Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The Supremes voted 8-0 to to shift representation to those with most "undocumented"

If they document the "undocumented" illegal aliens sanctuary cities will be able to commit even stronger voter fraud.

https://www.oathkeepers.org/scotus-d...ments-purpose/

“A unanimous Supreme Court ruled Monday that illegal immigrants and other noncitizens can be counted when states draw their legislative districts, shooting down a challenge by Texas residents who said their own voting power was being diluted,” The Washington Times reported."

"As the number of US House seats is fixed at 435, reapportionment means that if a given state gains a House district, another state must lose one. If (illegal alien non-citizens are counted in the decennial Census upon which districts are apportioned, then states with larger illegal alien populations are likely to end up with more districts and therefore more representation in the House. This effectively dilutes the votes of citizens in states having relatively low populations of illegal aliens."

Tell me CMartel, which group lionized by the Oathkeepers insisted that their property was counted as ''population'' for the purpose of elections too ?

BTW, I know I'm not as smart as some people here, but I tend to be wary of sites that sell survival gear on their front page while peddling imminent apocalypse.

This isn't new, they merely upheld how it's already done. To make the point further, back when slavery was legal, slaves counted as 3/5 of a person for population representation. Slaves weren't able to vote either. I'm not gonna get into whether this is the right way or wrong way, but it IS the way it's been done before and the current districts are drawn with this population setup already. Districts would have been redrawn if they voted the other way.

Good, make a list of all their names so we can deport them quickly once trump gets into office.

10+ Year Old Account
    People ineligible for voting have always been counted even since the foundation of the United States, what else is new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are if its unanimous, the people trying to change the wrong are hilariously in the wrong. This includes the conservatives of ALito and THomas who would obviously be against illegals and even THEY found that legal non citizens also had the right to be counted.

Also, the issue was it would only count people that were eligable. Which, guess what, would exclude minors and legal imigrants on their way to citizenship.

Also, less weird source: http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/in...vote/119281392
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-04-11 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Good, make a list of all their names so we can deport them quickly once trump gets into office.
    Ah, so Mastah Trump plan to deport the SCOTUS that don't agree with him. I suppose this is another ''LIBURAL PLOT'' to suggest that it's remarkably not what the Constittuion meant by ''separation of powers (you know, in the sissy parts that don't talk about guns)

Incidentally, I'm not sure of the part about ''make a list of their names''...you think that the identitty of SCOTUS members is a super sekrit ?

Maybe in your home, deep in Zul Aman. Or Farak. Or Gurub. Or Drak.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    If they document the "undocumented" illegal aliens sanctuary cities will be able to commit even stronger voter fraud.

“A unanimous Supreme Court ruled Monday that illegal immigrants and other noncitizens can be counted when states draw their legislative districts, shooting down a challenge by Texas residents who said their own voting power was being diluted,” The Washington Times reported."

"As the number of US House seats is fixed at 435, reapportionment means that if a given state gains a House district, another state must lose one. If (illegal alien non-citizens are counted in the decennial Census upon which districts are apportioned, then states with larger illegal alien populations are likely to end up with more districts and therefore more representation in the House. This effectively dilutes the votes of citizens in states having relatively low populations of illegal aliens."
    Low information right-wingers getting triggered.......

FYI the constitution is explicit on this subject. All residents are to be counted whether they are eligible to vote or not. This is a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Low information right-wingers getting triggered.......

FYI the constitution is explicit on this subject. All residents are to be counted whether they are eligible to vote or not. This is a non-issue.
    That point was pushed foward by the poster boys of the angry Trump voters, the Slave States.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    What's weird about an article titled "SCOTUS Decision on Counting Illegals Highlights Betrayal of Government’s Purpose"? Sounds like a reasonable piece of journalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I thought The Supremes only had 3 members.

Alito and Thomas voted for it. Those goddamn libtard justices.

Anyone else notice the complete lie in the title of this thread? There is no shifting; the SC affirmed what the state already does. The challengers were the ones trying to shift how it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Anyone else notice the complete lie in the title of this thread? There is no shifting; the SC affirmed what the state already does. The challengers were the ones trying to shift how it's done.
    Which is why I listed a more unbiased source, because the OP is a bunch of bollocks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    An Oathkeepers website as a source for a post should tip you off to the credibility of any and all information used by the OP.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What's weird about an article titled "SCOTUS Decision on Counting Illegals Highlights Betrayal of Government’s Purpose"? Sounds like a reasonable piece of journalism.
    You can see other fine headlines on that site : ''Antibiotics are a conspiracy'' ''Cultural marxism''...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oath Keepers, Oath Keepers, sounds familiar...lemme dig out my 4th Ed handbook.

Ah, here we go, found it.

'Oath Keepers is an American radical organization associated with the anti-government patriot movement. It encourages members—some of whom are current and former U.S. military and law enforcement officers—not to obey orders which they believe would violate the United States Constitution. The group is best known for its controversial presence in Ferguson, Missouri during protests and unrest in the city, during which its members were armed with semi-automatic rifles and were described as a far-right militia group by the media."

It is interesting how people so attached to the Constitution would find an 8-0 ruling by the most knowledgeable scholars on the subject questionable, especially when this was the defeat of a challenge and therefore upholding the status quo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oath Keepers, Oath Keepers, sounds familiar...lemme dig out my 4th Ed handbook.

Ah, here we go, found it.

'Oath Keepers is an American radical organization associated with the anti-government patriot movement. It encourages members—some of whom are current and former U.S. military and law enforcement officers—not to obey orders which they believe would violate the United States Constitution. The group is best known for its controversial presence in Ferguson, Missouri during protests and unrest in the city, during which its members were armed with semi-automatic rifles and were described as a far-right militia group by the media."

It is interesting how people so attached to the Constitution would find an 8-0 ruling by the most knowledgeable scholars on the subject questionable, especially when this was the defeat of a challenge and therefore upholding the status quo.
    Once you read theirs and their fellow travelers websites and forums you will understand how their view of the Constitution is totally foreign to 99.9 % of the population of this country.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

First of all, the argument being made was this: only those who actually vote should be counted as the population when drawing district lines. So of course it was doomed to lose, since it would discount people who are eligible to vote but choose not to. Otherwise, the court left it open for the states to decide if they want to count literal population or only those eligible to vote.

hey guys we did it wrong in the past, u know back when people were stupid... so lets continue it forever, cause we are apparently stupid as well. i almost wish my family didnt go thru the process to make me legal, why bother?