Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it time we introduce restricted realms??

Restricted realms - A realm where certain things are restricted. No Flight, No Heirlooms, No Shared AH, No paladin for horde, no shaman for alliance, Fresh mount journal, fresh pet journal, exp gets turned off at level 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 100 and wont be activated until you complete that expansion's raid / dungeon content.

Would you play on a restricted realm? Is it time we introduce these realms?

That all sounds like a step backwards for the game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You can play one right now, just not nostalrius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That all sounds like a step backwards for the game.
    It wouldn't be any sort of vanilla realm, it would be all the same game systems and such in the game now, but some restrictions on things. So talent trees would be the same, numbers would be the same, etc. At max level (in legion's case level 110), flight would still be restricted, and overall difficulty of all content would be increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Restricted realms - A realm where certain things are restricted. No Flight, No Heirlooms, No Shared AH, No paladin for horde, no shaman for alliance, Fresh mount journal, fresh pet journal, exp gets turned off at level 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 100 and wont be activated until you complete that expansion's raid / dungeon content.

That's called a progression realm. For the most part. But in the way you suggest it, would be terrible. Unlocking things via completed raids/storylines is great, but restricting things to no flight, no pally etc would be asenine in today's gameplay set. Absolute step backwards.

Like Blizz, you took a decent idea and went too far with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    That's called a progression realm. For the most part. But in the way you suggest it, would be terrible. Unlocking things via completed raids/storylines is great, but restricting things to no flight, no pally etc would be asenine in today's gameplay set. Absolute step backwards.

Like Blizz, you took a decent idea and went too far with it.
    I think there would be a really large group of people who would actually play on these realms. It wouldn't be a bad idea, do you think? Why is removing some conveniences a bad thing if its just a realm restriction? Hence Restricted realms.

Don't try to sugarcoat the name you really want to say. Vanilla, BC, WotLK, whatever. Blizzard has stated numerous times they will not put resources into backtracking the game to earlier versions. I reckon same goes for removing certain aspects in the current build.
    I did it
    I didn't do it
    FAKE NEWS
    What was the question?

Lol, you mean a progression server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeryn View Post
    Don't try to sugarcoat the name you really want to say. Vanilla, BC, WotLK, whatever. Blizzard has stated numerous times they will not put resources into backtracking the game to earlier versions. I reckon same goes for removing certain aspects in the current build.
    I'm not asking or advocating vanilla / bc / any expansion servers. Im saying Blizzard should created a few restricted realms with my proposed restrictions. Its not sugarcoating anything except your own ignorance.

I bet there would be a substantial amount of players who would play on these realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by remeran12 View Post
    Lol, you mean a progression server?
    Essentially yes.

First of all let me say...

Oh wait. Jaylock thread. Nevermind.

7+ Year Old Account
    NO. That would be all kinds of bad.

Leaving aside the obvious "You just want a vanilla/BC/etc server" arguments, how would such a thing work? If I get to 60 and XP is locked do I need to wait for 39 other dudes to clear Naxx 1.0? Or is it when a certain amount of people clear Naxx, the XP turns on and you proceed to BC?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

Exactly.
    /10

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

pretty much.

Formerly known as Arafal

It will never be time for that.

The future is more flexible servers, not additional little prisons.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

A disguised "giveusvanillaserver" thread.

and Jaylock....

10+ Year Old Account
    "i'm not saying i want a vanilla server, but....."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    "i'm not saying i want a vanilla server, but....."
    ".... give me something that is essentially a vanilla server"

Deleted

not a chance lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Leaving aside the obvious "You just want a vanilla/BC/etc server" arguments, how would such a thing work? If I get to 60 and XP is locked do I need to wait for 39 other dudes to clear Naxx 1.0? Or is it when a certain amount of people clear Naxx, the XP turns on and you proceed to BC?
    You would have to find 39 other dudes to clear AQ40. Naxx is now wotlk content so you couldn't get into Naxx 40 man anymore.

So yes, until you clear ALL raid and dungeon content of that expansion, you could not get any exp toward going up to level 70. People who have already cleared it, can come back and help you, but their gear and level would be scaled down to the appropriate level, similar to how timewalking works.