Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy to control fatman whose nothing but talk... or potentially allowing several nato bases near their boarder.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, without Chinese support, there definitely will be the biggest starvation since 90-s, which probably will end up with the fall of the regime. The real question is how it will fall. Maybe there will be some kind of internal revolution, which is bad, since it would be followed by millions refugees and possibly civil war. The alternative is worse though, it is Kim launching a desperate suicidal attack on South Korea - the number of casualties, from both sides, would be unspeakable.

North Korea was doomed from the start, and I am surprised it took so long for it to come to its end. But the end seems to finally be coming.
    You might be putting too much into what could be dismissed as senseless shit talking for North Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    You might be putting too much into what could be dismissed as senseless shit talking for North Korea.
    This senseless shit might cost them a lot though. Many world conflicts started just after a few careless words.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

North Korea will remain North Korea. But the Chinese might pull some internal strings, prop up a general or two and "reform" the internal political stage of North Korea.

Time has come for new more reasonable and obedient puppet.

I'm not exactly sure what Piggy is trying to achieve here, the Chinese have been losing patience with him for a while now.

Really the firs sign for me was when the Chinese censors allowed this little video to go viral in China.

This is just more propaganda. China will just buy more coal from n.korea since china was able to keep that and iron out of that agreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Alright well now that China has been dumped can we actually do something about NK other than sanction after sanction? Getting real tired of their empty threats. Like a gnat flying in your face and ears.

"Doing something" about North Korea... wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just give terrorists nukes and (more) chemical weapons and surface to air missiles directly, instead of going through all the "wrecking East Asia" intermediary steps?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

We could always send social justice warriors into North Korea and they can fight the oppression.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Is Kim Jong Un the AI in Civ V?

Consul Kim Jong Un: Oh great now the vermin are breeding...

Can't we just pretend there is oil there??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Can't we just pretend there is oil there??
    They've eaten it by now.

North Korea rattles its little saber all the time.

Small dog, big bark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this was an unexpected turn of events.

What do you do when you're on the brink of a serious famine? Piss off your only ally!

Really I didn't think NK could get any more suicidal. If we weren't sure they would unload all their missiles on Seoul the second someone attacked them, we would have been finished with this crap years ago.

"I'm trying to warn everybody and nobody takes me cereal!" *cries* "I want someone to take me cereal just for once..."

I take you cereal, Kim. I take you super cereal.

10+ Year Old Account
    he isn't threatening them with a nuclear storm "All Party members and workers must join in soundly crushing China’s pressuring schemes with the force of a nuclear storm" unless of course all the party members and workers have nuclear weapons. reading comprehension.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    he isn't threatening them with a nuclear storm "All Party members and workers must join in soundly crushing China’s pressuring schemes with the force of a nuclear storm" unless of course all the party members and workers have nuclear weapons. reading comprehension.
    Sounds like he's asking them to stand with him in solidarity when he does to me, not that they all have nuclear weapons. But, you know, being able to read the actual meaning of sentences, not just saying words like reading comprehension.

"We must no longer be easy on the chinese"
    It seems weird it's not dated by the juche calendar though.

Deleted
    Standard NK attempt at shaking down the rich folk for aid. Nothing to see here. Its getting boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's the only way it could end without major trouble.

just hopefully it would be a more moderate leader that's willing to work with the world since their whole way of governing thus far has completely failed.
    i don't know i find the idea of executing people who step out of line refreshing. it's one way to instill order and maintain the rule of law.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Alright well now that China has been dumped can we actually do something about NK other than sanction after sanction? Getting real tired of their empty threats. Like a gnat flying in your face and ears.
    You ever seen that bully defend his primary target against others? "You can't hit him, he's my punching bag!"

I'm guessing it's kinda like this. It's ultimately a chinese problem and they'll deal with it. I'd stay out of it. Any attempt to influence the situation would be considered an invasion of Chinese interests and sphere of influence. Nobody really gives a shit about what NK says, China least of all, because they know them much better than we do.

The good news is that China is more likely to slap them back into place for us, without us having to do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i don't know i find the idea of executing people who step out of line refreshing. it's one way to instill order and maintain the rule of law.
    Yeah, this only works so far, really. No country in the history of mankind survived the desperate "execute them until they love us again" straw clutching...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.