Deleted

How are mounts really tracked?

I just cannot find a reliable answer as everyone has differing opinions.

1. Do opposite faction mounts count towards an achievement?
    2. Do profession mounts count?
    3. Do class mounts count?

I have 237 on my Warrior. I logged onto my Paladin and he has 237 when he should have 239 (I remember logging into my Paladin to get 200 as I thought class mounts counted. Don't they now?)

This is apparently from a GM:

'This achievement can be earned, only when you have 250 usable mounts on current character'

Wouldn't that mean I could go buy all the mounts I don't have on Horde and it should count? Why then after just testing it and buying an Ochre skeletal warhorse did my tracker not go up?

Help greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    I'm just really worried I've been an idiot and haven't gotten some incredibly easy mounts.

Okay. Let's say I have 237 mounts. The tracker is going to show that regardless of character. (which sucks) Now because I am Alliance what would happen if I went around buying all the wolf mounts from orgrimmar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I'm just really worried I've been an idiot and haven't gotten some incredibly easy mounts.

Okay. Let's say I have 237 mounts. The tracker is going to show that regardless of character. (which sucks) Now because I am Alliance what would happen if I went around buying all the wolf mounts from orgrimmar?
    Nothing. They don't count unless it gives you more mounts Horde-side than you'd have on an Alliance character (which it won't if you already have all the Alliance faction mounts).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Nothing. They don't count unless it gives you more mounts Horde-side than you'd have on an Alliance character (which it won't if you already have all the Alliance faction mounts).
    Shouldn't I already have the horde mounts, by the way? If I faction change my alliance mounts would get converted to the appropriate horde mounts, therefore wouldn't I own them all?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just cannot find a reliable answer as everyone has differing opinions.

1. Do opposite faction mounts count towards an achievement?
    2. Do profession mounts count?
    3. Do class mounts count?

I have 237 on my Warrior. I logged onto my Paladin and he has 237 when he should have 239 (I remember logging into my Paladin to get 200 as I thought class mounts counted. Don't they now?)

This is apparently from a GM:

'This achievement can be earned, only when you have 250 usable mounts on current character'

Wouldn't that mean I could go buy all the mounts I don't have on Horde and it should count? Why then after just testing it and buying an Ochre skeletal warhorse did my tracker not go up?

Help greatly appreciated.
    opposite faction mounts do not count, profession mounts that you cannot use do not count... It's been covered before... best way to get the highest mount count with the least effort... paladin with engineering and tailoring... Paladins have at least one class mount (like warlock and DK) BUT, also have access to Argent Charger (pally only mount from Argent Tournament) and engineering and tailoring mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing... your 237 would stay the same because its 250 USABLE mounts on any character... if you are an alliance character then you cant use Horde mounts and thus they wouldn't count.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't I already have the horde mounts, by the way? If I faction change my alliance mounts would get converted to the appropriate horde mounts, therefore wouldn't I own them all?
    It definitely did back when they first released the system, but it doesn't seem to now. When I switched back to Alliance mid-WoD I had to rebuy all of the Alliance faction mounts (which I had before, by the way, along with all of the Horde ones--no idea when I lost them).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was stuck at 249 mounts for a longggg time. Was struggling to find one more for achieve. Then randomly one day I logged onto my paladin I never play and achievement popped. Felt like an idiot.

sig made by BeastyBeauty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    I was stuck at 249 mounts for a longggg time. Was struggling to find one more for achieve. Then randomly one day I logged onto my paladin I never play and achievement popped. Felt like an idiot.
    So that's the other thing, why is my Paladin showing the same number of mounts as my Warrior? I remember logging into my Paladin for 200 achiev, now the tracker is staying the same at 237 when it should be 239. I haven't got anymore profession mounts on my warrior.

Edit: My total on the mount pane is 250 on my warrior and 252 on my Paladin bit it still shows 237 on both characters when it should show 239 on the pala.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2016-04-09 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: My total on the mount pane is 250 on my warrior and 252 on my Paladin bit it still shows 237 on both characters when it should show 239 on the pala.
    As someone else in the thread said, the count never drops. When you logged onto your paladin, the achievement counter went up by two. It won't go back down again when you log into another character. That means that there are 235 being counted for your warrior and 237 for your paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    As someone else in the thread said, the count never drops. When you logged onto your paladin, the achievement counter went up by two. It won't go back down again when you log into another character. That means that there are 235 being counted for your warrior and 237 for your paladin.
    I'm being really slow tonight. Thanks for the help everyone.

Edit: I wonder if that's a recent change as I remember my warrior always being 2 behind.