Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, in some cultures, women are looked at like pack donkeys. Service animals if you want to use the correct term I guess.
    Helping others is not that common in wester culture either. The world is filled with douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    And thats the other.

7 grown men, but somehow the woman is carrying all the kids and gets no shoes.

Mull that one over.
    Stop, you're being culturally intolerant. Embrace diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    Hey, you can't say that. All cultures are equal according to the talking heads in the telly.
    That's racist. Their culture is better than ours in every way.

I mean, yesterday I saw a man sitting on the bus with his legs spread taking up more than 1 seat. The patriarchy IS real.
    Last edited by dd614; 2016-04-02 at 02:38 PM.

i cant be sure from the picture but if those children are female isn't there Islamic law banning men who are not there fathers/brothers interacting with them?

That woman has seen some shit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What's wrong with the picture is they are leaving their country to come to mine.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Mull what over, we know nothing about her, the children, or the men in the photo. They could just be traveling together but could be very distrustful of one another, and the women could of stubbornly refused their help. You're asking people to draw a conclusion with no context. This can be done with virtually any photo and people would draw the wrong conclusion.
    Yay, a non-idiot.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Mull what over, we know nothing about her, the children, or the men in the photo. They could just be traveling together but could be very distrustful of one another, and the women could of stubbornly refused their help. You're asking people to draw a conclusion with no context. This can be done with virtually any photo and people would draw the wrong conclusion.
    true point, we don't know is she knows or trusts them. imagine you fleeing a war torn country alone with your kids, you end up with a group of men you don't know, are you really going to trust them enough to let them carry your kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    i cant be sure from the picture but if those children are female isn't there Islamic law banning men who are not there fathers/brothers interacting with them?
    Wouldn't that be convenient? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    Yay, a non-idiot.
    THE IDIOT LEVEL IS TO DAMN HIGH!

lol sorry couldn't resist, love the avatar

Deleted
    Wait what? I was sure this photo would prove that all muslims are inferior to the mighty muricans.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2016-04-02 at 02:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Forget about how she is treated, focus on Western rape culture. Narrative > Truth
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-04-02 at 02:43 PM.

And thats the other.

7 grown men, but somehow the woman is carrying all the kids and gets no shoes.

Mull that one over.
    It is nothing to "mull over." The region's total disrespect and poor treatment of women is well noted and documented. The surprise is how many people from the western world will just jump at the chance to defend these people in order to seem "tolerant..."

I am sorry (ok, I am not really sorry since it is your choice).

Until the Mid-East changes its stripes and respects women as equals, I will not respect the men from that region or treat them as equals. If you need to disrespect women, you are not my equal- you are a pathetic joke.......

Nobody knows what really happened on the photo or before. Perhaps she just took off her shoes because they stung her. Perhaps she has a wound from walking and walinkg barefoot brings some relieve to the pain. Perhaps she likes going barefoot in the rain. Perhaps she doesn't know a single one of the males. Perhaps the father was carrying the children before but now they want to be with mommy.

Without any backstory nobody can tell if there is something "wrong" in the picture. You can just make assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, she has 3 kids on her, and you can tell it's too much to carry with no shoes. The men don't give any shits

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't give two fucks about gender roles or social acceptability or anything else...

...but as a healthy, physically strong male, I would be absolutely mortified at myself if I let my wife endure a burden like that without helping.
    but how do we know that she is the wife of one of them

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Close. One has no shoes, not "some". That is one thing.
    And the white guy in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Nobody knows what really happened on the photo or before. Perhaps she just took off her shoes because they stung her. Perhaps she has a wound from walking and walinkg barefoot brings some relieve to the pain. Perhaps she likes going barefoot in the rain. Perhaps she doesn't know a single one of the males. Perhaps the father was carrying the children before but now they want to be with mommy.

Without any backstory nobody can tell if there is something "wrong" in the picture. You can just make assumptions.
    But without making baseless assumptions, how can we prove the patriarchy and abuse of women and protect our feelings while at the same time giving away our culture and countries?
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

true point, we don't know is she knows or trusts them. imagine you fleeing a war torn country alone with your kids, you end up with a group of men you don't know, are you really going to trust them enough to let them carry your kids?
    From my portion of my country? Yes. If we were forced to flee for some reason, I would place a significant amount of trust in a relatively randomly selected band of people moving together. Teamwork and community is important and in stressful situations bonds can form quickly, especially among people from high-trust societies.

I don't particularly expect that to extend to everyone though.

but how do we know that she is the wife of one of them
    Does that matter? If I saw a women struggling with three kids and no shoes, I would give her my shoes and carry the children for her.... What is going on with the "men" in the world, today? It is pathetic. Keep apologizing for these clowns, what a joke.

Deleted
    I don't see anything that couldn't be explained reasonably... Why did you post this?

No shoes = bad pictures and skin colored shoes
    3 kids with woman = The men and women/kids are not related, heck the father could be taking the picture...