Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    And are you just fine with him oppressing journalists that don't talk well about him?

Oppressing the press is one of the things a dictator does, so is arresting political rivals.
    >Taking a Turkish nationalist seriously.

Its a waste of time.

Didn't anyone tell him that Germans don't do humour well?

It's not like a bad German joke surprises anyone in the world... :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So glad we have the first amendment to protect us from stuff like this here

Turkey is a shithole and instead on focusing on Russia the EU should focus on them.

The prospect that this country may one day get into the EU and have free visas is sickening.

did someone say "retake Constantinople"?
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Sultan Erdo you are a douchebag, now sue me unless you are to busy in your 3rd world democracy and your palace payed for but unwanted by Turskish taxpayers.

They should respond like that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Poems now? Lol what a shithead leader

Quote Originally Posted by Adarian View Post
    did someone say "retake Constantinople"?
    I'm not particularly interested in going to war with the second largest member of nato.

Erdogan seems he would get along with Putin on silencing journalists. Battle of the egos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Im jewish and i support Erdogan in this case.
    The "poem" was just a disguised insult so i hope he gets a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurnor View Post
    Im jewish and i support Erdogan in this case.
    The "poem" was just a disguised insult so i hope he gets a penalty.
    your post is a disgusting insult to me, can i hope you go to jail for it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Turkey is a shithole and instead on focusing on Russia the EU should focus on them.

The prospect that this country may one day get into the EU and have free visas is sickening.
    Don't they have that with the new deal? (The Visas at least.)

As for the topic itself: If you really look into everything he does, you'll slowly come to realize that Jan Böhmermann is the kind of mastermind who pretends to be the puppet and the puppet master at the same time. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the smarter guys running comedy/satire/show business at the moment. Does anyone think a clever guy like him would accidently step over a line at such a critical time? I call bs.

The satire in question was meant to make fun not just of Erdogan, but of the whole political situation as well as the ridiculous notions that have been popping up in German press for more than a year. He shames both Erdogan supporters and haters at the same time. The poem WAS out of line, and racist and what-not. If you want to insult someone, you can (and I believe he definitely could) be way smarter about it. So if people stand up to defend the 'freedom of speech' simply because they oppose Erdogan or Turkey or all muslems (whatever floats their boat) they will simultaneously defend that purposely crude/bad satire. At the same time anyone supporting Erdogan in this matter has to realize how utterly silly the notion itself is. They'd oppose freedom of speech and press and comedy. People get really angsty about that (at least in the West), so that's another dead-end. Can you get anymore brilliant than that?

I think he should get what we call a 'slap on the wrist' and a "Du-du-du!" with a raised finger. Should please everyone. Make if look as if we're just reluctant enough to not dish out harsh punishment while the people who matter know it's nothing but symbolic to appease the one with the childish tantrum. And also show dear Mister Böhmermann where the line is draw - so he can test out its finer limits in the near future

If he gets reelected once more, Turkey has no real future in the EU.
    I reallly wish USA as leader of NATO would step foot down and tell him to shut up. Threating with no more toys for army oughta help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    your post is a disgusting insult to me, can i hope you go to jail for it?
    So you are totally ok with someone calling your name on life television and calling you a goatfucker and child abuser?
    If you like it that much why dont you ask him to insult yourself too.
    And note that i personally found the other REAL satire funny but this one is just bad.

So you are totally ok with someone calling your name on life television and calling you a goatfucker and child abuser?
    If you like it that much why dont you ask him to insult yourself too.
    And note that i personally found the other REAL satire funny but this one is just bad.
    here is the thing, Im an adult and am actually capable of not liking someone insulting me and yet also not wanting them to face legal punishment for it.

Deleted
    here is the thing, Im an adult and am actually capable of not liking someone insulting me and yet also not wanting them to face legal punishment for it.
    Well its actually illegal to insult a statesmen of another country in Germany so he can actually get a penalty for it.

Well its actually illegal to insult a statesmen of another country in Germany so he can actually get a penalty for it.
    yes i know its illegal my point is it shouldn't be.

yes i know its illegal my point is it shouldn't be.
    But it is. And he fully knew it, he even said it. Thats just stupid behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    But it is. And he fully knew it, he even said it. Thats just stupid behaviour.
    violating an unjust law in an attempt to protest it is a historically common tactic, or where the blacks who sat at lunch counters wrong to do so?

Deleted
    violating an unjust law in an attempt to protest it is a historically common tactic, or where the blacks who sat at lunch counters wrong to do so?
    So let's go on a killing spree then, because I think killing people if you think you have a reason (say ... I did not like his face) should not be illegal.
    And of course you can not punish me, right? Because I am trying to make a point that the law preventing killing is totally unjust.
    Two wrongs ain't no right, or is it?