Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crazed woman attacks police with medieval ax

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/tbi-responds-to-officer-involved-shooting-in-gallatin

GALLATIN, Tenn. - A woman was shot and killed Wednesday morning after getting into an altercation with officers in Sumner County.

Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Laronda Sweatt was fatally shot by a responding officer after she hit a deputy with a medieval ax.
    My hometown... I heard a crapload of sirens yesterday and I wondered what was going on, but I certainly didn't expect this.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/bod...olved-shootinghttp://www.newschannel5.com/news/bod...olved-shooting

10+ Year Old Account
    Tennessee and not Florida? Disappoint...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

She doesn't look like the typical medieval axe owning person, wonder where she got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Don't attack a police officer with an Ax.

Side note, all cops should have to wear some sort of body cam and have cams in cars. Look how easy this made this case.
    I disagree, its not worth the cost for all police to wear body cams. Not to mention body cameras aren't made in the usa.

She's definitely a sword swinger.
    I call shenanigans!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I disagree, its not worth the cost for all police to wear body cams. Not to mention body cameras aren't made in the usa.
    Okay, curiosity got the better of me.. i'll bite, why would that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Okay, curiosity got the better of me.. i'll bite, why would that matter?
    All police equipment should be made in the usa. Now if they are made in the usa, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

Shall not be infringed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    All police equipment should be made in the usa. Now if they are made in the usa, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.
    Again, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

At least it wasn't medieval axe body spray.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Again, why?
    Because 'Murica.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, why?
    This is what happens when you feed the trolls.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Again, why?
    We probably both know why and we probably also know that it's not worth any further effort .

Apparently body cameras are made in the usa, so go ahead and supply them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We probably both know why and we probably also know that it's not worth any further effort .
    In the western sphere, it's really only USA, Britain and France who would be douchebackish and cowardly enough to spy on their own allies.

Germany bodycams would be more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Don't attack a police officer with an Ax.

Side note, all cops should have to wear some sort of body cam and have cams in cars. Look how easy this made this case.
    I'm sure this is not nearly over. Although it is clear the officer acted with professionalism and reasonable restraint, there will naturally be insinuations and possibly BLM rioters aplenty. Maybe the ACLU will get involved, because you know, an axe wielding violent perpetrator naturally didn't pose a threat to anyone. <rolls eyes>

10+ Year Old Account
    The sheriff was lucky. An axe is an abysmal weapon for a 120-pound untrained civilian to use against a fast, unarmored target, such as a 21st century combat-trained human. Seriously, she hit the guy and he was able to escape and use his radio. I'm not seeing that happen with even a chef's knife.

Incidentally, I hope the cop that shot her isn't fired or anything. Once you hit the first cop with a deadly weapon, sorry, but I don't want the other cops taking chances. I know she's mentally ill (as if "attacked a cop with an axe" wasn't enough of a clue) but she was a danger to herself and others. The conversation probably went like this:

"You okay buddy?"
    "Oddly enough for someone hit by an axe, yes."
    "Okay miss, drop the axe."
    "No."
    "Okay." *BANG* *BANG*

The story refers to people saying "why didn't they use a taser?" to which the obvious answer is "Because she hit a cop with an axe!" People are saying "But she was mentally ill!" to which the obvious answer is "Yes, mentally ill AND violent AND she had an axe!" They're saying "Oh, they shot her in front of her kids" to which the obvious response is "She attacked a cop with an axe in front of her kids. I think the 'traumatized' ship has sailed, and quite frankly, maybe the kids would be better off without an evicted mentally ill violent axe-wielding mother."

Ugh. Sorry, I'm not mad at you guys. I'm mad at the second half of the story, which seems to be intentionally tear-jerking or playing on "cops shoot first never ask questions" fearmongering. Fuck that shit, she attacked a cop with an axe. A cop who didn't immediately shoot her, but called for backup to give her another chance. Which she threatened. With an axe, that literally had police blood on it. Only then did they shoot her. That's already far more generous than I would have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I'm sure this is not nearly over. Although it is clear the officer acted with professionalism and reasonable restraint, there will naturally be insinuations and possibly BLM rioters aplenty.
    I have never once criticized BLM, but if they pull the race card on this, they will lose any respect I've given them so far. When a mentally ill violent person attacks her second cop with an axe, her skin color is no longer anyone's concern.

I blame the show Vikings. Also seeing her size I wouldn't have shot her (I'm not saying the cop is wrong for doing it) I would take the opportunity to beat her down. How good could she possibly be with that axe
    Last edited by Drusyn; 2016-04-08 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "why didn't they use a taser?" .
    Actually, the article refers to a 'taster', which provides quite hilarious mental images.

"It could have been avoided. That's what tasters are for."

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

The axe she had is ridiculous lol. It looks like the fury warrior legion weapon. Here's the body camera footage.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/...olved-shooting

Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-04-08 at 05:47 AM.

Seems pretty cut and dry. She engaged, he retreated and ordered her to stand down, she advanced, he backed up more still ordering her to back down. He didn't fire until he backed up into the other officer's car and could no longer safely retreat.