Places to buy PS2orPS3/Games

So, I went out to the garage to grab my PS2 and some games only to realize my brother stole them and sold them. I went to some local game stores which didn't have much..does anyone know where I can buy a PS2 or 3 at a reasonable price (preferably new but would be open to used)? I know amazon and ebay are the go-to's but I know there's businesses/websites out there that specialize in old gaming stuff and you never REALLY know the quality of the stuff you're buying on ebay/amazon from sellers..I just don't know where to look. Trying to buy Breath of Fire 3 & 4 as well since he sold them but they seem to be pretty rare. Any advice would be great, thank you.

Also: the guy at the local game store told me PS3's will play PS1 games..is this true?
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2016-04-03 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PS3 backward compatibility varies depending on the model so you'd have to check before buying one. As for PS2s, last time I bought one was from one of those pawn shops like Cash Converter that drug addicts use to sell stolen electronics, only cost about £10/$15 and was as-new (box, packaging, all components etc). That was quite a few years ago though so not sure if they'd still bother stocking them, might have some PS3s though.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ebay is a good place to buy older games.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

amazon and play n trade
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Some Gamestop locations still have PS2 games, but that's getting a lot more rare these days. I think Gamestop is no longer buying/trading for PS2 stuff, and all they're doing with it now is trying to sell off what they have. The closest Gamestop to me still has one small bin with PS2 games in it, but that bin is getting smaller every time (mostly all that's left now are those shitty sports games that nobody wants).

PS3 games...you can definitely still find at Gamestop. The above mentioned Gamestop in my area still has about half a wall of PS3 titles.

I've also had a couple of those "retro gaming" stores pop up in my area. These are just individually owned and aren't part of any kind of big chain like Gamestop, but the one closest to me will buy/trade and has a decent inventory of everything from Atari 2600 stuff to PS3/XBox 360 stuff. Whether you have access to one of those or not depends on where you live I guess, but I've seen at least 3 different ones here.

Personally, I don't have any problems with something like eBay. You're fine as long as you make sure the seller has good feedback. eBay is usually my main place to find older games when I want them.

iirc, most PS1 games will play on a PS3, but only certain models of PS3s are backwards compatible with PS2 games, and even then, it's only a small portion of PS2 games. I was actually kind of pissed when I bought a PS3 thinking they were backwards compatible, only to get "HAHAHA FUCK U LOLOLOL" when I tried to play a PS2 game on it, then I read the fine print and found out that only the older-generation PS3s with the 60GB hard drive could do it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-04 at 05:52 AM.

Thanks for feedback, as I've researched more it sounds like you can actually DOWNLOAD some of the old PS1/2 titles onto your playstation 3 or 4 from the playstation website by purchasing them there. (Also reading that I could buy a PS TV *which is Way less expensive* and do this as well?). Does this mean I could just buy a PS3/4 or TV and then purchase them digitally on the website and they'll be available to play on my console without having to buy the physical disc?? I'm so confused.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2016-04-04 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Thanks for feedback, as I've researched more it sounds like you can actually DOWNLOAD some of the old PS1/2 titles onto your playstation 3 or 4 from the playstation website by purchasing them there. (Also reading that I could buy a PS TV *which is Way less expensive* and do this as well?). Does this mean I could just buy a PS3/4 or TV and then purchase them digitally on the website and they'll be available to play on my console without having to buy the physical disc?? I'm so confused.
    PSTV can play digital PS1/PSP/PSVita games, and physical PSVita games. It can not play PS2 games at all. It can play certain PS3 games through the streaming service PSNow but that has hefty subscription fee for playing games with a massive amount of input lag.

PS3 can play digital PS1 and PS2 games as well as physical PS1 games.

PS4 can play atm a VERY SMALL library of PS2 games digitally, can not yet play PS1 games at all and also has the above mentioned PS Now service.