Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm almost 27 and I didn't achieve as much as I would like to. I do have it better than majority of people of my age or even older, even better than many Americans, but that's not enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I don't think you were married and have a kid with who you are married with who don't want to move. :/
    Hmm, yes, that complicates things... Still, people who really want to move somewhere have a good chance to find a way eventually. Don't give up!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Its silly to have goals imo, it limits you. We change as we grow, goals included.

Ill say this much, if you are happy you are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Thing in life is though, you gotta know WHAT you want and then work actively TOWARDS it.
    Persistence is key. I used to have this idea that because I was naturally better than others at some things I would naturally receive my rewards. I couldn't have been more wrong. The world doesn't give a fuck about you, it only cares about what you can do for it, and if you don't persist with your efforts then you'll be left behind with all those others who thought the world owed them a living.

You don't need some grand overarching plan for life, but you do need to focus on where you're going today, tomorrow, next week, next month etc. Do that and your life will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Persistence is key. I used to have this idea that because I was naturally better than others at some things I would naturally receive my rewards. I couldn't have been more wrong. The world doesn't give a fuck about you, it only cares about what you can do for it, and if you don't persist with your efforts then you'll be left behind with all those others who thought the world owed them a living.

You don't need some grand overarching plan for life, but you do need to focus on where you're going today, tomorrow, next week, next month etc. Do that and your life will take care of itself.
    You care too much about what people think of you.

I like this scenario to prove a point:

a.You can solve the worlds problems alone but you get no recognition
    b.You become "famous" through whatever path you choose in life

Are you strong enough to make the right choice and be happy with it? I know it fights against human nature and our culture, but do you want to be great or self serving?

I achieved so much that I feel so old, though I'm so young... But there are still some achievements waiting for me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You care too much about what people think of you.

I like this scenario to prove a point:

a.You can solve the worlds problems alone but you get no recognition
    b.You become "famous" through whatever path you choose in life

Are you strong enough to make the right choice and be happy with it? I know it fights against human nature and our culture, but do you want to be great or self serving?
    I'm not sure why you got that from my post. What I was trying to say was that life tends to reward those who keep trying, which is a cliche, but it's true. It's not enough simply to be qualified or talented. The difference between a published novelist and a hobbyist writer is often that the former kept mailing synopses after their 20th rejection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only 20 and achieved nothing.

All my "goals" are way too high. I'm a pessimist. Wonder why I haven't achieved anything! ^_^

I'm not sure why you got that from my post. What I was trying to say was that life tends to reward those who keep trying, which is a cliche, but it's true. It's not enough simply to be qualified or talented. The difference between a published novelist and a hobbyist writer is often that the former kept mailing synopses after their 20th rejection.
    Twas a bad post to quote. I had something in my head and had to put it into words lol.

As an aside, breaks happen when you know someone in the industry. If it is that important to you, lie steal cheat claw your way in......that's unfortunately how the world works.

I graduated with a degree in accounting and worked as an auditor for one year and absolutely hated it. I never enjoyed accounting in school and felt like I was wasting my time. I decided to quit my job to try to get into medical school because it's a lot more challenging and sciences have always interested me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Are you me?
    Yes, I realized we were pretty similar. So whats the plan? How do you/we break this stagnation?

What I need is some activity or hobbie to feel passionate about, something where you can make progress. Im aslo intrested in politics and have thought about joining a new and small party. Other more hobbie like activities would be fencing and Warhammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    No, don't think I ever will unless I am lucky.
    Well then I wish you the best of luck in achieving your dream.

If you truly want this, maybe here's some advice:
    Since you already know English good it seems, you should save some money (like 5-10k$) first (and of course passport, visa etc, alas here I don't know what to tell you since I don't know your country's laws)
    Then try to find a job and a place to stay there before leaving. For jobs there's Skype interviews and stuff like that and for house there's companies you can pay to have someone sent to a house to check that the advertisement is not true. After you are 90% sure of landing the job, get the rent. It doesn't need to be a super house at start, just a 1-room apartment until you get settled in properly. Even if you don't land the first job, with the money you have you can live 3-6 months ok there and in that time you can search another job.

Once you got the job and housing, you just need to learn the stuff they need for citizenship if you want it and it's easier to do it while actually being there.

Good luck!

Not yet, unfortunately: https://www.actionforme.org.uk/what-is-me/introduction/

You just have to manage it as best you can. It's shitty but life goes on.
    From what I read on that site, there's still chances for some recovery, so hope you are from the lucky ones that have the luck. I don't know what else to say unfortunately. Indeed, life does go on.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you were married and have a kid with who you are married with who don't want to move. :/
    Ah, I see, the problem is another then. Well, don't know what to say, maybe you could plan a trip to the USA with your spouse to the places you'd know are nice and good to maybe help her develop a better opinion of what you like about the USA. Who knows, maybe she'll change her mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blodkorven View Post
    Yes, I realized we were pretty similar. So whats the plan? How do you/we break this stagnation?

What I need is some activity or hobbie to feel passionate about, something where you can make progress. Im aslo intrested in politics and have thought about joining a new and small party. Other more hobbie like activities would be fencing and Warhammer.
    Well, I realized there's no grand plan to break stagnation. I quit my job and am about to get a better one now. I generally feel that even if I have few friends, I have better quality of friends, so work on that too, make sure that at least the friends you have are great friends, even if they're few.

For girlfriend... I joined a dating site. Haven't yet had time to try dates due to finishing up with my former job and the process of finding a new one, but I'm optimist. Try it out too, I saw there's women from Sweden too on OkCupid (I first checked a Europe-wide search to check out what kind of women "think alike" me from all over Europe, seems you can find people alike you everywhere). You could try it out. If you're somewhat more introverted or shy, like me, it may be easier to talk online for a while, to see if you click before even the first actual date.

Travelling I'm not sure.
    You could try joining a political party too indeed, especially since you're in Sweden and don't have my problem with corruption like Romania especially since small parties are a bit more united.

By the way, I tried fencing too when I was younger, they never wanted to give me a spade as they said I was too small so I gave up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I'm 26. I'm still quite young.

But I remember years ago when I would see a movie with young adults and look at their info on the net I'd see ages over mine by quite a few years. Well today I had a sort of a shock. I started watching the Shannara Chronicles and looked up the main cast and their ages. 25; 25; 22 - now, for you it might not seem like much, but for me it was quite unexpected. All these people were younger than me and had done quite a lot with their lives, ended starring in a serial which is quite nice and might actually be successful in the future. In the meantime I just finished a university and had a crappy job for almost 3 years. It's not nothing but... I still feel like I haven't achieved much.
    Now, as I said, I'm still 26, but I still feel like I may not moving fast enough in a direction I like and I feel like I'm somewhat stagnating and don't know why. I just feel lost somewhat.

What about you?
    On the plus side, most of the Cos cast will be washed up on crack by the time they are 40! Yay, you win!

You see how dumb this form of mental self-torture is?

Deleted
    Consider the only achievement I want is to have a wife, kids and a roof over their heads with enough money to enjoy yourself a little without going in debt...no I haven't achieved what I want. (oh, and be happy while doing so ofc)

I don't want to achieve a lot, though some say it's both the smallest achievement and greatest achievement a person can have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Its silly to have goals imo, it limits you. We change as we grow, goals included.

Ill say this much, if you are happy you are winning.
    It depends what kind of goals...if you sacrifice things that possibly make you happy, yes it's a shitty goal and it limits you.

I regret not having achieved more, younger, but things are coming together now at 29.
    Permanent job, new car, new house soon.

I still haven't met a significant other, but with the job stability I hope to travel more, meet new people and do things I haven't had the money for

Not at all. I have some regrets about choices I made early on in life, but that's just the way things work out sometimes.

Often people have the wrong goals for themselves- impossible or impractical ones. Wanting to achieve something amazing is great but also you can achieve a lot if you set your template realistically and progressively throughout your life.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have or have ever had any goals. There's nothing to achieve than simply living another day. So I have achieved everything.