[Suggestion] Swords Hemo Option for Sub in Legion

Copy pasting this from official forums, hope you guys like:

Swords (and maces) hemo was a build that I really loved way back in TBC, and always missed since. It traded the front loaded damage of Backstab for very fast combo point building with a cheap Hemorrhage and higher focus on finishers.

Since only Combat really makes use of Swords/Axes/Maces/Fists right now, this build option would be a way to make these weapons more useful for Rogues overall.

On live our Sinister Calling passive causes Backstab/Ambush multistrikes to instantly add a tick of Rupture damage. This will be gone in Legion as multistrike is removed.

This is how it could work:

When you have a sword/axe/mace/fist in your mainhand, your Backstab is replaced with Sinister Strike (removed/replaced in Outlaw spec).

Sinister Strike is a low damage and low energy attack (~150% weapon damage with ~25 energy cost) that instantly procs a tick of your Nightblade dot on the target.

The gameplay then revolves around fast combo point building and spending. While also refreshing your Nightblade dot often. You loose some front loaded damage from not having Backstab, but in return can use Eviscerate much more often.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

That might be a little hard to implement, seeing as our artefact is a pair of daggers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roncero View Post
    That might be a little hard to implement, seeing as our artefact is a pair of daggers.
    My thoughts aswell.. but it could be added as a talent?:

Sinister Calling:
    Your attacks with Backstab and Gloomblade have their cost and damage reduced by 30%, but every hit always triggers a tick of your Nightblade debuff on the target and extents its duration by 1 second.

Maybe have it replace alacrity ?
    Alacrity
    Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to grant 1% Haste for 20 sec, stacking up to 25 times.

I loved Sword Hemo back in the day. And I think this whole artefact thingy - which atm I'm still quite sceptical of - should be the last thing to affect how specs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Roncero View Post
    That is true.. and not holding my breath they'll let us use anything other than dagger for the rest of the expansion..

The way Shade suggested could be a good work around though, introducing the gameplay option while still only using daggers. Then maybe when its time to throw the artifacts in the dumpster where they belong, they could implement a passive to provide the same effect while wielding a sword/axe/mace/fist.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2016-04-02 at 12:33 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Isn't Hemo becoming a Assassination only ability?

guy the weapon restrictions for rogue-warrior on the specs piss me off.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account

Hemo now, is not the same ability as it was 6 years ago and isn't even in the same spec.
    Assassination uses daggers - it has to use daggers. The artifacts are daggers, as a pair.
    This is the same for all three specs.
    Abilities are exclusive to their respective specs, this was a design goal for legion.

Please stop with the half brain ideas and read the alpha patch notes, this sort of nonsensical feedback isn't helpful, Sub or Assas will never use a Sword/Axe/Mace ever again.