Poll: What do you think?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah it's one reason I could never take Pandaren RP seriously. It's just so lazy and offensive.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I just can't stand Pandaren in general. Talk about cultural appropriation. At least other races have a mix of cultures (Night elves: Japanese, Roman, Korean; Draenei: Russian, Jewish, etc.; Trolls: Jamaican, Brazilian, etc.), the Pandaren are just blatantly Chinese. But I digress.

As a role-player, I do find it annoying when a Pandaren is nearby speaking Pandaren, and it's just these "Oms" and "Noms." But considering that complaints about the language have been around since its initial inception, I doubt Blizzard is going to do anything to alleviate the issue. Just ignore it; it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're playing a walking advertisement for Panda Express, omnomnom seems appropriate to me :P

sig made by BeastyBeauty

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    RP is an optional side-part of the game. Blizzard has never introduced or changed a single thing to support RP in this game. I don't think they should start now.
    That's not entirely true...they do have RP-servers after all.

Split, as in doesn't bother me, but I don't see the reason for it either.

Pandas are kind of a joke race though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That's not entirely true...they do have RP-servers after all.
    RP servers are no different than regular servers. They're just designated places for RPers to gather.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

RP servers are no different than regular servers. They're just designated places for RPers to gather.
    It's still support for RP'ers though. And those servers have rules (naming, general chat) that other servers do not.

It's still support for RP'ers though. And those servers have rules (naming, general chat) that other servers do not.
    At the very most it's just recognition that RPers exist, that's it. They've never done anything since release to adapt the game for RPers.
    My YouTube kill vids!

At the very most it's just recognition that RPers exist, that's it. They've never done anything since release to adapt the game for RPers.
    I'm just saying they do provide a level of support.

I'm just saying they do provide a level of support.
    You're being pedantic is what you're doing. You know very well that RP servers don't count as "support" for RPers, especially when Blizzard doesn't make any mechanical changes to the game ever to support them.
    My YouTube kill vids!

You're being pedantic is what you're doing. You know very well that RP servers don't count as "support" for RPers, especially when Blizzard doesn't make any mechanical changes to the game ever to support them.
    Not sure why this is getting you so worked up. It's not pedantics. It's fact. RP servers are mechanically no different than regular servers...but they do have different rules in effect on those servers. The very fact that RP realms exist is support for RP'ers. To say otherwise is nonsense.

I am not suggesting they should re-write the Panderan language just to make RP'ers happy though.

Not sure why this is getting you so worked up. It's not pedantics. It's fact. RP servers are mechanically no different than regular servers...but they do have different rules in effect on those servers. The very fact that RP realms exist is support for RP'ers. To say otherwise is nonsense.

I am not suggesting they should re-write the Panderan language just to make RP'ers happy though.
    Who says I am getting worked up? Stop making assumptions about people. You say yourself you don't want them to re-write the language so why are you even arguing with me? RP realms exist because they add no extra work for Blizzard and they know people want them. Except for the naming conventions, there's really nothing different about those servers and it's probably just an option in a drop down menu for Blizzard devs. To say that RP realms serve as proof that Blizzard supports RP is nonsense. Support for RP would be features in game to make RP easier, or more focus on making continuity consistent and not letting people roll race/class combos that don't make sense on RP realms (Tauren Paladin, anyone?)
    My YouTube kill vids!

a language needs to be written for them. it just looks like a sloppy, left over gag and it's an indication of the quality of the designers and how much they care about the game now.

Who says I am getting worked up? Stop making assumptions about people. You say yourself you don't want them to re-write the language so why are you even arguing with me? RP realms exist because they add no extra work for Blizzard and they know people want them. Except for the naming conventions, there's really nothing different about those servers and it's probably just an option in a drop down menu for Blizzard devs. To say that RP realms serve as proof that Blizzard supports RP is nonsense. Support for RP would be features in game to make RP easier, or more focus on making continuity consistent and not letting people roll race/class combos that don't make sense on RP realms (Tauren Paladin, anyone?)
    You are the one that is making this into an argument. RP realms are support for RP'ers. People on RP realms are held to different rules than those on PVP or normal servers. That's support. RP realms require GM's to enforce those rules. Support.

Support for RP'ers does not mean they have to re-write the game specifically for their benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is that the Pandaren language is supposed to be the Mogu language, and I have a hard time believing the Mogu speaks that way. They speak more Titan than anything.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Pandaren themselves are a racist caricature, so we should be glad they dont speak "ching chang chong".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Agreed. "Om Nom Nom Om Nom Nom" isn't a language, it's just the Hamster Dance song. Which, while adorable, does not work in the least. I don't get how they left it in if they were wanting people to take the Pandaren more seriously anyway. I feel it's yet another reason why people complain about MoP, despite it being an excellent expansion chocked full of content and with many dark themes.

I RP, I like Pandaren and I find ONONOMMNONOM as very endearing. Please don't take yourself too seriously. Pandaren are just like too.