Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    the state of BGs is abysmal. Bgs currently award less honor vs Ashran and doing Skirmishes. You have the faction imbalance and fact that one faction blacklists AV/Isle.

The 40vs40 maps def need work as does strand of the ancients and there should be seasonal weather patterns to add some variety to some of the old maps.

Tol barad and wintergrasp are so irrelevant now they might as well be deleted from the game despite being more fun than Ashran they should become Special Bgs that have better rewards for winning than other Bgs and are not part of the Random Battleground roster.

Personally I think random battlegrounds should be eliminated replaced with the return of battle ground weekends and one que roster called " Classic Rotation" Only includes the Original 3 Battlegrounds. Then Another Que map list that includes all the rest with the exceptions of the 40vs40 and TB/WG.

furthermore the honor rewards for queing for a specific battleground might as well be nothing.

I wish they would update AV, i personally loved those 18 hours AVs back in vanilla...now it is just the same zerk fest every game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    the state of BGs is abysmal. Bgs currently award less honor vs Ashran and doing Skirmishes. You have the faction imbalance and fact that one faction blacklists AV/Isle.

The 40vs40 maps def need work as does strand of the ancients and there should be seasonal weather patterns to add some variety to some of the old maps.

Tol barad and wintergrasp are so irrelevant now they might as well be deleted from the game despite being more fun than Ashran they should become Special Bgs that have better rewards for winning than other Bgs and are not part of the Random Battleground roster.

Personally I think random battlegrounds should be eliminated replaced with the return of battle ground weekends and one que roster called " Classic Rotation" Only includes the Original 3 Battlegrounds. Then Another Que map list that includes all the rest with the exceptions of the 40vs40 and TB/WG.

furthermore the honor rewards for queing for a specific battleground might as well be nothing.
    yeh I agree they need to boost the honor gains from bgs, the 40men bgs especially.

Deleted
    They could create any number of battlegrounds in an afternoon if they chose. You could just instance slices of world content. The design would be a bit less shiny but I think pvp'ers would be happy with anything new at this stage.

Disagree with the music comment. I think the music is iconic, and I love it. I do agree that updates to the existing BG's would be cool. Thanks for posting that youtube video, I never knew they were even attempting to do something like that!

I black list AB and WSG at higher levels, cuz i run a ton of 10-19s when I'm unsubbed. A little snow can't hurt - but stealthers better leave snow tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I personally, think that most BG's are pretty balanced minus AV. There is a blatant advantage given to the Alliance in the form of GG's in the beginning to give them a head start. I think that could easily be fixed and the instance fixed.

Other than that there aren't really any huge advantages given to a particular side in BG's. I think people have just become so accustomed to "how things go" that they never try to fight "the flow" of battle...

How many times on Alliance have you sent people to defend whats her face in the beginning? Probably once..
    How many times as Horde on IOC have you zerged Workshop instead of Gunship, or tried to get docks? It never happens...

People just go with the flow, they take the quick L because they assume that 80% or more of the group are mouth breathing vegetables that don't know how to play, and if you can't take the initiative to try and lead your team then quit doing randoms and start doing rated.

I love randoms, I think PVP right now is in a great place, and I main a warlock.....

I also think it would be reeeeallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy awesome to have seasonal BG's, that would be so cool! AV in the spring, WSG and Arathi in the winter...so dope..we should really try and see if something like that could happen

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They could create any number of battlegrounds in an afternoon if they chose. You could just instance slices of world content. The design would be a bit less shiny but I think pvp'ers would be happy with anything new at this stage.
    Yeah, it doesn't work like that.

Personally I'd like to see more modes in existing maps too. multiple CTF in a modified AB/AV. EotS style AB. Orbs in WSG/SsM/TP/BfG. Point capture/conquest in SsM
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-04-26 at 03:03 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't work like that.
    It could, that's the point. It would be better if they came up with a more intelligent approach but the bg's they've developed recently are so bad they might as well just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It could, that's the point. It would be better if they came up with a more intelligent approach but the bg's they've developed recently are so bad they might as well just do that.
    Fine you instance off a bit of the world, which isn't just copying and pasting code by the way. Then what? Adding in all the objectives, spawn points and graveyards, pick up locations. Then checking for bugs, optimal player size and then all the testing. Then adding it to the list of BGs. Then you push it through to PTR. Yep, seems like an afternoons work for me. Oh looks, you;ve totally streamlined the process, we should be getting 3 new BGs a patch now!
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I just wish they would make some of the bigger BGs into slugfests (both in terms of sheer volume of fighters and slowness lol) that were actually worthwhile to take part in. I love turtles in AV and IoC they are a lot of fun, but pointless and I see why people hate them. If they made them worthwhile honor points wise it would be a massive boon to pvp in those maps. I'm very sick and tired of passing the enemy in AV, I could most certainly dismount and slow/kill anyone I can, and in fact I did until I quit pvping. But it rarely did anything useful, most kills were because their allies just continued to ride past, while they just continued to run towards the objective.

I see zero fun in a game where you can see the details of your enemies gear as 20-30+ people ride past each other. I get that we have to fight greater threats, but horde v alliance seems gone to me in this game.

I hope they do a good job with the Ashran revamp. It has so much potential. But those side events kill me, they're so goofy.

lol ashran revamp? Unless ive missed something im fairly certain there wont be a revamp >.< all they will change is the lvls of the npcs to scale up to 110. Blizzards 1 focus point and the 1 basket they've put all their eggs into is this prestige crap.. which is not anything that willl make pvp at all more enjoyable, but instead just give people a reason to actually enter these outdated dull battlegrounds.