Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink What if you could be the BOSS?

Yeah, I know of lots of reasons they couldn't really do this, the most obvious of which is players rigging it for easy boss kills. But let's just say you stopped by Blizz HQ one day and they offered you the opportunity to log in as one of the raid or dungeon bosses, or maybe even a world boss, so you could try your hand at using their abilities to the max to really give players a good workout. Which would you pick? For maximum fun and mayhem? What evil strats would you construe that players weren't expecting?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    That would be like getting kazzak kited to SW. Mayhem!

Deleted
    Having to obey aggro rules would make it pretty boring. and obviously if you didn't have to obey aggro rules it would be over in 10 seconds.

I'd be unkillable as a raid boss, as I'd target instakill mechanics at healers first (villain like laugh) oh and I'd be a dragon, a big, mad dragon.

I would be immune to taunt and kill healers first.

Deleted
    Archimonde (the one from mount hyjal), instant finger of death to the entire raid. He used to do it if you kited him too far out of range. ZAP everybody dead.

Just be one of the bosses with a instant kill mechanic, or a boss that I can link up abilities for pretty much 100% death. Except using my skills when "ready" I would just save them up, and use them all one after another. If you did not have to obey aggro rules, just go and hit the healers and easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Having to obey aggro rules would make it pretty boring. and obviously if you didn't have to obey aggro rules it would be over in 10 seconds.
    I would presume that in this, fictional, scenario, you wouldn't be able to understand which players are healers and which are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would start by casting my enrage timer, if i can not do that, then i would go after healers.....and avoid casting anything that helps the raiders kill me(it is so amazing that some bosses do this...i would never!) saving up abilities then spamming em seems a good idea
    (Do that first set of cd's, then second, and trick em on third set by only using one, when raid cd's are all used, then use rest of em...

Sounds like a fun idea, maybe blizz could do this as a gimmick mode, no rewards just for shits n grins
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I would presume that in this, fictional, scenario, you wouldn't be able to understand which players are healers and which are not.
    Tbh, doesnt matter...hit enough random targets all the dps would be dead anyway, eventually you would work your way to a healer(and healers have positining, see something run into melee drop a totem n run back out, and not notice light ing bolts comin towards your face, most likely a rshama
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-04-04 at 11:51 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have increased threat generation from dps - forcing them to relive the glory days and actually manage their aggro.

I would also have a one hit kill get out of fire and a one hit kill don't move
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    That sounds extremely fun and funny. You are right about the balancing issues and the rigging. I think that the abilities might be too OP to be used randomly (which is why raid bosses have solid timers) so they would have to restrict them VERY narrowly (think of 40second cooldowns and only 4 abilities and each one of them triggering a 10second Gcooldown and possibly being forced to use a next Cooldown on the next timer is up etc) which might make boss-playing quite boring.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-04-05 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This wouldn't work in WoW because of how the class mechanics are. If you're the boss, you'll have the intelligence to ignore the tanks and wipe out all the healers ASAP.

There are MMOs in which this could work though, MMOs like Wildstar and maybe GW2. Where players can use active dodge/escape mitigation instead of relying on their armor, HP and def abilities to do it.

Edit: I just thought of a way that it might be possible for WoW. Like making healers take 60% less damage until 2 tanks (can't make it ALL tanks because then people will cheat the system by bringing in 10 tanks) are killed for instance. It would require A LOT of balancing passes though, and I just don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-04-05 at 08:32 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

A very simple thing: use the ability called Chaos Incarnate, which replaces all class abilities of every player with some other random class abilities, for the whole course of a fight. Then I just sit there and try not to die out of laugh
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

BWL Nef. Spam healer class calls and wipe everyone.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I'd try my darndest to start a new plague that'd spread and kill players and npcs alike!!! MUHAHAHA!
    As for my physical in-game form, I'd be Nozdormu from End Time!! I'd fly around being pretty and look down upon all the death and destruction with glee! The people not dead from my plague would be bombarded with bombs of magic to the face!

I would love to be a boss with the ability to summon a lot of adds. I could see something being implemented like a 10 second GCD cap so you can't spam all your abilities. I would cancel cast an ability just to throw the raid off their game. I think it could be a lot of fun. If it was something like Evolve, it could be amazing.

This could be fun.
    For the tanking dilemma you could just have it so that when taunted, the only mob (player) you can target is that tank. After the taunt wears off, you can then target other players. Put in some kind of DR so that you can't just be spam-taunted, but leave enough room so that tanks do have to be sharp on taunts or you can start punching some other players.
    You could also have it so everyone else simply appears as wisp or ghost so that you can't single out any particular role or class. You would still get to control ground AoE's, add summons, debuff targets, etc, you just can't single out the healers.

Sounds like it could be fun, issue is, if it's too fun, everyone would want to queue up to be the boss, and 1 vs 20-40 would make for long queue times. If there's no reason/incentive to queue (either as the raid or as the boss) then it would eventually dry up and no one would ever get to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could also do something like a Council fight where a team of 5 queues up and each has a different set of abilities. 5 vs 20, whoever wins gets the loot/reward and you have to re-queue?

Kromog. Id do my pillars and hands at the same time xD

I think I'd like to be C'Thun. I'd take up residence in some mid-Vanilla zone, be non-interactive with anyone over L60 or under 61+ assistance (heals, buffs). Not much more than that, really. Maybe I'd have 2 selves sharing a health pool, one outside Org and one outside SW. Just to see what would happen.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Kromog. Id do my pillars and hands at the same time xD
    You couldn't because both are channeling spells.