Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No matter how much gold you have, it's still not actually worth anything, and certainly nothing to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Fur Play View Post
    No matter how much gold you have, it's still not actually worth anything, and certainly nothing to be proud of.

Except you know game time which has an actual $$ value

Hopefully Legion will have mat costs going for like 10k gold a stack to kill off this gross inflated excess of gold WoD does done to kill its worth.

You should make guides instead

Dont get how people could bother with garrison missions on so many chars.

I have all maxed proffesions once, missions fully on 2 char's, and everything on main.

Its all about the AH play for me. That 5-10k gold a day from AH sales way more fun for me than garrison...I just focus on maxing proffesions.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Dont get how people could bother with garrison missions on so many chars.

I have all maxed proffesions once, missions fully on 2 char's, and everything on main.

Its all about the AH play for me. That 5-10k gold a day from AH sales way more fun for me than garrison...I just focus on maxing proffesions.
    Honestly, it was a giant chore to do for over a year straight. But in this expansion alone, I've banked away 5 mill, a spectral tiger, a few other random mounts, pvp gear from champions honor, and a BMAH gold capped Invincible. And it's still rolling in. By the time Legion comes out, I'll be at atleast 6 mill, if not 7. A years worth of a half hour a day chores isn't too bad when I won't ever have to pay for wow or worry about gold ever again
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, wow's economy is wrecked. Riparoni

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, save that nonsense for people that care. The guy hit 2 mill, he's happy, and here you are, sourpussing up the thread with your BS.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I've only been at the garrison gold farm game for about 6 weeks. I've already paid for 6mo of game time. I'm only doing 5 level 3 garrisons.

Just passed 700k at the start of the month. I make around 100k a month, but ofc 85% of that goes on the token I'd level more alts but it hardly seems worth it now.

Deleted
    About 50-70k I'd guess. Enough for raiding/repairs.
    Only one character with fully leveled followers/garrison - never could be arsed to do it more than once.

So fucking mindnumbingly boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Hopefully Legion will have mat costs going for like 10k gold a stack to kill off this gross inflated excess of gold WoD does done to kill its worth.
    Yeah, they can't do that, because new/returning players don't have WoD gold.

I have no problem making more than I actually need (haven't paid for a WoW sub in almost a year now), but I don't see how people are making 10-15k a day just from garrison missions, especially if you're claiming to only check once or twice a day. I listened to my friend and started up inns on all my characters as well as creating 10+ treasure hunter followers and I'm pretty sure I'm only pulling 2-3k a day per follower, if that.

I started wod with 50k gold and now I'm sitting at 1.2M loging once per day or sometimes even 2-3 times a week. I have 8 alt, all with level 3 garrison except 1 or 2 and I only check the missions for my main. I rarely use the garrisons from my alts. I have a pretty good income, not as much as others described but a nice and steady income tho.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Yeah, they can't do that, because new/returning players don't have WoD gold.
    I doubt anyone making gold off the AH cares for that. What they know is the amount of excess gold people have and are willing to pay to level up their professions as soon as Legion is released. Always has been the case for new expansions... just will be more so with Legion cause of said inflation of gold.

Bought the TGC mounts and pets that I wanted, and I still have 1m. All I'll ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    About 6 mill. aswell.

Looking at Legion Alpha, (I know its still Alpha) it seems like itl be alot harder to get gold through the game. I think and this is where the Tinfoil hat comes on that blizzard "wants" us to buy the token to be able to buy stuff ^^
    And if the gold is hard to get in general, the price of the token will drop as there will be less of it about to spend on it.
    I would argue that the current inflated prices are due to garrisons largely.

I don't think it will be instant though, and may take a while to come down.
    We will see players moving back to the more traditional content farming I expect, not least due to the transmog wardrobe adding value to what would otherwise be vendor/disenchant fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    That's not how killing inflation works. Unless you were implying buying it from a vendor.

I also have nearly as much, but on the other hand there are many players with 20k and less gold. So Blizzard can't just make everything ultra expensive in Legion.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Sitting around 3 million for me, though admittedly I havent been trying as hard. I burned out at 10 garrisons and only 5 shipyards. Also I'm stockpiling bags on 2 characters so that when 7.0 drops and the resub rush hits I can flood the market.

Because at this point, it's not about the gold. I just want to watch the world burn.

Like others have posted the gold = profit for WoW tokens that do cost real money. Plus, if you sat on the gold for a few expansions & didn't spend much of it while other players did then more of that gold would be disapearing from the game, especially how much gold sinks are emphasized the next few expansions & if Blizzard makes the next few expansions much more difficult to earn gold from.