View Poll Results: Who is the most privileged group in our society?

Voters
176. This poll is closed
  • White women

57 32.39%
  • Homosexual white men

5 2.84%
  • White men

47 26.70%
  • Minority women

27 15.34%
  • other

40 22.73%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Upper class for sure. But that's because the peasantry squabble over shit that doesn't matter like race, sexuality, and ethnicity because they are stupid. They miss the big picture because, once again, they are stupid and deserve their lot in life being trampled under the heels of their superiors.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Your entire statement is horseshit when the majority race by no competition is whites and therefore would inherently have a larger physical representation among the elite and well-to-do. This fact however does not inherently extend to other whites. You're taking the sheer size of a given demographic and using as a sign of privilege versus actually taking a critical look at the real underlying factors that determines one's privilege. You're basically looking at the end result of causality by numbers and stretching it over your own world view.

No, I do not agree with this and you can argue with me until you're blue in the face but it is complete and utter tripe.
    Hang on, you say that wealth is the biggest determinant of privilege then when I discuss it you say that white people are wealthier because they are the status quo/majority/standard therefore it is meaningless to compare white people with brown/black people financially. So why bring up wealth in the first place if you don't want to discuss it. Comparing rich white people to less wealthy white people discerning that the richer you're the more powerful you're and extrapolating this to other races is "horseshit". For meaningful discussion we need to compare across races, across genders and across orientations - all at the same time not within races. What you have done is akin to stating that 2+2 is 4 and then dropping the mic as though you've made quite the revelation. Lol kudos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Delusional. Being white helps EVERYWHERE in the West and even many 2nd/third world countries prefer tourists who are white than black tourists because of insidious and cultural racism. Go to India in the summer with a black friend and tell him/her you're both equal.
    ...? People don't care much about the skin color of tourists that come, profit is profit regardless of their skin color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pulling facts from your asshole doesn't make for good source material, OP.

Do you even understand what privilege is? What it actually entitles in this context? I'm thinking it is a no because there is no fucking way on this earth that homosexuality has ever been a privileged group.

Show me this magical land of entitlement and privilege please. I'll buy a ticket and be the first to head to such a place.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Hang on, you say that wealth is the biggest determinant of privilege then when I discuss it you say that white people are wealthier because they are the status quo/majority/standard therefore it is meaningless to compare white people with brown/black people financially. So why bring up wealth in the first place if you don't want to discuss it. Comparing rich white people to less wealthy white people discerning that the richer you're the more powerful you're and extrapolating this to other races is "horseshit". For meaningful discussion we need to compare across races, across genders and across orientations - all at the same time not within races. What you have done is akin to stating that 2+2 is 4 and then dropping the mic as though you've made quite the revelation. Lol kudos
    Says the individual that rants on about how gays of all people have greater privilege while just about every last other individual would argue the contrary.

You want to sit here and try to discuss things in an abstract, ass-backwards manner. You want to equate the rich to the poor; yet neither shall meet in the middle, period, and that's what you fail to understand - they simply can't. That betwixt the poor white man and poor black men is a gap only imagined by the elite. There is no divide. Poor is poor. Rich is rich. One holds power while the other suffers beneath that power.

Being white or being black doesn't mean anything when you're poor. You're both poor. You're both powerless. You both lack privilege. One might believe otherwise but that belief does not change reality itself. So going off on a tangent about gays while ignoring the biggest factor in determining one's privilege(wealth) makes you not only look like a fool but someone simply trying to stir up the pot.

LOL KUDOS ETC IMPORT STUPID SNARKY REMARK ---> HERE <---

Fucking sick of this shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    How would you correctly quantify privilege? Even when using a scoring model your weightings would still be influenced by bias. So this poll and the OP are giving me the impression that it's all down to "Please, I urge you to agree with me on that gays are absurdly privileged - like epitome of privilege. Period."
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    The upper class.

Stop being so obsessed with who people fuck and which genitals they use to do it.
    ^^^ Money = Power. If we want to talk about least we can do that given your demographic starts to matter a lot the further down you go on the food chain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Pulling facts from your asshole doesn't make for good source material, OP.

Do you even understand what privilege is? What it actually entitles in this context? I'm thinking it is a no because there is no fucking way on this earth that homosexuality has ever been a privileged group.

Show me this magical land of entitlement and privilege please. I'll buy a ticket and be the first to head to such a place.
    That OP has a history of uhmm, ya know posts. :3

Whatever Shinra is, I've never seen someone so prejudice before. The fact that he is allowed to spew his insanity just shows how privileged he is.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-07 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most privileged group isn't going to vote for itself.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "I don't vote on bait/shitpost polls" option?

Deleted
    I don't even get why many people are bringing up this same objection. There are different layers of privilege and even poor people (working class imo) have varying nuances of privilege, that is, status and power. Plus most people are not rich so by logic everyone is already on a level playing field. This wealth discussion is a red herring from privileged white straight/gay men in a bid to distract from their own privilege and have everyone sing along and direct their hate towards the 1%, wall street and corporations. /Yawn

Finally, I want to mention that a white people are richer on the whole than minorities so yes skin colour (and the privilege it grants) plays a major role on financial outlook, from inheritance, whites receiving better education and thus getting higher paying jobs and subsequently living in better/family oriented neighbourhoods.
    Probably because the topic is pointless and attempting to simplify complex issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Combining two banned topics (gender and race) into one thread doesn't get around the banned topics rules. Locking this here.