View Poll Results: Who is the most privileged group in our society?

Voters
176. This poll is closed
  • White women

57 32.39%
  • Homosexual white men

5 2.84%
  • White men

47 26.70%
  • Minority women

27 15.34%
  • other

40 22.73%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't buy into the whole privilege by ethnicity/gender bollocks.

Now if you want to talk about wealth privilege or maybe even cultural privilege that's a different story.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

10+ Year Old Account
    i quite frankly don't care about "privilege"
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wealthy people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Exactly.

Here's some thoughts from Martin Luther King on the subject when speaking about his time in jail:
    Stop using MLK in your propaganda machine and stop painting him out to be this pacifist, yes he did preach non-violence but he was also extremely militant and he told African Americans to use their strength when the situation called for it.

I disagree with that quote as well you cannot use the master’s tools to dismantle the master’s house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    White men.
    Because that is supported by actual facts instead of a poll on MMO-C.
    Average labor class white man vs the rich black guy or the black guy belonging to the political elite, who is more privileged do you think? Sure as fuck isn't the average labor class white man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    White men.
    Because that is supported by actual facts instead of a poll on MMO-C.
    Should probably preface that with "upper class". "upper class white men" is a defensible answer.

"white men" is not, unless you're not able to consider any metrics besides color and sex.

None of the above. White men and white women are not privileged in white countries, to say so is obtuse. They are the norm. some minorities are better off others are worse off, but thats the thing, minorities worse off are underprivileged. they are not the norm.

Privilege exists only in the higher stratas of society, economically and politically.
    But hey, convince a bunch of poor fucks that some white ass dudes are the reason they are poor and watch the masses at each others throats, while you laugh. Ignorance reinforced by stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    White women and minority women seem pretty privileged, they can make hate groups and get away with it as long as they say it's an equality movement. They also have the gumption to call themselves oppressed at the same time, and get priority over many things because of that.

But that's only for gender.

If you got loadsamoney, doesn't matter if you got a penor or vagoo, you are very privileged.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-04-07 at 05:29 PM.

I'm shocked nobody thinks white gay men are privileged in the West. They get away with so much especially internalised misogyny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    White women and minority women seem pretty privileged, they can make hate groups and get away with it as long as they say it's an equality movement. They also have the gumption to call themselves oppressed at the same time, and get priority over many things because of that.
    None of which is supported by anything resembling evidence, so.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Being white male is like being a duck. Noone can stand on your way to supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Everyone who isn't rich is shit on more or less.
    We are not all equal, little girl.

What a wierd question.
    I'd guess people with money, generally. At least the ones "born with money".

It's relative of course. People that can affort a computer and are able to answer this post are probably quite privileged compared to the world average.

Now, if you excuse me. I need to call our housekeeper and tell her to do her job better. I deserve better than having a piece of paper left in the trash can when she leaves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I'm shocked nobody thinks white gay men are privileged in the West. They get away with so much especially internalised misogyny.
    Because you say so, right?

Anyone who uses "cis" without irony.

Noticed no option for black men on it either. Another attempt at a racist troll here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Anyone who uses "cis" without irony.
    Exactly how am I supposed to refer to northwestern Italy during the Roman Republican period, then?

Please reply on the poll then give your opinion (optional)

*excluding wealth

Imo it's a tie between white women and gay white men because as a white woman you statically are the most privileged group in western society. You literally benefit in every important aspect of life right now. And for gay men they get away with a lot because they're perceived as a downtrodden demographic who are wildly embraced everywhere in the west and are less threatening than minority homosexual men who are branded weird and creepy. And in fact many homosexual men use demeaning language and behave aggressively towards cis-gendered heterosexual women.

One may ask why is it important to pinpoint who is the most privileged or who is the least, good question, the answer is simple so that we can redirect support and provide greater advocacy for the most downtrodden demographics.
    The rich are the most privileged. Other then that...race privledge does not exist. It is made up by the rich elite to cause division within the 99%. I have no privledge and I am a white male. However, I have been told that I have a lot of money and privilege on my side....I have just yet to find it.....maybe it is hidden somewhere. Only the YOUTH are dumb enough to think that privilege without money actually exists.

Stop using MLK in your propaganda machine and stop painting him out to be this pacifist, yes he did preach non-violence but he was also extremely militant and he told African Americans to use their strength when the situation called for it.

I disagree with that quote as well you cannot use the master’s tools to dismantle the master’s house.
    The reason I used it is because MLK saw where the actual privilege was, and it's not moved either.

Being poor as hell from birth to death isn't privilege, no matter what colour your skin is. Unless you're accepted and allowed into a position of power by those who already have it your background is largely irrelevant. Doesn't matter if you're some kid whose parents used to work in the mines in South Wales or a kid from Detroit whose parents used to make cars, you ain't goin' anywhere unless those with power accept you and allow you to.

Left handed, multi colored eyed, albino, pansexuals. They are just so quiet about it you barely know they exist.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."