Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Want to start Herbalism but unsure about Legion revamp

Hello, as the title says I really want to start Herbalism but I know there is a big revamp coming up. What would happen if I just leveled Herbalism now until Legion? Would I be wasting a lot of time on an old, perhaps less fun system, when I could just wait and level it up in the next xpac with a whole new system?

Thanks.

You can level it up in legion (just like you could in wod) - but from 0-700 I think you will only collect herb scraps which means it will take some time to collect reasonable amounts of herbs. Herbalism is very easy to level now... you can do it from a garrison with a herb garden or fly and pick herbs in areas with a lot of herbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irdsyd View Post
    You can level it up in legion (just like you could in wod) - but from 0-700 I think you will only collect herb scraps which means it will take some time to collect reasonable amounts of herbs. Herbalism is very easy to level now... you can do it from a garrison with a herb garden or fly and pick herbs in areas with a lot of herbs.
    I've actually never leveled it before. I've played WoW since 2006 but I never tried it. Now I really want to. So do the changes only affect legion herbs or is it all of herbalism? Would I really be loosing out on a new "funner/more interesting" herbalism experience if I just leveled it now before the changes?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, level it now through Garrison. You have enough time to do so. You will also gather draenic seeds to unlock unique mogs. The Legion Herbalism content with start at 700 profession skill (which is max now) .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No, level it now through Garrison. You have enough time to do so. You will also gather draenic seeds to unlock unique mogs. The Legion Herbalism content with start at 700 profession skill (which is max now) .
    Oh, so the new herbalism ranks and all the new stuff don't actually apply to anything but 700+?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Herbalism revamp in Legion... Huh?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Oh, so the new herbalism ranks and all the new stuff don't actually apply to anything but 700+?
    YES, Legion only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Herbalism revamp in Legion... Huh?
    L2read MMO-C news, Wowhead news etc. If not, l2search those.

YES, Legion only.

- - - Updated - - -

L2read MMO-C news, Wowhead news etc. If not, l2search those.
    Dude wakes up every morning and has to hit mmo champ rofl. L2 go outside.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Dude wakes up every morning and has to hit mmo champ rofl. L2 go outside.
    I am lucky to be able to do so. You?

I am lucky to be able to do so. You?
    I don't know what's more sad, you actually doing it or that you feel "lucky to be able so"

OP if you're still lvling herb do it the old fashioned way! The garrison way is easy but super boring, plus you can x realm onto a pvp server and kill people while herbing/sight seeing. The scraps of stuff drive me nuts when you're low lvl herb/mine in WoD.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I don't know what's more sad, you actually doing it or that you feel "lucky to be able so"
    You assuming i don't go outside AND being able to check MMO-C on a daily basis is sad. Means your pitiful brain is locked into the pattern "MMO-C frequent readers=no lifers self locked in their mummy's basement"

Deleted
    Well i`m well prepared still have 2 herb toons and 2 miners
    Anyway leveling up to 700 would be easy atm on Alpha atleast i do not get fragments by minning nodes in Legion theritories havent check herb yet

Deleted
    There is no "fun" in the new ways, if you would do 1-700 in WoD, its just repetitive and boring. Do it old style, and at least you will get to experience the world.

Blizzard should have never implemented these retarded catch-up systems since they already removed the perks that professions used to give.

Ya I really wish they brought back the perks, like wasn't mining extra def stats? and i think skinning was crit, herb haste? lol I leveled skinning on my mage just for the crit chance haha

You assuming i don't go outside AND being able to check MMO-C on a daily basis is sad. Means your pitiful brain is locked into the pattern "MMO-C frequent readers=no lifers self locked in their mummy's basement"
    You kind of asked being erroneously labeled an MMOC no lifer by first responding to his post with a stereotypical antagonistic l2read response that is akin to the level of intelligible responses most often given by players in trade chat.

OP I would try leveling up herbalism now in preparation for Legion, especially since it is easy to do via the garrison as others have already mentioned. I haven't looked closely at professions in Legion, but I would tentatively assume that the gathering professions will be more useful than in WoD since everyone hopefully won't have access to everything without having the actual profession.

Revamp is a pretty big word for how little Mining and Herbalism are realistically changing.

In WoD when gathering, you will randomly spawn a mob that drops extra herbs.

In Legion this system is basically being altered so that each herb type has some specific thing (or multiple things) that can happen when gathering them.

For a few examples, when gathering Foxflower, a fox will randomly spawn and run around dropping herbs all over the ground, if you follow his trail of herbs you will pick up anything he drops, which amounts to a large amount of herbs relative to what you normally get from a single node.

I wouldn't really call that a "revamp" just a continuation of what WoD started with the little plant/ore-eater mobs that can spawn.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    You kind of asked being erroneously labeled an MMOC no lifer by first responding to his post with a stereotypical antagonistic l2read response that is akin to the level of intelligible responses most often given by players in trade chat.

OP I would try leveling up herbalism now in preparation for Legion, especially since it is easy to do via the garrison as others have already mentioned. I haven't looked closely at professions in Legion, but I would tentatively assume that the gathering professions will be more useful than in WoD since everyone hopefully won't have access to everything without having the actual profession.
    When someone comes to respond in a thread that involves knowledge about professions in Legion, they should first research before asking dumb questions about the existence of profession revamp. Since when knowing your shit about the game you love playing makes you a no-lifer, i dunno...

When someone comes to respond in a thread that involves knowledge about professions in Legion, they should first research before asking dumb questions about the existence of profession revamp. Since when knowing your shit about the game you love playing makes you a no-lifer, i dunno...
    But then the OP would never have had to make this post, and we would never had been graced by your eloquent discussion of knowledge acquisition! You see, we all win!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stop playing dumb. I wasn't referring to OP, who asked a question knowing a revamp was coming. i was referring to another poster who, in his ultimate wisdom, decided to post his lack of knowledge of a profession revamp, thus contributing NOTHING to this thread. Like you and other do already attacking me for showing someone the way to get himself informed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand how the two of you arguing in the last three posts are on-topic. If you must continue, please take it to PM. Meanwhile, less chatter about one another and more about the topic of herbalism in Legion would be a good thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."