Tanaan Jungle in Legion?

I'm led to understand that the garrisons will be experiencing a major cash crunch once Legion hits. Treasure Hunter followers and cash flow from the Salvage Yard are going to be nerfed.

I'm not currently planning on leveling any alts (my altoholicism was pretty much fixed with trying to maintain six max-level alts), but I'm curious for people who end up leveling an alt through WoD.

With MoP, there was no currency (gold, garrison resources, or other currency) gate to getting to any of the open-world content. But with WoD, getting to Tanaan Jungle (at least, to the extent of being able to interact with the base; not sure about the other two factions) is dependent on having a level 3 garrison and a level 1 shipyard (IIRC?).

Has there been any news about Blizzard removing this gating for future players who want to complete all of WoD? I know they can hit level 100 before getting anywhere near everything-but-Tanaan (I hit it by Spires of Arak on my main, and my "stuck in the garrisons, having followers give me XP, and getting XP from mines/herb garden" alts got it by Gorgrond/Talador), but will they then be stuck working on their garrison for however long it takes to accumulate the gold/resources to get to level 3 garrison/level 1 shipyard?

Deleted
    You get 5k gold just from 90-100 leveling so you can upgrade your garrison pretty easily and after that it takes 30 minutes to complete a shipyard series of quests and unlock Tanaan.

It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I'm led to understand that the garrisons will be experiencing a major cash crunch once Legion hits. Treasure Hunter followers and cash flow from the Salvage Yard are going to be nerfed.

I'm not currently planning on leveling any alts (my altoholicism was pretty much fixed with trying to maintain six max-level alts), but I'm curious for people who end up leveling an alt through WoD.

With MoP, there was no currency (gold, garrison resources, or other currency) gate to getting to any of the open-world content. But with WoD, getting to Tanaan Jungle (at least, to the extent of being able to interact with the base; not sure about the other two factions) is dependent on having a level 3 garrison and a level 1 shipyard (IIRC?).

Has there been any news about Blizzard removing this gating for future players who want to complete all of WoD? I know they can hit level 100 before getting anywhere near everything-but-Tanaan (I hit it by Spires of Arak on my main, and my "stuck in the garrisons, having followers give me XP, and getting XP from mines/herb garden" alts got it by Gorgrond/Talador), but will they then be stuck working on their garrison for however long it takes to accumulate the gold/resources to get to level 3 garrison/level 1 shipyard?
    You can get to Tanaan on the first day of reaching level 100. It takes 2k Garrison resources and 5k gold to level your garrison to lv3, and just exploring Draenor and doing the garrison quests will get you the 2k resources easily. Since you won't be doing anything with the buildings in your garrison, getting level 3 will be even easier. The shipyard is available as soon as you get lv3 garrison and takes some resources and gold, and then you are provided with enough oil to make it throw the first 3 missions to build a transport and get to Tanaan and unlock the whole zone. I did this easily with 4 toons that were sitting at lv100 without a lv3 garrison for the longest time, all in a single week or two.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i fully expect once WoD becomes "old content" and the gold factory gets nerfed, as expected, they will also reduce the cost of the WoD garrisons to compensate. it might not be provable today, but im positive that once 7.0 moves to live, this exact question is going to be parroted a billion times, if they dont announce plans then, they will certainly adjust it at the beginning of Legion.

i am certain, the amount of unrest that will exist once Legion goes live about the cost of Garrisons (should he cost still exist then) will be address and hotfixed immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.