Deleted

Mousover vs. Focus vs. @Arena1,2,3 (PLEASE HELP!)

Hello Arenajunkies/MMO-champion forum.

So i have a question that i feel like being unanswered, stops me from progressing in becoming a better arena player overall.

I have around 2000 experience in 2's, and 1700 in 3's.

I have swapped classes, comps and roles ALOT the last few months, as i am trying to get a feel for what fits me the best. Whenever i set up a new character, i tend to try out different "playstyles" in the terms of macroing differently. Whenever i heal i always play with targetting macros. Q being "self" 1, E party 2 and R party 3. As a resto druid, Rsham and Dpriest i usually have focus macros on mousewheels, and have for example cyclone, hex and silence macroed to /cast [@focus]..

One of my teammates plays any class / role having CC mainly, being /cast @arena1,2,3.
    After i tried out doing what my teammate does with my CC abilities i feel like that's the best for me.

BUT this leads me to my question.

- Would any of you suggest and arguement as to why maybe mouseover macros for example on a Warrior (Which is the class i am trying to main as of right now in Arena) would be good to use, for let's say Stormbolt, Intervene, Charge etc. So both defensive and offensive abilities.
    I want to play the best i can, and therefore i am open to any suggestions. Currently i seek ways i can set up my characters, like a preset any of you guys would recommend me to try.

I just want to put a disclaimer here real quick. I am not english speaking by nationality, and therefore i might have expressed myself abit confusingly. If you need me to try and re-explain anything, just say so!

Kind Regards, Ulrik.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think Mouse over Macros suck. It's just much better to make an intervene macro that has the name of your team mates. The only use I've found out of a mouse over macro for Intervene is in randoms.

Stuff like Charge and Stormbolt don't need it honestly. If you're in arena, you should have binds for all three arena targets.

The problem with focus macros is that they depend on you moving your cursor which is hindering when in almost all cases you are always going to be holding down the right click button or even both buttons (assuming you don't use the keyboard to move forward). Mouse over just feels sloppy where you constantly have to let go of right click move cursor to target that's moving and then hit ability and hold right click again. Again, its sloppy.

Deleted
    I usually put it all in one button. Current target is default, modifiers for 1,2,3 and if there is no current target it becomes a mouse over, you could also get a modifier for that.

Sometimes when I'm more into RBG or just randoms or even wpvp I change the modifier arena 1, 2, 3 with focus target. And end up using this in arena aswell since I'm usually to lazy to change it afterwards, works fine as well.

mouse over is pretty useful in some cases like you want to charge this shamans fire elemental totem or his healing totem or your hunters pet with intervene. If your hunters pet is on target your intervene becomes basically another gap closer. Some might not like to use intervene for this kind of stuff but wth I'm a warrior CHAAAAAARGEE!!!
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-04-11 at 01:19 PM.

Please, for the love of god, tell me your toon names so I know to NEVER EVER EVER, NEVER EVER EVER, NEVER EVER, EVERRRRR play with you. Kthanks

Infracted.
    Last edited by Wass; 2016-04-12 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhySoStupid View Post
    Please, for the love of god, tell me your toon names so I know to NEVER EVER EVER, NEVER EVER EVER, NEVER EVER, EVERRRRR play with you. Kthanks
    Hahaha, in danish, there is a saying which is the following; "spurgt" which directly translated means "asked".. It's used when somebody says something completely irrelevant to what the talk you are having with someone is about. I think this is one of those moments. Spurgt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I personally think Mouse over Macros suck. It's just much better to make an intervene macro that has the name of your team mates. The only use I've found out of a mouse over macro for Intervene is in randoms.

Stuff like Charge and Stormbolt don't need it honestly. If you're in arena, you should have binds for all three arena targets.

The problem with focus macros is that they depend on you moving your cursor which is hindering when in almost all cases you are always going to be holding down the right click button or even both buttons (assuming you don't use the keyboard to move forward). Mouse over just feels sloppy where you constantly have to let go of right click move cursor to target that's moving and then hit ability and hold right click again. Again, its sloppy.
    Okay, i see. I really appreciate the reply - Currently i target with mousewheel scroll up, down & middle, and set focus as shift+Scrollup,down,middle. I am pretty sure i should just perhaps practice to break my habbits regarding specific keybinds, so perhaps do a "re-setup" on my chars. I will be playing my rdruid tonight, and i will surely see how it feels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I usually put it all in one button. Current target is default, modifiers for 1,2,3 and if there is no current target it becomes a mouse over, you could also get a modifier for that.

Sometimes when I'm more into RBG or just randoms or even wpvp I change the modifier arena 1, 2, 3 with focus target. And end up using this in arena aswell since I'm usually to lazy to change it afterwards, works fine as well.

mouse over is pretty useful in some cases like you want to charge this shamans fire elemental totem or his healing totem or your hunters pet with intervene. If your hunters pet is on target your intervene becomes basically another gap closer. Some might not like to use intervene for this kind of stuff but wth I'm a warrior CHAAAAAARGEE!!!
    Haha, thanks alot for your input!

- I will probably try and fiddle with some modifier macros also, and set charge up to become mouseover if no arena1,2,3 i guess. I feel like it's super important i soon learn to have macro presets across my toons, as i can have a hard time swapping now and then, if my teammates wants to play different comps or something.

Personally i find arena 1,2,3 much more efficient and faster reaction time wise than mouse over, mainly goes for my CC and dispel abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Oprawinfury View Post
    Hello Arenajunkies/MMO-champion forum.

So i have a question that i feel like being unanswered, stops me from progressing in becoming a better arena player overall.

I have around 2000 experience in 2's, and 1700 in 3's.

I have swapped classes, comps and roles ALOT the last few months, as i am trying to get a feel for what fits me the best. Whenever i set up a new character, i tend to try out different "playstyles" in the terms of macroing differently. Whenever i heal i always play with targetting macros. Q being "self" 1, E party 2 and R party 3. As a resto druid, Rsham and Dpriest i usually have focus macros on mousewheels, and have for example cyclone, hex and silence macroed to /cast [@focus]..

One of my teammates plays any class / role having CC mainly, being /cast @arena1,2,3.
    After i tried out doing what my teammate does with my CC abilities i feel like that's the best for me.

BUT this leads me to my question.

- Would any of you suggest and arguement as to why maybe mouseover macros for example on a Warrior (Which is the class i am trying to main as of right now in Arena) would be good to use, for let's say Stormbolt, Intervene, Charge etc. So both defensive and offensive abilities.
    I want to play the best i can, and therefore i am open to any suggestions. Currently i seek ways i can set up my characters, like a preset any of you guys would recommend me to try.

I just want to put a disclaimer here real quick. I am not english speaking by nationality, and therefore i might have expressed myself abit confusingly. If you need me to try and re-explain anything, just say so!

Kind Regards, Ulrik.
    Depends on the skill, I use 1,2,3 for CC (since I spam those), focus for interrupts (since I look at the cast bar in the focus frame) and on mouse over for heals because they are no as reactive as the others (e.g. I know a few seconds before using it that it will be needed) and because i use it a lot on random BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Depends on the skill, I use 1,2,3 for CC (since I spam those), focus for interrupts (since I look at the cast bar in the focus frame) and on mouse over for heals because they are no as reactive as the others (e.g. I know a few seconds before using it that it will be needed) and because i use it a lot on random BGs.
    Yeh i also use /focus for range kicks; however, sometimes you urgently need kick cast of a different person (chaos bolt or cyclone) and selecting target/putting it on focus I always found annoying, so i keep just in case for those rare moments arena 123 kick

10+ Year Old Account
    I like using nomod for current target, shift for a1, ctrl for a2, and alt for a3 for my CCs and ranged interrupts
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Deleted
    If you only play 2s then party1 macros work well when need to cast things on your teammate. For 3s make one macro with the names of dpses you play with and another one for healers. For enemy players arena 123 and focus macro are the best. Mouse over macro is when you are doing bg or skirmish, wpvp.