Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    its not removing challenging content it means your getting more content faster and you get more challenging content because its faster, youd have normal and heroic but because they arnt doing mythic and wasting resouces on the same bosses you would get another raid teir so youd still get an added difficulty but with more unique boss fights more pretty gear and less boredom of running the same raid for almost two years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Uh, "going back" would mean there's only one difficulty that's equivalent to what mythic is now. Posts like this make me wonder if people doing them actually raided vanilla and BC content when it was current.
    there was heroic before there was mythic, having mythic means the devs are focused on the same bosses for even more extended amounts of time which then also means you are getting less unique boss development , and then getting yourself so freaking bored of running the same shit day after day after day
    maybe this makes a little more sense to you.

one raid with four difficulties with different color palet gear and weapons vs one raid with two difficulties and at least one more raid tier after that with unique weapons/armor

Deleted
    I'd love to see us go back to the TBC model if that meant we more new content released on a regular basis.

I'd love to see us get several dungeons attached to a 10-20 man raid with a cool questline every 3-4 months - other games seem to manage it, I don't understand how Blizzard can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think removing difficulties would definitely alleviate one of the problems that WoW currently has, gear/ilvl inflation. The fact that there are 4 difficulties per raid tier is one reason why ilvls are so high now. We just had a stat squish and from what we've seen from Legion alpha, numbers are already back to what they were pre-squish.

The title of this thread reads like a Buzzfeed article.

One simple trick to make your MMO successful again! Game developers HATE him!

Deleted
    I totally agree. but then comes the QQ of those that can't turn and move at the same time feeling entitled cause they pay the same and thus we must all suffer a repetitive and boring game.

Yeah... i'm tired of this constant pandering. I rest my case. Let Blizzard understand it. One way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I'd love to see us go back to the TBC model if that meant we more new content released on a regular basis.

I'd love to see us get several dungeons attached to a 10-20 man raid with a cool questline every 3-4 months - other games seem to manage it, I don't understand how Blizzard can't.
    Because somewhere along the lines Blizzard (ergo, Activision) decided content needed to be experienced by everybody and by simply paying $15/mo you deserved the same access to content as Mythic raiders, albeit on a smaller scale (be that through either LFR, Normal or Heroic).

I doubt they're about to pack up their entire fucking raid design philosophy just yet. But given how completely unpolished Alpha is looking already, Legion may already be the nail in WoW's coffin anyway so it really won't matter much way they decide to go with the game when there's barely anybody left around to play it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because somewhere along the lines Blizzard (ergo, Activision) decided content needed to be experienced by everybody and by simply paying $15/mo you deserved the same access to content as Mythic raiders, albeit on a smaller scale (be that through either LFR, Normal or Heroic).
    Even though the bosses have the same models, it really isn't the same bosses though. In reality, only mythic mode matters. Imagine the shitstorm from plebs if they removed LFR and Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    maybe this makes a little more sense to you.
    If that bs happens to make sense to you well good luck with that. How much more content do you believe the lack of "tuning" for other difficulties will net you ? A ruby sanctum ? Even that's a stretch.

honestly im never ever gonna understand wtf people want to remove stuff instead add more stuff to existing one -_- -- we have atm raid difficulties for eveyrbody , legion will bring dungeons difficulties for everybody wtf people want to remove anything from game - the bigger diversity the better

if bc can do it than other expansions can

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    honestly im never ever gonna understand wtf people want to remove stuff instead add more stuff to existing one -_- -- we have atm raid difficulties for eveyrbody , legion will bring dungeons difficulties for everybody wtf people want to remove anything from game - the bigger diversity the better
    remove things that make game stagnant so you can make it more enjoyable by adding other things to keep you invested is slightly different to just remove things.

a

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Even though the bosses have the same models, it really isn't the same bosses though. In reality, only mythic mode matters. Imagine the shitstorm from plebs if they removed LFR and Normal.
    i would honestly rather they removed lfr than mythic because lfr has helped damage the community of wow servers, but like you said people would rather piss their pants than allowing it to be removed

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You mean go back to the way things were in..erm...let's say TBC without lower difficulty encounters?

Why are you people so afraid of change and options or several difficulties? Why does appealing only to 1% (or in the case of Naxx 40 - because that certainly was the mythic difficulty of Classic WoW) to 0,1% solve anything?

And no..Naxx 40 did not make us want to play more. We played a lot during MC and BWL and did our share of AQ 40 but mostly AQ 20, and Naxx 40 just made us quit because it was ridiculous.

What was your point again? When did anyone think they needed to apply themselves and get into raiding? Raid participation surged with WotLK and eventually the many variations of WotLK when we had 1.2 million raiders, 10% of the subs.

Why do you think raiding is a problem again?
    dont have a problem with raiding, i have a problem with being forced to do one raid for over a year which im pretty sure everyone thinks the same

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Well, it is somewhat a lie. True, there was 2 raids in 6.0. WoD compared to 3 in MoP and Cata at launch. However, there was more bosses in Warlords 2 raids than MoP 3 raids. As for dungeons, there was more dungeons in 6.0. than in 5.0.
    MoP raids were higher quality than WoD ones with bosses having the same mechanics. Also MoP had 9 heroic dungeons available in 5.0 (not to mention scenarios), WoD had 8. Might want to check before you make fool out of yourself
    Last edited by Einsz; 2016-04-14 at 10:18 AM.

Well you have to replace it with something. I think we need diverse content most of all but if we take raiding as an example (this could just as easily be dungeons or solo content) there should in my opinion only be two difficulties for those interested in raiding, one that's easier and one that's harder. They should both offer the same rewards in terms of character progression but the harder one should be aimed at the 1% crowd that does raiding at a competative level so the additional rewards could be transmogs, mounts, titles, achievements, gold, rare crafting materials and stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont have a problem with raiding, i have a problem with being forced to do one raid for over a year which im pretty sure everyone thinks the same
    Multiple difficulties are not the reason why are have a raid instance out for a year. It's not like the devs spend so horribly long tweaking up some HP/DMG numbers 4x instead of 2x that they're busy for a whole year instead of making you a new raid.

If your complaint is not frequent enough raid content, then you're barking up the wrong tree whining about removing multiple difficulties because it's really not related...

i would honestly rather they removed lfr than mythic because lfr has helped damage the community of wow servers, but like you said people would rather piss their pants than allowing it to be removed...

...dont have a problem with raiding, i have a problem with being forced to do one raid for over a year which im pretty sure everyone thinks the same
    Then why did you complain about LFR. What has that got to do with your "view". Hate elitist Heroic raiders who blame everything on LFR. Maybe if we remove Mythic we would get rid of most of the elitist pricks who look down on LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    hey people does anyone else think we should go back to the way things used to be without mythic encounters, im not saying hardcore raiding doesn't have its place but it definitely feels like ever since we started getting so many difficulties in the same dungeon or raid we have lost content, every expansion we have had less and less dungeons and raids and i think this is what is burning out so many people. is it not simply allowing blizzard to re use bosses under the pretense that they are harder and that makes them different. i loved doing dungeons in vanilla and bc and wrath and there was so many to choose from all with different cosmetic styles that peeked interest and made you want to play more. would you guys prefer to going back to having more content rather than fighting the same boss in 4 different difficulties?
    Mythic, former heroic, difficulty wasn't added. LFR, Flex (now normal), and normal (now heroic) were added because mythic (heroic), which used to be the standard difficulty, was too hard for people. When Wrath split raids into normal and heroic, heroic was really the normal difficulty, the difficulty at which raids used to be tuned, and normal was a difficulty that was added for all the people that cried that they couldn't raid cause they "didn't have the time".

So let's remove LFR, normal and heroic, if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    MoP raids were higher quality than WoD ones with bosses having the same mechanics. Also MoP had 9 heroic dungeons available in 5.0 (not to mention scenarios), WoD had 8. Might want to check before you make fool out of yourself
    1- I did not make fool of myself
    2- Technically speaking, there was more bosses in 6.0. raids than in 5.0.
    3- Three of the MoP dungeons were older one (Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery. There was 6 real new one. Even if you consider them as new one, it was not a decline in number in Warlords).
    4- I am not defending WoD. I just like to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Dungeons are a giant timesink, and nothing else, after the first month of an expansion. The only become relevant again when they create newer levels like mythic. Had they not released mythic dungeons, I can safely say I wouldn't have done a single dungeon after the first month
    Even with Mythic being added, would you have done them if they didn't drop the heirloom trinkets? Hopefully the new Mythic system will be more useful as the expansion moves along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Man View Post
    Mythic, former heroic, difficulty wasn't added. LFR, Flex (now normal), and normal (now heroic) were added because mythic (heroic), which used to be the standard difficulty, was too hard for people. When Wrath split raids into normal and heroic, heroic was really the normal difficulty, the difficulty at which raids used to be tuned, and normal was a difficulty that was added for all the people that cried that they couldn't raid cause they "didn't have the time".

So let's remove LFR, normal and heroic, if anything.
    Totally agree. Leave the mythic dungeon system in place, which allows you to gear up for Mythic raiding and have mythic be the only raiding available. Love it.

But I think you would find that people have grown so accustomed to LFR that it would be quite a shock. I'd like to see them make LFR drop heroic 5 man level gear. If it's truly a "tourist" mode, then the gear shouldn't make much difference. I hate the idea of so many raid difficulties, but I think 2 makes sense. Four is outrageous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then why did you complain about LFR. What has that got to do with your "view". Hate elitist Heroic raiders who blame everything on LFR. Maybe if we remove Mythic we would get rid of most of the elitist pricks who look down on LFR.
    Everyone looks down on LFR. Even the people doing them. The only relevance LFR had this expansion, was getting through legendary quest easier. And to cap Valor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I did not talk about overall content in WoD. I was just answering to the person who said that raid and dungeon content went downhill.
    The raid content is probabily one of the best ever... But i kinda agree with 4 diferent difficulties kinda sucks.