Fastest way to obtain PvP gear? Solo Play

Hello

I haven't played WoD in ages. I recently subscribed and I want to gear my warrior for PvP as fast as possible as a solo player. Should I do Ashram? Should I focus on BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    Hello

I haven't played WoD in ages. I recently subscribed and I want to gear my warrior for PvP as fast as possible as a solo player. Should I do Ashram? Should I focus on BGs?
    Ashran; you dont even need to PvP to get full honor gear in 5-6 hours. Gather the treasures (tree stump, adventurers pack, etc) which have between 40-140 artifact fragments each, and farm mobs in the two "behind enemy lines" zones (ABG and MQ if Horde, AoA and BR if Alliance) where the 'Fortune Favors the Bold' buff doubles the fragments dropped. Turn in frequently, avoid enemy players. You can easily net 6-7K honor an hour that way. *If* your team is winning events, hang with them and get the fast conquest; also domthe daily bonus objectives in the event areas for another fast 750 honor.

I jist geared a fresh 100 paladin in about five hours /played last week. Its super easy.

pick pocketing in ashran is pretty good for getting honor fast.

I walked my arcane (lol) mage into ashran for about 5 hours in a losing ashran friday. Saturday i played maybe 7 hours on and off with a 50% winning percentage in ashran. Today I didn't log in except to collect gladiator sanctum stuff from the ashran bones. Gladiator Sanctum went up on Saturday. I'm now in full pvp blues 700 ilvl 730 for pvp with 2 purples and like 1000 conquest.

Gear is just free now even as an arcane mage in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybaby View Post
    pick pocketing in ashran is pretty good for getting honor fast.
    Look at this silly prick. He thinks he's giving out a pro tip. OP said he's a warrior... Learn to read you useless cunt.

OP the best way is def through ashran. Do as caliph said.

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2016-04-11 at 08:46 AM.

Honestly, if you want to actually PvP and learn your class a bit, I suggest random bg's over ashran. Especially during the bonus event. During the bonus event, honor flows in quickly and the strong boxes can hold gear as well. Azhran is good if you're winning a lot. Sadly, you wont get too much practice that way since you will be in a very large group of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Your first weekly Tol Barad win awards quite a lot of honor as well, just don't forget to pick up the quest. Since that place is dead on most servers from my own experience, it won't take more than 5-15 mins.

Ashran is your best bet, or wait until the next Battlegrounds event that starts on May 10th.

Deleted
    Ashran is the best in fast obtaining gear Imo. Especially when You have no gear at all, runing BGs can hurt.
    You must be in wining team tho.

Deleted
    Champion's Honor from AH is by far fastest method :P I dunno why people suggest some ashran/bg farm..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Champion's Honor from AH is by far fastest method :P I dunno why people suggest some ashran/bg farm..
    If you have the gold, it's easily your best bet indeed.
    I'd suggest getting 10 or so, as that will get you a full set of half 740, half 730 gear for only 200k (on most realms). Enough for you to not get demoralized when trying to learn your class in BGs or to find a 2s partner in Arena to cap every week and flesh out the rest of your gear.

Since you haven't played in ages I'm going to assume you don't have the gold for it, but just so you know.

I would follow Kagthul's advice. Geared a mage to 700 ilvl after two days of Ashran. Be careful with your artifact fragments though, if you die, you lose half of them. If your faction goes Ring of Conquest, tag along, and you will get like 250 artifact fragments, I believe.

If you have the gold, Champion's Honor is another good choice, but they are very pricy. You could also buy arena boost, although some people charge about 4-500 gold for each win.

Edit: I personally wouldn't do bgs with a totally undergeared character, as you will get demolished and that sucks the fun right of the game (for me)