Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    To me, there's nothing like assaulting an objective point on D.Va hitting boosters and shoving an exploding mech down the enemy team's throat. She's probably my favorite to play on attack objectives. Reinhardt is usually my secondary when my team needs a bit more meatshield to push a point. And when it comes to defense, Torb is amazing.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Tracer: Run and gun, with teleport harass. I loved diving on players, chucking the mine then rewinding

Pharah: I do work with her. Countless times I got many grimy kills by rocket jumping and sniping people with her rpg.

Genji: The "Bad Bastion" killer. I run straight line at these turret fools and reflect. They're a new player so they just keep spraying and kill themselves.

-------------
    Mei: Ice walls are great for blocking, and she's a perfect team fight harasser. her ultimate is fantastic on objective points.

Junkrat: Many hours of playing Demoman in TF2 prepared me for him. His ULT gave me too many kills.

------------

Reinhardt: I used him or Roadhog when a tank was needed. While I like Hog's hook, Rein was my choice at level 1. His charge was so much fun to land.

-----------

Mercy: My favorite healer. True support, obnoxious Ult.

Lucio: I didn't care for him, but i loved his knockback gun on any environment area

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tracer uses enough Slowpoke-isms in her dialogue for her to be the easy choice here on aesthetics. But I'll throw Reaper in there for the cold execution playstyle he has.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I was enjoying D.Va, Junkrat, Soldier: 76, Widowmaker, Pharah (especially), and Hanzo.

I kinda wanted to stick with a small pool of players at first. I tried Roadhog but he just didn't seem to click for me.

After playing the stress test, I can categorically tell all yo fools that Tracer is by far the most fun to play.

zarya is my waifu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Junkrat on offense. I didn't initially like this guy but I do better with him than any other character. Hiding behind cover and lobbing the indirect fire into an objective is good stuff. He excels at taking out snipers too.

Bastion or Trob on defense. I like Bastion better on R66, either one on Hanamura, and Trob on any other map.

I don't like tanking, and I don't like melee. That said Rein is superior to any tank when your team actually works together. Sitting on the payload speeding along forces the other team to commit to killing you and ignoring your teammates. He's pretty essential for getting out of the entrance on some maps with focused sniper and turret fire coming in. Positioning him in front of your own turrets is a solid defense. Hell any team that moves as a group behind him killing things seems to be a great strategy in general. On offense on Hanamura I've had a lot of success having the whole team except for the one random person who decides to do their own thing follow Rein down the right side street and rushing from there to A. It seems to take the defense too long to either reposition or realize that everyone but the 1 random person is pushing that way, and by then you're holding A and effectively get to play the defender for a bit.

I need a lot of practice on Hanzo. Every time I'm up against him I get shut down by master snipers who I swear are shooting magic tracking arrows with my name on them. He is an absolute beast that I fear a lot more than Widowmaker. That said I'm garbage playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    I need a lot of practice on Hanzo. Every time I'm up against him I get shut down by master snipers who I swear are shooting magic tracking arrows with my name on them. He is an absolute beast that I fear a lot more than Widowmaker. That said I'm garbage playing him.
    Yeah whenever I see the kill cam from a Hanzo its 2 strands of my hair nudging out of a corner somewhere and he casually mouses in my direction for half a sec, lets loose an arrow and it's an immediate headshot. NBD.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I found myself more entertained by reaper, Solier 76 and Junkrat.

Nowhere near mastering them, but i really find their gameplay fun. Absolutely need to get more playtime with Tanks and support heroes, aswell a sniper at least.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    So here's a ranting thread, if you were to play Overwatch what hero(es) would you want to play the most and why?
    1. Widowmaker - As a Counter-Strike player this feels familiar, but still with a very fresh and unique take on sniping. The sniper rifle itself while scooped in is pretty much like any other sniper, but when they get too close you can just unscope and defend yourself with a light assault rifle just as you'd swap to pistol on CS.
    You have the venom mine to cover your back just as you could use smoke/molotov grenades, and this one even alerts you that someone is coming by showing "Triggered" on your interface if someone sets it off.
    And of course we got the grappling hook that makes this sniper so unique compared to others I've played. It will allow you to get up close in order to get a visual on your targets if the situation requires it and then quickly allow you to travel to safety. And of course get you into good positions and keep you off the ground to avoid heroes like Tracer that are mostly stuck on ground level.
    Quick scoping doesn't look like it will be a thing though since she needs to charge her rifle up.

2. Tracer - Reminds me of Tanya in Red Alert 3 with her ability to rewind time for herself only, and with the dual pistols of course. Very fast gameplay, and the rewind ability looks like it could allow for some really great plays. The kind of hero where you'll be up in your enemy faces and still able to get away with it. Really looking forward to trying her.

3. D.Va - The only tank I think look really fun to play. Can fly and just land right behind the enemy team, and as a tank soak some damage and disrupt them for a while with her Defense Matrix or whatever it was called. Great ultimate as well for clearing out areas, even if you don't get a kill with it. And having two lifes sort of is cool as well.

And maybe Genji and McCree as well. Genji looks really fun to try to bait a team into shooting him just to reflect it all back to one single guy. But looks like most of Genjis gameplay is to just run around spamming shurikens. McCrees revolver looks like it would be really satisfying getting kills with, but besides that he doesn't have any really interesting abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Yeah whenever I see the kill cam from a Hanzo its 2 strands of my hair nudging out of a corner somewhere and he casually mouses in my direction for half a sec, lets loose an arrow and it's an immediate headshot. NBD.
    It reminds me of that "Most interesting man in the world" meme: I don't always play video games, but when I do... followed by a string of profanities. I caught myself screaming at my computer giving it the double middle finger more than once over Hanzo kills. I never get that way with Widowmaker snipes or not being able to get past a turreted up defense point. But for some reason Hanzo really brings out my inner 13 year old rage machine.

Tracer - Once learned you can pull off CRAZZYYY pulse bomb-Recall combos. Not to mention if Tracer gets knocked off the edge of a map she can recall back up and blink away for safety.

Junkrat - I use to main this guy back in early 2015, but the riptire at first kept dying so easily then it got buffed early 2016, but then it got nerfed again back to its original state which is lame because his ult is now pretty much useless due to the fact it dies so easily. However, on defensive maps like Temple of Anubis, King's Row, Hanamura and Dorado he can clutch defend pretty well.

- Pro-Tip, if Junkrat gets knocked off the edge you can throw your mine below yourself and detonate it quickly and jump back up to safety.
    - Pro-Tip, combo Mine and trap over a health pickup and BOOM once you see your trap triggered, BLOW someone up! - the health pickup will hide the mine and trap

Mercy - What can I say, I love healing sometimes!