Deleted

SSD need 3rd party device manager program

i cant access device manager on my pc is there a 3rd party program in which i can access the device section of my pc and make the space of the SSD allocated cos i think the issue is with the space being unallocated, please help and list a program that does this ive tried google searching for about 40 minutes and didnt find anything, im not that tecchy to know sites where programs like these are.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple questions.

1) When you say you can't access the device manager, why? Is it missing, or is it restricted, or what?
    2) When you say "Make the space of the SSD allocated" what do you mean? Is part of the drive not partitioned? Is it the main C drive? More details would help.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    1. it just wont open, no error or nothing

2. the drive isnt partioned at all and its not the main drive

so im guessing i need a drive partion tool if you know any of them please link the website for me

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd worry about getting your device manager working rather than looking for a program so you can ignore the problem.

If you would really prefer to just use some 3rd party tool, I'm sure a simple Google search for drive partitioners would work.

if you cant right click my computer -> properties -> device manager, your computer is infected by a virus probably and you will need to format and reinstall.

anyways, if you need to initialize a brand new ssd to get it to show and be able to format, run... -> dskmgmt.msc -> your ssd will show there, granted you have the cables correctly connected

10+ Year Old Account
    So you click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager and... just nothing happens? (Does something other than what I describe happen?)

That said, that wont' get you to partition it anyway.

You'll want to go Start > Right-click on Computer (Or 'My Computer') > Click Manage > Disk Management
    OR
    Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.. And from there you can select the drive and intialize/format it.

Is it a brand new drive? What is your current setup?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    your computer is infected by a virus probably and you will need to format and reinstall.
    No, you won't need to reinstall -_-
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    i cant access google or anything due to internet filter on my pc cos of paranoia but if anyone could link me a partion program thats reputable id be grateful

- - - Updated - - -

can close this topic now i have acronis backup and one of the tools is add new disk thanks for your help anyways