harvest moon in clintonville/german village, it is excellent. as is the crest, wolfs ridge, harvest in canal.

I have to agree, however I have only been to The Crest and Wolfs Ridge. I would also add Thurman's and Schmidt's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Adolf's Kosher Brick Oven Pizza
    heheheehehehe. I see what you did there.

As for me, Witches Brew coffee house. Its goth looking, and the food is great. Also the drinks are to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I have to agree, however I have only been to The Crest and Wolfs Ridge. I would also add Thurman's and Schmidt's.
    absolutely, i love thurman's and schmidt's. tip top is great, but their staff is less than thrilled you are paying them, which always irritates me so im usually inclined not to go there. I live near bexley so we goto Zoe cafe a lot, that place is excellent though they have a small menu, and service is excellent. also in bexley, the italian restaurant giuseppe's ritrovo is amazing. owner is from italy and it is family run so that helps a lot.

what i enjoy about columbus cuisine is that it is very affordable for the quality, the competition is so high in town.

now another great ohio venue, though in dayton, is the oakwood club. incredible aged beef. you'll spend a lot but it's worth it.

Plenty of good, affordable places here in Arnhem, the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Honest Abe's burgers and freedom.
    That place is fucking amazing! I did some work for them at both locations.

Deleted
    So few people got the joke

Come on guys and girls, wake up

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    That place is fucking amazing! I did some work for them at both locations.
    So good, and now it's warm enough to just ridemy bike there.

Best buger joint NA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    So few people got the joke

Come on guys and girls, wake up
    Oh we woke....AF.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account

lol well played

edit: excellent example of people not reading OP

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post

Well, right now, the moon is about 238,855miles above the north eastern part of Australia.

10+ Year Old Account

what Witches Brew normally looks like.