Light side is tempting

This is weird, I chose a Warlock, because it's evil. Now, I've found that the dark side sucks in this game, I wanna be good or neutral. This is confusing. In other RPGs, dark side is superior and much stronger. I'm starting to think that Blizz is full of angels... or they're devil in disguise to not make us play us Warlocks. Delete the class and be the only evil themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    I chose a Warlock, because it's evil.
    good and evil its just a matter of perspective. warlocks can be good. it all goes how u perceive it.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    good and evil its just a matter of perspective. warlocks can be good. it all goes how u perceive it.
    How many good Warlocks have you known? I don't mean the players, I mean NPCs.

Deleted
    Try to edit your main post so its obvious that you are talking about NPC's.

OT: in the end the "light" side usually wins.

But well most bosses are "dark"side kinda figures and pretty strong, or do you want a strong warlock faction leader of some sorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Try to edit your main post so its obvious that you are talking about NPC's.

OT: in the end the "light" side usually wins.

But well most bosses are "dark"side kinda figures and pretty strong, or do you want a strong warlock faction leader of some sorts?
    But isn't that obvious? I think Warlock players aren't more evil than the other class players. If being asshole or selfish means being evil, then DKs or Paladins would be more evil than Lock players.

I want Warlock as a class to be good.

Actually as far as i know due to the nature of fell magic being inherently courptng it is VERRRRY difficult for a warlock to stay good.

Deleted
    But isn't that obvious? I think Warlock players aren't more evil than the other class players. If being asshole or selfish means being evil, then DKs or Paladins would be more evil than Lock players.

I want Warlock as a class to be good.
    Well, warlocks enslave and sacrifice sentient beings for their own benefit. They also trap and use other people's souls in order to use fel magic without getting corrupted themselves. Can't really see any other class being even close to the level of 'evil' warlocks are doing.

That being said, the player warlocks in lore have noble goals, but they use any means necessary to achieve them.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    well the black harvest are sorta mostly good

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk DKs are dark and their pretty damn OP.

Generally, the point of evil in games is that it's difficult to control or comes at a great cost.

In Dragon Age the Blood Mage specialization requires some kind of sacrifice or shady bargain to obtain. In exchange, the player gains immense power but the spells themselves end up costing health which can be fatal to the caster or to a party member:
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Mage_(Origins)

In WoW this is conveyed through abilities such as Life Tap or the old Death Pact which killed off the ghoul pet. It could also be said that the Warlock pets' disobedient banter is part of that general idea - it IS demonic slavery, after all.

WoW's take on the fantasy is that both light and darkness balance each other out. If you are thinking of going back and forth between the two of them, you could always try out the Priest class

Warlock NPC's are good for certain values of good they are all pretty much self serving power hungry people but they try to use the power they gain to increase the power of their faction or to deny more power to other factions. Truthfully WoW does not have black and white morality all factions are self serving and only interested in their own gain whether they are player factions or NPC factions or even Raid\Dungeon factions.

Warlocks and death knights are attractive because they seem evil, until you find out you can't actually be evil in this game. You can think you're a demon summoning conniving brooding bastard, or a cold fucker who uses rotting corpses and only cares about himself, but you still have to be a hero in every quest, dungeon and raid. There are very few quests that are morally gray, or give you the option to make a morally gray decision, but even then it doesn't have any consequences whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Warlocks and death knights are attractive because they seem evil, until you find out you can't actually be evil in this game. You can think you're a demon summoning conniving brooding bastard, or a cold fucker who uses rotting corpses and only cares about himself, but you still have to be a hero in every quest, dungeon and raid. There are very few quests that are morally gray, or give you the option to make a morally gray decision, but even then it doesn't have any consequences whatsoever.
    When you put it like that, I think we need alignments in this game or in WoW 2. If will it come.

It would be nice to see Blizzard put a twist on quest rewards like the one from Escape From the Lost City. That quest is a good example of how to build a foundation for choice & consequence in WoW because there is an element of tradeoff in choosing gold VS rep.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28112/e...-the-lost-city

As for moral ambiguity or consequence, it could always be conveyed by adding a little more detail in the writing: Where does that gold reward come from? Would accepting the reputation reward cause one to make enemies? So on...

It could be a way to expand on the darker side of class fantasy which has been present in the game but somewhat neglected.