Maximum gold return shipyard list

This list will finish all treasure quests (money, chest, baleful, Sorcerous, left shark, apeix) with 90+% success rate and get maximize gold return. The program runs about 10 mins to get the optimal team, while designing the code takes one week time.

Battleship Panda First Swift
    Battleship Goblin Ice(A)/Swft(H) Mine
    Battleship Goblin Curse Evasive
    Carrier Panda Evasive Swift
    Carrier Goblin First Whirlpool
    Destroyer Goblin Curse Evasive
    Destroyer Murloc Evasive Mine
    Submarine UD/HU Evasive Swift
    Submarine Goblin Mine Swift
    Transport Goblin Evasive Swift

The total gold return is 17072g, there are other lists have the same gold return (and finish all with 90 chance), this list has the highest overall successful rate.
    Last edited by Tiger123456; 2016-04-08 at 03:04 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the question was going to be: "Is it even worth it?" - That's the question I ask myself and the answer is always "nope" :P
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger123456 View Post
    This list will finish all treasure quests (money, chest, baleful, Sorcerous, left shark, apeix) with 90+% success rate and get maximize gold return. The program runs about 10 mins to get the optimal team, while designing the code takes one week time.

Battleship Goblin Ice Mine

The total gold return is 17072g, there are other lists have the same gold return (and finish all with 90 chance), this list has the highest overall successful rate.
    I have NEVER EVER seen a mission HORDE SIDE that requires Icy Waters counter in a total of 15 Shityards since their existence. Also, there's this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...h-gt-90-Chance

Do these lists take into account doing multiple missions simultaneously, which is going to happen almost all the time as all types of treasure missions must be always cleared to maintain churn? Or do you have to do them one at a time for peak efficiency?

My 2 cents: Go all goblin dwarf and use Unsinkable. K I S S
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-04-07 at 11:07 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Do these lists take into account doing multiple missions simultaneously, which is going to happen almost all the time as all types of treasure missions must be always cleared to maintain churn? Or do you have to do them one at a time for peak efficiency?

Whatever rocks your boat (see what i did there?). Personally, I couldn't be arsed with all goblin rerolls and unsinkable maintain costs.

If you are asking for shipyard mission that requires Ice Water counter, here is the list:
    Death metal
    Dead orcs don't need boots
    Far too many notes
    Pedal o the metal
    And there are two barrier Sea siege missions require ice water counter.

Horde and Alliance share the same siege mission list.

I have tested that the ship list provided in that tread, except for the all-mission-90 list, the maximum good return lists are not valid. He just listed aa answer that his code provides, not to finding the global optimal answer. I am hereby providing the maximum gold return lists while finish all treasure+siege missions with 90+ chances, which is one of the global optimal combinations.

Just a side note, for the all-mission-90 list, i got more than 300000 combinations that work.

- - - Updated - - -

After checking the list, the treasure missions that requires ice water is alliance only, the siege mission is shared.

Taken that into consideration, the list is still a universal list for alliance and horde side for all treasure 90+ while having maximum gold return, it has the highest number of goblins and all gold quests that can have goblin crews are covered with goblin crews, those not covered with goblin crew is due to 90 completion constrains or competing quest constrains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Whatever rocks your boat (see what i did there?). Personally, I couldn't be arsed with all goblin rerolls and unsinkable maintain costs.
    Using unsinkable on all goblin/dwarf ships (assuming you having them) with proper counter skills will have higher gold yield, however it would be a endless effort to maintain those ships. And you may lost other missions(such as the chest missions, siege missions) easily, which bogs the shipyard progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiple missions is not considered here. All shipyard missions have long pop up time, you can take your time and finish them on by one.

Taking multiple missions into ship list design is not applicable as there is no info on how they would co-appear at any time.
    Last edited by Tiger123456; 2016-04-07 at 04:20 PM.

Is that just overall mission success calculated at 90%, or the real "loss-proof" of each counter being 90% + as it has been shown that each is calculated individually with the overall chance at 90% plus not preventing the loss of ships in all cases.
    Players have continued to lose ships at 90% plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Is that just overall mission success calculated at 90%, or the real "loss-proof" of each counter being 90% + as it has been shown that each is calculated individually with the overall chance at 90% plus not preventing the loss of ships in all cases.
    Players have continued to lose ships at 90% plus.
    1. According to blue post, no ship will be lost with 90% or above successful rate even if the mission fails.
    2. Every mission has been tested, all end up with 90% or above successful rate.
    3. Among all ship lists that can finish 90% successful rate, this list has the highest money yield.
    4. Among all the ship lists that can finish 90% successful rate with highest money yield, this list has the highest over all successful rate.
    5. It is not unique, there are other lists can also finish with 90% successful rate with highest money and have the highest over-all successful rate.
    Last edited by Tiger123456; 2016-04-07 at 11:05 PM.

Multiple missions is not considered here. All shipyard missions have long pop up time, you can take your time and finish them on by one.

Taking multiple missions into ship list design is not applicable as there is no info on how they would co-appear at any time.
    One at a time!?! Are you joking!?! Blizzard has stated multiple times that all gold and non gold treasure missions share a timer, thus completing a non gold treasure mission increases the chance that a gold mission will appear. This is the clincher. Because you NEED to do multiple missions at once to maximize gain (because of churn), the system ends up being too complex for anyone to math it out.

Between oil rig and all the different non gold treasure missions you have to complete, I just don't see how you can do all them only one at a time, unless you had crews for fast completion which you don't, and even if you are playing 24/7. I play 18/7 on many garrisons and I almost always have 2-3 missions running on each. If I were just on one garrison it might be more optimized if I was online exactly at completion. But is that realistic for even an outlier hardcore shipyard tycoon? Of course not.

This tells me you are cherry picking missions, some are expiring, many potential golds are not popping up. There's no way for you to tell this because you aren't seeing the ones that never pop up, and probably assume the mediocre returns are normal. Cherry picking ends up being less than half than the maximum potential in my experience.

Your work is laudable, but understand this is far from the most efficient/simple/easiest/highest possible gold return in the shipyard.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-04-08 at 01:46 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post

One at a time!?! Are you joking!?! Blizzard has stated multiple times that all gold and non gold treasure missions share a timer, thus completing a non gold treasure mission increases the chance that a gold mission will appear. This is the clincher. Because you NEED to do multiple missions at once to maximize gain (because of churn), the system ends up being too complex for anyone to math it out.

Between oil rig and all the different non gold treasure missions you have to complete, I just don't see how you can do all them only one at a time, unless you had crews for fast completion which you don't, and even if you are playing 24/7. I play 18/7 on many garrisons and I almost always have 2-3 missions running on each. If I were just on one garrison it might be more optimized if I was online exactly at completion. But is that realistic for even an outlier hardcore shipyard tycoon? Of course not.

This tells me you are cherry picking missions, some are expiring, many potential golds are not popping up. There's no way for you to tell this because you aren't seeing the ones that never pop up, and probably assume the mediocre returns are normal. Cherry picking ends up being less than half than the maximum potential in my experience.

Your work is laudable, but understand this is far from the most efficient/simple/easiest/highest possible gold return in the shipyard.

Wrong quote btw, I DIDN'T POST THAT, the OP did.

- - - Updated - - -

Horde and Alliance share the same siege mission list.

- - - Updated - - -

After checking the list, the treasure missions that requires ice water is alliance only, the siege mission is shared.

- - - Updated - - -
    I have already used WoWhead for the Icy Water threat naval missions. There are 6 blockade missions with Icy waters, 2 of them are Zangar sea, which is the upper LEFT quadrant and those are Alliance only Blockade/Siege missions. The other 4 are Barrier Sea Blockade missions and they are listed by Wowhead as shared by Alliance and Horde, but the truth is... they are Alliance only. The Icy Water threat has NEVER appeared to ANY blockade mission in that quadrant in my 12 Shityards, making the Orc Crews in Horde Side completely useless.

Wrong quote btw, I DIDN'T POST THAT, the OP did.

- - - Updated - - -

I have already used WoWhead for the Icy Water threat naval missions. There are 6 blockade missions with Icy waters, 2 of them are Zangar sea, which is the upper LEFT quadrant and those are Alliance only Blockade/Siege missions. The other 4 are Barrier Sea Blockade missions and they are listed by Wowhead as shared by Alliance and Horde, but the truth is... they are Alliance only. The Icy Water threat has NEVER appeared to ANY blockade mission in that quadrant in my 12 Shityards, making the Orc Crews in Horde Side completely useless.
    This is also true for fog on alliance missions. When I tried to find the mission list for horde and alliance, the wowhead's pre-allocation is adopted, but as you have pointed out, the position also determines its appearance in different racial conditions. It seems Blz programmer has massed up with the alliance and horde mission distributions (it's obvious that horde needs more ice missions and alliance needs more fog missions). Suggestion for change would be change ice into something more useful such as evasive or swift (this is only applicable to horde players).

In ship-list design vise, this list has already countered all missions with 90+ rate and all possible gold missions with goblins, this change will increase the over-all successful rate and possibly increase gold return by 100-200.

Thanks for point that out. Will collect more info before re-run the program for better combinations.

As a side note, there is a siege mission for horde that the successful rate is 80% even if all treats have been countered (it only has two treats), if anyone also have countered this siege mission please let me know. Not sure its a display error or a program bug.

- - - Updated - - -

For certain missions, if they require the same specific ship to get maximize return, then my suggestion is to wait. The list can provide 28 possible combinations if two of the ships are out for a mission, 15 combinations if 4 of them are out, those combinations can counter a lot of missions.

Your remark is valuable, but given that the treasure missions will pop up at random number and order, to fit your need will require a shipyard of more than 10 ships. I am working with only 10 ships here.

1. According to blue post, no ship will be lost with 90% or above successful rate even if the mission fails.
    2. Every mission has been tested, all end up with 90% or above successful rate.
    3. Among all ship lists that can finish 90% successful rate, this list has the highest money yield.
    4. Among all the ship lists that can finish 90% successful rate with highest money yield, this list has the highest over all successful rate.
    5. It is not unique, there are other lists can also finish with 90% successful rate with highest money and have the highest over-all successful rate.
    What blizzard said, and what actually happened was very different as there was a forum post with many replies stating just that.
    The issue was the overall success chance is the only thing blizzard made visible and that was not the actual requirement to stop a ship being destroyed.
    The issue was that a ship had to counter an individual threat at 90% or more to avoid being destroyed, but the overall chance due to being an average did not necessarily mean that all met that requirement.
    An average means that there can be some above and below that figure, and those threats being countered at a sub 90% chance if they failed could still lose you a ship.
    Two ships at 80% and 100% average out to 90%, but if the 80% counter failed then it could have still been destroyed.

I don't know from experience if that is still happening, but it certainly was after blizzards post claiming otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't lost a ship yet at 90% + in any naval mission since that change. I have lost ships at 89% and less though.

1700 per week? God have I been using my shipyard poorly...

Add some spice to your life, I do 2 speedys(for oil) and the rest moneymakers. Sure you lose a boat every now and then (for me about once every 3 weeks on one of the toons). But I'll run any mission that has a 75% chance or better.

Yes having re-roll to get the moneymakers back will makes you angry at times, but it's something different and at least it helps you feel in the sea of numbness

Quote Originally Posted by Framewhisperer View Post
    1700 per week? God have I been using my shipyard poorly...
    1700 seems pretty low. I'll have to check the numbers, but I'm pretty sure shipyard is more around 5-8K a week. Though looking above, I think you meant to put 17,000
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-04-10 at 03:39 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Add some spice to your life, I do 2 speedys(for oil) and the rest moneymakers. Sure you lose a boat every now and then (for me about once every 3 weeks on one of the toons). But I'll run any mission that has a 75% chance or better.

Yes having re-roll to get the moneymakers back will makes you angry at times, but it's something different and at least it helps you feel in the sea of numbness

1700 seems pretty low. I'll have to check the numbers, but I'm pretty sure shipyard is more around 5-8K a week. Though looking above, I think you meant to put 17,000
    I guess i could live with some spice to my life, if only my wow life wasn't tormenting me with 20x lvl100 alts....

10+ Year Old Account
    While Shipyards are essential to get the maximum gold income (especially if you have many alts), I think that calculating every possible variable and equipment placement is taking it too far.
    Others have already mentioned how tedious it would be to wait for the right crews, and alts may struggle to get Unsinkable, let alone replace it whenever it gets destroyed.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    While Shipyards are essential to get the maximum gold income (especially if you have many alts), I think that calculating every possible variable and equipment placement is taking it too far.
    Others have already mentioned how tedious it would be to wait for the right crews, and alts may struggle to get Unsinkable, let alone replace it whenever it gets destroyed.
    Agreed, but if you want to maximise output, you have to invest on the input first. Afraid of losing your ships? go with the 90% chance thread already existing and linked above. Do you prefer the gambling game with shityard? go all goblin/unsinkable.

Battleship Goblin Ice(A)/Swft(H) Mine

Interesting you use a transport other such lists do not use one and is there a particular reason for the UD/HU sub over using the murloc?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Murloc sub sucks. there are 2 (or 3, but not more) gold rewarding missions that need it for 100% success, while the murloc destroyer is useful in many more.