Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    which worked since people on official forums stoped spaming and this thread is the only rminder that Nost ever existed - finally people will abandon this dead horse too and topic will be ofrgotten untill next pirate server becomes to big and lbizzard shuts it too
    It was the biggest vanilla private server only.
    There are WotLK private servers that had a larger population than Nost, still have larger population than Nost, have been going on for years and use C & D notices for toilet paper.

Ignorance is bliss though.

You guys can say what you want about numbers, be it 1 million, less or more.

The truth remains that there are thoushands for sure playing still on private servers, and a unknown number of potential players for a vanilla server.

Not to capitalize on the potential business and income those ppl would bring to blizzard is/would be a bad management call, and we have examples, many of them, that blizzard usually makes the most to take all the income and profit they can.

Retro/vanilla/legacy server are compatible with the current live version, not concurrent, this is the major argument for them to happen in the near future, payed of course, don't have any illusions regarding that.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Not to capitalize on the potential business and income those ppl would bring to blizzard is/would be a bad management call, and we have examples, many of them, that blizzard usually makes the most to take all the income and profit they can.
    At this time clearly Blizz disagrees with you and I'm more inclined to trust their judgement then some random dude on the internet.

Retro/vanilla/legacy server are compatible with the current live version, not concurrent, this is the major argument for them to happen in the near future, payed of course, don't have any illusions regarding that.
    How do you know they are compatible? Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers since you clearly know everything about everything.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    At this time clearly Blizz disagrees with you and I'm more inclined to trust their judgement then some random dude on the internet.

How do you know they are compatible? Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers since you clearly know everything about everything.
    I wasnt refering to being compatible from a technical point of view, but its ok, i know your kind.

I wasnt refering to being compatible from a technical point of view, but its ok, i know your kind.
    You said they are compatible which they are not. They don't have any tech required by Blizz for ALL of their games, namely B.Net. The only thing you can say they are compatible with is that it's a Blizz game and it works so in theory it could run next to any of their other games. But you're the one who said they were compatible without saying how. So yeah, I know your kind too.

You said they are compatible which they are not. They don't have any tech required by Blizz for ALL of their games, namely B.Net. The only thing you can say they are compatible with is that it's a Blizz game and it works so in theory it could run next to any of their other games. But you're the one who said they were compatible without saying how. So yeah, I know your kind too.
    You seem a little thick, ill try to break it down for you.

The existence of a vanilla version of the game is compatible with the existence of the live version. Compatible not from a techincal pov but compatible from a customer pov, meaning that the target audience for each version doesnt overlap much, and in the cases that it does it's just your typical customer that is glad playing both when he sees fit.

Is this clear enough for you now? Or need aditional help?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Many people. Man that must be everyone that ever was on nost right?
    Infinitely more than the zero you knew.

You seem a little thick, ill try to break it down for you.
    Ah the time honored tradition of resorting to petty insults to make yourself feel superior. Do you feel better about yourself now?

The existence of a vanilla version of the game is compatible with the existence of the live version. Compatible not from a techincal pov but compatible from a customer pov, meaning that the target audience for each version doesnt overlap much, and in the cases that it does it's just your typical customer that is glad playing both when he sees fit.
    This is just straight up wrong. It is the same game so the target audience is the same. Why would Blizz sacrifice their current product to bring back something that is 10 years old? And despite what you may claim, they will cannibalize each other for users and the development work for both will impact the other.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2016-08-24 at 04:17 PM.

This is just straight up wrong. It is the same game so the target audience is the same. Why would Blizz sacrifice their current product to bring back something that is 10 years old? And despite what you may claim, they will cannibalize each other for users and the development work for both will impact the other.
    I generally agree with you, but this is one of the core tenants of the pro-Legacy debate: The assertion that Legacy would not have any impact on the retail version of the game. There's absolutely no way for anybody to know how Legacy realms would actually pan out, we just have estimations. The pro-Legacy players believe both versions of the game are able to exist without affecting one another too much (or that Blizzard has enough resources to bring it to balance it properly) while the so-called anti-Legacy have a perspective similar to yours. I'm tempted to believe the latter myself which is why I've repeatedly contested that the nature of this debate shouldn't be if Legacy becomes a reality but rather when. And on that front, Blizzard has made no indication they're interested in resurrecting old versions of the game, instead mainly focusing on the state of the current game. (This was very well articulated by Watcher's response about pristine realms in one of the recent Dev Q&As, right here.)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-08-24 at 04:32 PM. Reason: words

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Infinitely more than the zero you knew.
    Well you see thats just you assuming something again.

Deleted
    I assume that if Blizzard do a good publicity campaign with the Legacy Servers, i'm sure that the old school player base are gonna hear about it and probably they are gonna test it or play it. And the "new school" player base, probably just to see how it's look, how it is and how you play in it, are gonna at least test it.

In a commercial view, the option is a success almost for sure. In other views, there are things to discuss, but in the commercial point of view, i think is gonna be succesful if Blizzard make Legacy Servers.

But that is MY opinion, i can be wrong, that for sure, but other people can be too...so...50/50 ^^

Everybody can be wrong or right, and i think that is the coolest about the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    I assume that if Blizzard do a good publicity campaign with the Legacy Servers, i'm sure that the old school player base are gonna hear about it and probably they are gonna test it or play it. And the "new school" player base, probably just to see how it's look, how it is and how you play in it, are gonna at least test it.

In a commercial view, the option is a success almost for sure. In other views, there are things to discuss, but in the commercial point of view, i think is gonna be succesful if Blizzard make Legacy Servers.

But that is MY opinion, i can be wrong, that for sure, but other people can be too...so...50/50 ^^

Everybody can be wrong or right, and i think that is the coolest about the discussion
    Definitely.

I suppose Blizzard will continue to lose out. There was a notable Vanilla Private Server that opened recently, and it's fun!

They do not accept donations, but I'd give em 30 bucks a month if they asked. Probably $50 ... it's smooth.

EDIT: I should note it serves NA :P
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-08-29 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I suppose Blizzard will continue to lose out. There was a notable Vanilla Private Server that opened recently, and it's fun!

They do not accept donations, but I'd give em 30 bucks a month if they asked. Probably $50 ... it's smooth.

EDIT: I should note it serves NA :P
    The vanilla community has unfortunately gotten very scattered and a not insignificant amount of players have decided that the risk of shutdown, Nostalrius style, makes the time invenstment not worth it.

If this new server gains significant momentum then that might change things but for many it would mean a 3rd or even 4th start from scratch and at some point it gets really hard to find the motivation for it unless you know that the experience is significantly better than other servers.

If Blizzard releases vanilla servers I'm convinced its going to crash a lot^^

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they do release Legacy servers, I'm gonna hire a botnet for a few weeks to DDOS it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    If they do release Legacy servers, I'm gonna hire a botnet for a few weeks to DDOS it.
    and retard of the week award goes to...

Deleted
    Nostalrius start a campaign of T-Shirts for Blizzcon, let's see what happen. It's cool that the movement is moving, and the Blizzcon seems to be the final stage. 2 months...the longest 2 months of my life in WoW ^^

Nostalrius start a campaign of T-Shirts for Blizzcon, let's see what happen. It's cool that the movement is moving, and the Blizzcon seems to be the final stage. 2 months...the longest 2 months of my life in WoW ^^
    Lol yeah with all the hype of Legion and how well it is selling I wouldn't hold my breath.

Deleted
    I mean I hope so - that some people especially known personalities will show up at blizzcon with such shirts and don't just let it fall by the wayside.
    I impulse-bought legion on wednesday and resubbed - i already kind of regret it... i mean it is still a solid purchase with what you get, but I am already sick again of the gameplay-loop after questing through two zones...
    It is not the the gameplayloop is really bad - it just gets tiring after so many years of nonstop hectic aoe gameplay since wotlk. I am just really sick of it by now, especially after falling in love again with vanilla gameplay on nost...
    It reminds me of the start of wotlk again where the few pro-players I knew left because of too easy naxx. one of them told me that it was now world of diablo because of the aoe-zergfest - back then I had no idea because D3 was not out yet - which was my first diablo... and years afterwards I really recognized that change when I first played nost.

There is other stuff I like and stuff I dislike about legion so far (I'm not that far... and already think of just dropping out early) but that gameplayloop - I am so sick and tired of it I just cannot stand it anymore. Its of course only my opinion and the majority disagrees probably, but that is okay - modern wow is just not for me anymore.

I still hope for official vanilla realms - not a release anytime soon, but some kind of mention at blizzcon I hope for...

This thread still going strong I see, cool.

As much as I enjoy and am super-busy in Legion right now - Seriously, it's so awesome. Best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King for sure in my opinion - one thing is for sure; as a ex-Raider playing casually only, there will come a time when I run out of content - even though I do believe this expansion will fare much better than Warlords of Draenor, which I rate low as far as World of Warcraft expansions go - and when that time comes it would be so nice - and good for Blizzard's treasury - if I could just stay subbed to official World of Warcraft and just jump over to a vanilla realm and play around with that for a while again, rather than it going down like it did for me during Warlords of Draenor, where I unsubbed for a long time while spending lots of time at Nostalrius. So if they had vanilla realms up and running 1 year into this expansion, that would be great, I think, for both myself and for Blizzard's subscription numbers.