Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No I am not. I bust my ass
    That's the attitude I call AQUIM. A-kweem. Already Quit Until I'm Fired.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Raises is specified in the contract, however promotion is still base on merit (for the most part) and not automatic.
    Yeah, but he'll never take a promotion since most times that means going non-union.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, but he'll never take a promotion since most times that means going non-union.
    Or a promotion moves you into another craft and you lose the seniority you have in the current job.

It's extremely common where I work. Guys have been Conductors for decades, but if they went through the training and became Engineers they would be the same as New Hires on the Engineer Seniority Roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The worst thing about unions is how they protect shit bags who show up late, drag their feet all day, call off once a week, and screw off while they are work. Then others see people screwing off and getting away with it so everyone starts dragging their feet (if he isnt working hard and doesnt get fired, why should I work hard either), and for those who do a GOOD job, they are unable to be awarded a raise for excellent work because raises are specified in the contract and everyone gets one whether they deserve it or not. They promote mediocrity
    You quoted me with a response that has nothing to do with what I said and in reality would only happen in the worst of the worst of the worst situations.....

Sorry, but in general practice, unions do not operate in the fashion you are describing as that works against their own best interests. If the company goes under or dies, they go down with the ship so it is in their best interests to make sure the company is profitable as well.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Sorry, but in general practice, unions do not operate in the fashion you are describing as that works against their own best interests. If the company goes under or dies, they go down with the ship so it is in their best interests to make sure the company is profitable as well.
    I used to work for a telcom (not sure if I can say names) that was sold to another company that was apparently a novice to the industry. And we were union. And the company was making one bad decision after another, and was told by the union that they were doing it all wrong. The crowning achievement in incompetent management policy had "Business Insider" among other periodicals lambasting the company's judgment. The union tried. (We tried), Hard to fight the company's stupidity for the sole fact that we were simply trying to protect our jobs.
    After one quarter posted a $900 million loss we gave up, and so did the company.
    To this day I have never had the misfortune of working for such an bungling, incompetent, business entity.