Most effective way to spend Valor?

First time ring user here. I will be getting the 735 ring on Tuesday and I was wondering if spending all of my valor to upgrade it over the next 4 weeks to 795 is the best way to spend my point. I will be getting a lot of gear that I won't be able to upgrade in the process. Is the trade off worth letting gear sit for one month?

You'll never replace the ring, but you'll potentially replace the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would hold off using all your Valor on the ring.

If a Mythic piece of gear is BiS, I would upgrade that. After your raid week is over, I would then spend the left over Valor on Ring upgrades.

You'll get more immediate bang-for-your-buck upgrading another piece by 5 item levels for 250 than the ring by 3 for 1250, but you'll use the ring longer (potentially leveling with it in Legion). Judgment call either way.

- - - Updated - - -

If you get a drop you'll use for a while, I'd go ahead and boost it instead. It won't set you back by much, and you'll still have the ring maxed before Legion.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Also, don't forget 1 free upgrade (ring) weekly from archi kill.

Does the proc damage on the ring increase with each ilvl increase? If so, are 3 ilvls on the ring greater than 5-10 ilvls on a bis piece?

Yes to the first question, no to the second.