Poll: Are the new Artifact Skins going to be on the Cash Shop?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    artifact skins would be hard to sell if they are only intending for us to have them for one expansion

I seriously doubt that they will be in the cash shop because there are quests associated with the 6th Artifact Appearances.

For example Rogues get Thunderfury Reborn, and there have been a couple datamined things that relate to it. Damaged Thunderfury and Heart of Skywall.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't be able to use the skin you paid for in future expansions. Unless of course they allow you use your artifact weapons for transmogs (highly doubtful).

Er..... they didn't even make a garrison app because it was a one expansion feature. And you think they're going to make TEMPORARY cosmetics cost real money? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it since your artifact won't carry on for future expansions.

Deleted
    I hope they dont pull a stupid stunt like that, it would alienate a bunc hof people that are already pissed that the shop even exists.

I know they put up special head transmogs, but that was once as it seems they havent tried that again.

Deleted
    I actually doubt that, since isn't unlocking those extra skins pretty much the only aspect about the artifacts that offer any kind of longevity?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I -very- much doubt they would do that considering the shitstorm that would follow. Would also take away a lot of the time spent working towards unlocking them all.

Is anyone concerned the recent 6th arti skins will be store purchases?

For folks who have been paying attention to the datamining of alpha updates, we've seen that many artifacts have been getting a 6th visual. In many cases, this new look is a pretty big departure from the existing 5 looks (an axe instead of a sword, for example). Also, and this is subjective, but some of the new 6th models look to be a bit, I don't know.. flashier? Like they have more particle effects are an overall more striking design than the other 5 versions. Or, in some cases, they are specific popular models that people have wanted, such as Thunderfury for outlaw rogues or the Gorehowl-esque axe model for Fury warriors. We also, as of yet, have no idea how these models are going to be earned, while we do have some idea of the unlock requirements for all of the other skins.

So given the above, am I the only one who is donning my tinfoil and worried that these new looks might be locked behind cosmetic purchases, and not able to be earned in-game? Obviously there isn't really anything we know yet that points to that being the case, but it is technically in the realm of possibility and if it is something Blizzard is considering I would hope they don't go through with it.

Deleted
    As long as players can get other artifacts appreances in game, I don't see the problem with Blizz selling some on the shop.
    Just like mounts or pets.

Also, the sixth variaton seems to be related to mythic raiding, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    As long as players can get other artifacts appreances in game, I don't see the problem with Blizz selling some on the shop.

Also, the sixth variaton seems to be related to mythic raiding, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
    I... have a problem with it. I want all the content of the game to be avaliable in-game, because I don't want to spend more than the box + sub. If they place things in the cash shop, it is development time that, in my opinion, should've been spent in things achievable for the game, because I like those more.

The above is pure personal opinion about the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you would even consider it. There's also the fact, once Legion is over, the skins will be meaningless.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    That would really be a disgusting move by Blizzard, imo. Hope it won't be the case.

It's fucking blizzard if they tried half as hard as the final fantasy developers im sure that wow would still have like 10 million subs but; they're like haha we can make more money selling artifact skins to people who will struggle with 4 buttons on their keyboard and then selling packs of cards to said people in hearthstone!

I can't really see them selling temporary cosmetic things. At least the pets and mounts and stupid transmog helms are yours to keep forever.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post

Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2016-04-08 at 04:00 PM.

Some people would allow it. I, for one, am kinda tired of the multiple-dipping that Blizzard has going on.

No other game could get away with it. Blizzard better be happy that they have the most loyal players on their side who are okay with this sort of thing.

...No, not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamm View Post
    It's fucking blizzard if they tried half as hard as the final fantasy developers im sure that wow would still have like 10 million subs but; they're like haha we can make more money selling artifact skins to people who will struggle with 4 buttons on their keyboard and then selling packs of cards to said people in hearthstone!
    First of all the skin would only be temporary since after Legion you won't use the artifact weapon anymore. Also Hearthstone is a FTP game so they have to sell cards for $. They have to make money somehow.

But hey rant foolishly if you want.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't know why you would even consider it. There's also the fact, once Legion is over, the skins will be meaningless.
    Who says the Artifact skins we unlock will be going away after the expansion?