Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There is a cat that lives in the autopart shop a few blocks down. he is so soft. I approve of more cats

I guess they never heard of dcon in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So trained... feral cats?
    Cats do also thend to be somewhat territorial. Won't that be a problem?
    So...you're first problem was that they won't stay in the neighbourhood...
    Your second problem is that they are too territorial...

Seems like you're just trying to look for problems.

They're used on farms around here all of the time. Just spay and neuter them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Not deep dish.
    I don't think these cats are prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So trained... feral cats?
    Cats do also thend to be somewhat territorial. Won't that be a problem?
    Both of these problems are generally issues with intact cats (specifically, male cats). These cats are almost certainly spayed and neutered, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Just roll with it. The important part was that I got to make a joke about Bears in Chicago. My day is complete.
    But the Bears were already a joke.

Deleted
    Screw the cats, put some Jack Russell terriers on the rats. Jack Russells are the best ratters out there, they are fucking viscous and efficient as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They used it in Australia. It was a very, very bad idea.
    The urban US ecosystem has already been exposed to cats though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Imagine living in an apartment full of rats?. I could not even fathom it. I would have DCON everywhere, rat traps, rat whatever. Rat problem would be over in about 3 days. These people?, they live with it for years and once in a while complain about it to someone who could care less.

This is personal responsibility at its most basic level, do what you can to at least protect where you sleep from disease carrying rodents. I couldn't live around people like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Imagine living in an apartment full of rats?. I could not even fathom it. I would have DCON everywhere, rat traps, rat whatever. Rat problem would be over in about 3 days. These people?, they live with it for years and once in a while complain about it to someone who could care less.

This is personal responsibility at its most basic level, do what you can to at least protect where you sleep from disease carrying rodents. I couldn't live around people like that.
    If it's any consolation, I'm sure those people and those rats wouldn't want to live around you either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    If it's any consolation, I'm sure those people and those rats wouldn't want to live around you either.
    I wish that were a contract instead of empty words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Screw the cats, put some Jack Russell terriers on the rats. Jack Russells are the best ratters out there, they are fucking viscous and efficient as hell.
    I agree they are like mini pit bulls with 10 times the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    So...you're first problem was that they won't stay in the neighbourhood...
    Your second problem is that they are too territorial...

Seems like you're just trying to look for problems.
    No, I was thinking more like only a few cats would actually stay in that area and other would be chased away by the more dominant cats.
    I'm not looking for problems, this seems like a way better solutions than poinson or doing nothing at all, I've just never heared of it befor.
    I'm would say I'm more like curious.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Both of these problems are generally issues with intact cats (specifically, male cats). These cats are almost certainly spayed and neutered, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Yeah? Our neighbours cat is neutered and he murders other cats that gets close to their house. There might be something wrong with him, though. I've seen that little beast try to pick fights with dogs, horses and even people.

I'd love to hear how this works out. Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They used it in Australia. It was a very, very bad idea.
    Well, that was more to do with a lack of proper understanding of the environment / eccosystem. Sailors introduced rats, which had no natural enemies. so someone thinks, hey, lets introduce cats to kill the rats. problem is, there were easier things for the cats to eat, so the cats ignored the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    What if the cats become the new rats? Introduce feral snakes?
    Then feral gorillas, to get those pesky snakes?
    That's silly. Polar bears, obviously.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    You know that you live in a hellhole when they deliberately introduce feral cats to improve your quality of life.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/feline-f...eep-rats-away/

CHICAGO -- Got rats? Meet the exterminators. Hundreds of cats are being hired and put to work at local homes and businesses,CBS Chicago reported.

There's a waiting list for the cats, and a lot of the people on that list live near soon-to-be demolished buildings like the Children's Memorial Hospital in in Lincoln Park. When the building comes down, the rat problem is expected to get worse.

Venkman lives and labors among the barrels of beer and sacks of grain in the Empirical Brewery...

Like the 500 other working cats in Chicago, they were scheduled to be euthanized, but then rescued from animal shelters and sent to places like businesses, factories and homes.
    I feel like people in these regions will just abuse the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They were all scheduled to be euthanized originally before being rescued for the program.
    The Suicide Squad of the cat world.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Cats given jobs, Dogs with jobs at airports scaring birds. It is only a matter of time people.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Well, I use D-con and they still come around on occasion. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    I feel like people in these regions will just abuse the cats.
    Lincoln Park is one of our better neighborhoods. The cats are also fearful of humans so the chances of actually seeing one let alone being able to get close to one is fairly low.