Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i don't remember which one it was, but i know it was likely on playstation 1 or 2. because those are the controllers i've thrown at the wall and broken the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV, Titan EX, yeah who doesn't.

WoW, Spoils of Pandaria (old Heroic), makes our group hate each other.

Legend of Dragoon, Faust, RIP there was no internet back then

10+ Year Old Account
    I always say this one, and nobody gets the reference, but Breath of Fire. There's a boss fairly early on that destroys Tuntar with the Stone Robot. He turns into this beast thing, and he uses two basic attacks. One hits one person, the other hits the entire party. The problem? He hits really hard. And at that point, you have three party members. Bo is super weak because he can't use a shield, so Nina has to heal every turn. And if the boss hits all three guys, you just waste your entire turn healing everyone. Oh, and once his health gets low, he uses the all-attack EVERY TURN. And he has a shit ton of health. It's the hardest boss in the game, and it's a super troll, because RIGHT after, Ryu gets his first dragon forms.

The last boss in Final Fantasy 12 was a pain in the ass because the game lagged so bad, he got multiple turns before you could do anything. Also there were a couple bosses in that game that forced you to switch gear, because of like some kind of electromagnetism or something. Stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Harvester from Dragon Age: Origins
    Might be the hardest boss I've ever fought in a video game, among those I've defeated. I won't even try to estimate how many times I had to restart that fight the first time I played.
    I disagree that the boss itself was that hard. The problem wasn't the boss, but everything else: You had a very sub-optimal party composition (though very dependant on your main character) and very limited resources. If your main isn't a mage, you are completely missing their support and heal - the golem isn't really a useful replacement. An imported char trumps out the limited resources (with enough health poultices). The next thing is that the boss is really a big step up in difficulty compared to the rest of the game, which is sadly tuned a bit too low. Only the Ser Cauthrien fight in Howe's estate comes close, which is even harder when not using some tactics like running away to stack them, or even fighting Cauthrien apart from the rest of the group.
    Though I haven't played the boss on nightmare on a melee char. Once as a mage, which fills the lack of support and healing in the team; and once as an imported ranged rogue, which is completely OP anyway since Awakening, and had a few hundred poultices overall left from the game.

@ OP: Most likely something in WoW. In multiplayer games, things are often beyond my control, and I find that much more frustrating. In single player: I remember a Turtles game on the NES. Shredder was one hell of a boss in there.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-04-06 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts.

Now, I'd never played a KH game before. I was at my cousin's house for some holiday or birthday or some such. He and his friends are off in a back room playing games (apparently KH), and they get to Seph. They apparently can't beat him, and so they came out and got me.

My god, that was a frustrating fight. Especially since I had to take a crash course on how to play the game in the first place. It took me almost the entire rest of the visit to get him down, but I did. Now, I thought nothing of it, I chalked it up to inexperience with the game and that maybe they could've leveled up a bit more before hitting the fight. It wasn't until some time later that I find out he's classified as one of the hardest bosses ever >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cress View Post
    Legend of Dragoon, Faust, RIP there was no internet back then
    ROFL yeah there was, it was freaking dial-up lol. That's how I found out that Kongol had a Dragoon..soul...thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Dark souls 2, the boss that is 4 bosses. I think they were called sentinels or guardians or something. On my first playthrough I tried to go pure mage with no shield or reasonable armor and good lord did I wipe on those monstrosities. By the time I finally got a kill on them the whole map around the boss area had stopped spawning mobs from killing them over and over. I even went out and bought a controller because I thought that was the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The friggin' Neslug.

Thank goodness this guy was optional, as many uberhard FF monsters are.

Kanrethad for the Green Fire chain when he was still current content.

Never had a boss frustrate me so much, never had a boss kill me so much, never had a boss I wanted so badly to kill that I didn't give up even though I was about 20 item levels too low.

And never had as much of a sense of sheer and utter satisfaction as when I killed him after hours of trying without having improved my Ilvl any just by getting the mechanics on lock

10+ Year Old Account
    The most current frustating boss would be that (hard version-video has normal):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mQoL1zzUqc
    DONT PLAY A MELLE...
    Megaflare...ugh...
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The friggin' Neslug.

Thank goodness this guy was optional, as many uberhard FF monsters are.
    lol hard, you just get yuna, use anima, his shell is shattered, free loot.

Final boss in Bayou Billy is a mother Dickerson. That's the hardest game and boss I have ever faced in gaming. Goodness.

Only Ghost n' Goblins comes close to Bayou Billy. Though the latter is just hard because the game design is garbage.

The final bosses of N.A.R.C, Ikari Warriors 2, Shinobu, Black Tiger, Gunstar Heroes and 7th Saga were all a bunch of dicks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post

Never had a boss frustrate me so much, never had a boss kill me so much, never had a boss I wanted so badly to kill that I didn't give up even though I was about 20 item levels too low.

And never had as much of a sense of sheer and utter satisfaction as when I killed him after hours of trying without having improved my Ilvl any just by getting the mechanics on lock
    Pun intended? But, yeah agreed. Had a very similar experience, and felt SO good after I got it.

The dam level in Ninja Turtles for NES. Disarming bombs before the timer ran out always frustrated me. Not a boss, but it felt like one.

When I think about the boss that frustrated me the most I always have flashbacks to my 10 year old self banging my head against the final boss of breath of fire 3. Before each try she would give you 20 minutes of speech even if you hammer the X button to make it go faster. And she was much harder than any of the previous bosses. Took me about a week to kill her, with probably 10 tries a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Kanrethad Ebonlocke when it was current for the Warlock green fire quest chain in WoW.
    This guy gave me more trouble than anything I've encountered in any Dark Souls game so far. Granted, I only beat Bloodborne, but I did beat Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls at least.

So I guess that would be my vote too.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts.

Now, I'd never played a KH game before. I was at my cousin's house for some holiday or birthday or some such. He and his friends are off in a back room playing games (apparently KH), and they get to Seph. They apparently can't beat him, and so they came out and got me.

My god, that was a frustrating fight. Especially since I had to take a crash course on how to play the game in the first place. It took me almost the entire rest of the visit to get him down, but I did. Now, I thought nothing of it, I chalked it up to inexperience with the game and that maybe they could've leveled up a bit more before hitting the fight. It wasn't until some time later that I find out he's classified as one of the hardest bosses ever >.>

Yeah, in KH1 Sephiroth was pretty stupid dumb hard.

In KH2 you could cheese him though with infinite combos.

Spider-Man for PS2, the tie in to the first Sam Raimi directed film.

Last boss, chasing Green Goblin through the city on hard mode? Never raged so much at a video game in all my life.

WoW Mists: Siegecrafter on Heroic pre nerf. I think we wiped around...275 times? Holy crap was it frustrating. All it took was one early screw up by the belt group and you had to start it over.

MGS: Psycho Mantis. Just the whole unplugging the controller stuff. Boss wasn't hard, just annoying. Everyone loves the fourth wall breaking stuff but it just made me iritated.

Fight Night Round 3: Muhammad Ali. The final fight in career mode. Ali would just kick your ass. He can counter every punch and if he lands even a few power shots its over. You had to be perfect to win.

Mass Effect: Matriarch Benezia. She was HARD on my first playthrough, probably because I was Vanguard and I did that planet at the beginning. Her bodyguards would just destroy you with biotics. Worst part was all the cutscenes/dialogue beforehand that you couldn't skip.

FFX: Seymour. Can't remember which one, you fight him like 3 or 4 times, I think it was the 3rd fight? It was pretty brutal. I don't remember exactly why, I just remember Seymour kicking my ass quite a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    The final boss of Metroid prime on gamecube... dunno if i would have the same trouble with it nowdays but back when i was younger this guy got to me big time haha.
    I thought the Omega Pirate was a lot harder. I swear one burns 100 calories fighting that guy.

And some of the bosses in MP2 are even worse...

Burnt Ivory King in NG7+, no extra knights, melee only

As much as Ancient Dragon and Bed of Chaos were bullshit encounters, even though they're very easy when you know what to do, this dumb boss challenge was by far the most tedious in recent memory.

Deleted
    Any Dark souls boss.