Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Asmr is a great way to relax if you can actually feel the tingles the videos are supposed to provide, but not everyone gets them. So obviously to someone who can't it just seems incredibly weird. A good asmr video can send the susceptible into a kind of trance.

It's not sexual. I mean yes, people have made sexual asmr videos, but people sexualise all kinds of things ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). The vast majority of viewers and content creators aren't in that business. It is super intimate though, but in the way that cuddling is intimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    he said he didn't get it in a insensitive way. I pointed out the hypocrisy in him not empathising with another group of weirdos who are as the above poster pointed out are potentially less weird/creepy.
    Oh, the irony of being 'triggered' by the way in which someone asks about ASMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    ASMR is specifically a tingly feeling you get at the back of your head and travels down your spine. Bob is a pretty big ASMR magnet though, that's for sure. Could watch that fucker all day.
    Looking back, it all makes sense now. As a kid I knew he was relaxing, but I never understood why he was so enjoyable to watch and listen to. The tingles, man...

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I often get tingles down my spine, but curiously they always start at my neck and never the back of my head.
    Neck, back of your head, same experience just starting in slightly different areas. One of the more common triggers (and Bob fits right in here) is a soft voice and whispering. People like to watch roleplays of eye exams and stuff because the person playing the doctor is usually speaking very softly and they like the movements of the instruments, and repetition like when an optometrist swaps between lenses and says softly, "1, 2. 1 or 2. 1, 2. 1, and now 2," and stuff like that. I personally can't get into the roleplay ones that much but I can see why people like them. I get them from more organic situations, like talking to someone face to face with an accent.
    They are also a great wind down tool, I used to have trouble falling asleep especially after playing games all night, so I would spend the last 20 minutes before I went to bed listening to ASMR videos and it made falling asleep after very easy because I was winding my brain down from active gaming to relaxing before bed.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-04-07 at 05:28 PM.

ASMR is short for "braingasm" and I fully endorse it, OP.

Recently found out about asmr too.
    Nothing really does anything for me, but I do like someone tapping their nails on a table or hard plastic.
    And some of it really grosses me out like mushy mouth sounds.

I don't get boners out of it so it definitely isn't sexual for me. I didn't know it even could be.

Yeah, I don't get sexual arousal either from it. However, I agree with you about the mushy mouth sounds. The worst thing in the world to me is someone eating a banana with their mouth open. Total gag reflex.

Some mushy mouth sounds disgust me, others trigger asmr. Seems to be more about the person making them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Yeah, I don't get sexual arousal either from it. However, I agree with you about the mushy mouth sounds. The worst thing in the world to me in someone eating a banana with their mouth open. Total gag reflex.
    ASMR isn't about sexual arousal. It's about the tingling feeling that starts at the top of your head and travels down the spine. It's about deep relaxation from the tingling.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

This thread now has me sitting at work listening to atmospheric black metal and other ASMR triggers of mine. Maybe I should start doing this more often at work, I'm very relaxed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    This thread now has me sitting at work listening to atmospheric black metal and other ASMR triggers of mine. Maybe I should start doing this more often at work, I'm very relaxed right now.
    Lord of the Rings music does it for me. Notably the songs "Into the West" and Arwen's "Evenstar" theme. Check 'em out.

ASMR is an unintentionally hilarious YouTube sub-culture of people whispering into microphones, usually whilst engaging in some sort of roleplay, for example pretending to be a hairdresser doing things with your hair, or a nurse pretending to examine you. It's pure WTF, but different strokes, you know? Probably vinegar strokes.