Thread: Talent choices.

Deleted

Talent choices.

People are running furious strikes and siegebreaker over sudden death and anger management.Which one is optimal after 4piece?

Always sudden death, don't even think about others for Tier 3 talents.

Siegebreaker is legit. Tier 7, all 3 are useful in different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Always sudden death, don't even think about others for Tier 3 talents.

Siegebreaker is legit. Tier 7, all 3 are useful in different situations.
    This isn't true. While Sudden Death is a strong talent in most situations, Unquenchable Thirst is actually quite good on several fights were you're constantly cleaving (IE Mythic Xhul'horac).
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Deleted
    Iskar and Assault are two strong contenders for FS aswell.

Sudden Death is a good default talent while learning the spec or gearing up (which I assume is your case given the 4p specification).
    Experiment in cleave intensive situations with FS so that you can judge for yourself when to use it and when not to.

Siegebreaker is good if things die too quick, single target only.
    For any given aoe, AM is simply too good to pass up given the synergy with the 4p and Bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    For any given aoe, AM is simply too good to pass up given the synergy with the 4p and Bladestorm.
    AM means you can't take Ravager though, which is considerably stronger than AM if you can line it up with adds. Iskar for example, Ravager will always give the highest dps in an ideal scenario.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Given it's been way too long since I even simcrafted anything, stuff was dead way too quick for Ravager to produce any significant advantage over Reckstorm.
    I'll trust your insight on that.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Given it's been way too long since I even simcrafted anything, stuff was dead way too quick for Ravager to produce any significant advantage over Reckstorm.
    I'll trust your insight on that.
    Depends how you do it, a lot of people have their range switch to the boss in air phase after phantasmal add is dead, with timing between phases it usually lines up perfectly for ravager + bladestorm nuclear AOE burst on every one, it's the only way to get a top rank with it. As with most stuff like this it really depends on your tactics, i've had really good results running Arms here too, Even with a botched attempt I think I was up at the 200k mark and that's thanks to the above strategy meaning I have lots of rends going and adds to execute to make the most of executor glyph.

In my old guild way back last year I was also convinced AM was the way, but different strategies give different perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Depends how you do it, a lot of people have their range switch to the boss in air phase after phantasmal add is dead, with timing between phases it usually lines up perfectly for ravager + bladestorm nuclear AOE burst on every one, it's the only way to get a top rank with it. As with most stuff like this it really depends on your tactics, i've had really good results running Arms here too, Even with a botched attempt I think I was up at the 200k mark and that's thanks to the above strategy meaning I have lots of rends going and adds to execute to make the most of executor glyph.

In my old guild way back last year I was also convinced AM was the way, but different strategies give different perspectives.
    Did you run with a different gearing setup when you played arms on iskar? Since rend gets nothing from mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Did you run with a different gearing setup when you played arms on iskar? Since rend gets nothing from mastery.
    Hell no, the rend damage doesn't even really matter so much, it's about the MS resets and TFB rage, I'd only keep 3 rends up anyway usually since it becomes quite GCD intensive past that and you end up losing dps, maybe "lots of rends" was not the right way to put it I guess! Mastery is if anything even more important here because you have infinite MS resets and lots of executing to do.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-04-07 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Sudden death as a default unless a heavy cleave fight comes.

Deleted
    I usually run:

ST: Sudden Death>Stormbolt>Bloodbath>Siegebreaker (Iron Reaver/Gorefiend/Socrethar/Zakuun/Archimonde)
    AOE: Sudden Death>Dragon Roar>Bladestorm>Anger Management (Assault/Kormrok/Iskar)
    AOE Stun: Sudden Death>Shockwave>Bladestorm>Anger Management (Xhul'orac/Mannorath)

And I switch to Arms on Council, Killrog and Tyrant.